• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.50

palmira

I really liked the tournements KPs being awarded as instants and I specially loved the increase :) When will this be updated to live is my only question :)

I was counting to get the orcs portal half done with the 15 KPs we get from the 5 chests here on beta ( not a very active FS) but the slight delay was completely overshadowed by the huge increase in KPs for my meager AWs. This was a very welcomed change.

Dony

King of Bugs
maybe there was miscommunication from devs and this change was really intended to happen from next tournament and that was the reason why patch notes looked the way it looked (bugs proves its not fully finished yet) or it was just a bug that it happened this week
i cant think of 1 reason why devs woudnt be proud of announcing increase of KP from tournament chests in patch notes

Elderflower

Eek! My mobile city is under attack by giant eggs bombarding it. But only in the mobile version. o_O
I guess it's a prelude to an Easter event

Maillie

Many fellowships have games where they place certain amounts of KP into each others AWs. This is a terrible change, because the Instants can't be split. I understand that the huge players, with everything they already need, like this change, but the smaller players can't "race through the tech tree" anyway. It takes a lot more than KP to finish a tech. We have lost more than one of the medium-sized players who found the advancement to go too slow, I'm afraid we'll lose more now.

Our fellowship helps the smaller players advance their wonders. Each week three players receive KP into their wonders. The players on Page One of the fs donate 6 KP, the players on Pages Two and Three donate 3 KP. This gives windfalls to the smaller players, but only costs them 9 KP a week to play. We generally use the KP from the tournaments to do this, since the majority of our fs has medium cities, and a few are still small and struggling to grow, and with the tournament they still have some KP left over to help them in the tech tree.

If anyone is "racing through the tech tree" it has nothing to do with having a choice of what to do with the KP from tournaments, it's taken me a year and a half to get to Halflings. It has everything to do with purchasing diamonds.

This is a great change to the very large players, it's equally a bad change to the growing players who need every KP they can get to help their cities grow. If it takes longer than it does now, I'm afraid it's not going to be a very fun game for them.

SoggyShorts

. This is a terrible change, because the Instants can't be split.......The players on Page One of the fs donate 6 KP, the players on Pages Two and Three donate 3 KP
@Maillie The first 3 chests are 3,5, and 7 KP. Surely you can adjust your game to make that work?
If anyone is "racing through the tech tree" it has nothing to do with having a choice of what to do with the KP from tournaments, it's taken me a year and a half to get to Halflings. It has everything to do with purchasing diamonds.......This is a great change to the very large players, it's equally a bad change to the growing players who need every KP they can get to help their cities grow. If it takes longer than it does now, I'm afraid it's not going to be a very fun game for them.
Wonders help your city- in almost all cases a wonder is more efficient than a normal building that has the same function- e.g The SSS is better than an armory, the ToS is better than a workshop etc.
Since virtually all players eventually get techlocked, this change should be a win for virtually all players.
The only playstyle that is slowed down by this change is a "zero wonders" playstyle, which isn't what the devs intend, and is already a slow playstyle choice no matter what because wonders are better than normal buildings.

As for limiting choices, one huge advantage is that you now will really have a choice of what wonder to put KP in since you can choose to bank KP for a wonder you haven't even unlocked yet, a totally new and awesome feature.:)

DeletedUser1657

I understand that the huge players, with everything they already need, like this change, but the smaller players can't "race through the tech tree" anyway.

I have small and large towns and I love this change more for the smaller towns. The fellowship chests are smaller on my small towns so have little impact. Getting kp on every fellowship chest now is awesome and will actually speed up my progress on those towns.

My larger towns require a lot more kp per wonder to level so I should see a quicker increase in wonders on my small towns initially. But that increase makes my town stronger so it can then do more and more. Wonders that get levelled help people do more in tournaments which then means more kp both for tech tree and wonders which lets them do more and so the cycle continues ever better.

Dony

King of Bugs
I am not sure if i am the only one but with this week Windows 10, Flash and Firefox updates my game is running very slow, all feels laggy on low end PC setups, setting and collecting productions takes minutes.

DeletedUser

I am not sure if i am the only one but with this week Windows 10, Flash and Firefox updates my game is running very slow, all feels laggy on low end PC setups, setting and collecting productions takes minutes.
Still on W7, only thing I noticed is when I donate KP's in someones AW that the counter is very slow in updating.

Jackluyt

Here are the new awards;

29511549_10211400138739799_2343448363689065423_n.jpg

DeletedUser2182

The change from "pure" KPs to instant KPs was quite terrible to myself and to my fellows. If we could at least use them also on tech and not only AWs, that would be nice. Here the small players are losing interest on tournaments, and I can't blame them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

The change from "pure" KPs to instant KPs was quite terrible to myself and to my fellows.
Really?
Your BR2&EN3 FS each got 5 chests, which would have been 15 KP in the old system: was that really so much better than getting 35 wonder KP?
Or do you mean your Beta FS, which wasn't in the top 50, so couldn't have gotten more than 5 KP in the old system....

You are now forced to spend ~2% of your weekly KP on wonders. Half of which is free. I don't think that qualifies as "quite terrible";)

DeletedUser2182

Really?
Your BR2&EN3 FS each got 5 chests, which would have been 15 KP in the old system: was that really so much better than getting 35 wonder KP?
Or do you mean your Beta FS, which wasn't in the top 50, so couldn't have gotten more than 5 KP in the old system....

You are now forced to spend ~2% of your weekly KP on wonders. Half of which is free. I don't think that qualifies as "quite terrible";)
I mean my BR2 Fellowship (usually I mean that one because there I'm Archmage), because many of us would prefer to get KPs to spend in anyway we want to, not only AWs. I don't even consider Beta when talking about such a thing.

Also, many people from Br.forums had the same complain. It is interesting that on En.forums most people liked it, while in Br.forums most hated it.:confused: I guess all of us have the right to say what we think. One of my Mages was quite upset because she doesn't want to build an AW (yeah, not even one, and don't tell me they are good because that is her choice... I like my AWs too lol).:rolleyes:

Just my opinion: I didn't like the change, and many of my friends didn't like it too. But if most players liked it, well, better to Inno. :p

Karvest

That's because your FS is too young to get full profit from this change. Once your mage grow up to the orcs - she would change her opinion.=)

DeletedUser2182

That's because your FS is too young to get full profit from this change. Once your mage grow up to the orcs - she would change her opinion.=)
I would also say she will soon learn to love AWs, but I always let the players in my FS to play on their own way. If one want to build one of each manufactory because they are beautiful, that is ok to me. Ofc I will show them the math and say this is not the best thing to do, I may advise on contrary. But if they have fun this way, that is fine, fun is my reason to play. :) No change will make 100% of the players happy.