• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.50

Heymrdiedier

there doesnt exist 75 kp instant
30 KP instant is a max possible so there would be combination of smaller instants as a reward
you actually dont get 75kp as a whole in the tournament, you get 5 or 10 kp from some of the chests, wouldnt it be logical those are just replaced with the corresponding instant. Having them all added to a total (of 75 kp) would not make much sense to me :)

also this only changes the kp from final reward, not those from all the province rewards. So you can still get a lot of kp from tournament that you can put in the tech tree?

Deleted User - 60107

you guys should be annoyed on the people who proposed this change and on yourselfs that you werent against it loud enough, inno just listened to community
Which "community"? I've never seen any player posts asking for a change to the rewards from tournament chests. There were some suggestions to change the rewards from AWs, but:
- that has nothing to do with tournament rewards
- there were objection against it precisely because KP Instants can't be used on the tech tree

Personally, I remain of the opinion that KP Instants should simply add KP to the KP bar (the way Forge Point packages in FoE add FP to the FP bar). Let the players decide how to use those KP - after all, the players earned them.

Also, let's not forget that many players likely didn't even know such a change was being considered (I certainly didn't), and many others likely don't even know we can use KP Instants only on AWs and not on the tech tree.

Jixel

It's amazing that they got something so right, and so wrong, all at the same time.

Yes, (some) players have been asking for the tournament rewards to be delivered as "KP packets" or similar. For a very long time !
BUT we wanted those KP packets to be usable on anything we'd normally spend KP on !

Anyway, it's not like hoarding KP instants (if they were usable on the tech tree) is getting people "ahead" as such - since if I'm hoarding them for later, I'm obviously not using them on AWs or the tech tree now. It's just deferring them for a time of my choosing.

(and let me be the Nth person to point out that no-one is going to "break" the game rushing through the tech tree by hoarding KP instants, because of all the other obstacles that have been put in our way - especially all of the decaying goods now. You could give me 1000KP right now, and it would barely help any of my cities get ahead at all ... ).

DeletedUser1548

Speaking about community's request is a bit insolent. People did not want to have their KP's wasted. That was the issue...
And now it turned out to be like contract with the devil. No matter the result, players will lose anyway.

Also like it was mentioned before - reasoning behind this has no sense.

DeletedUser118

Which "community"? I've never seen any player posts asking for a change to the rewards from tournament chests. There were some suggestions to change the rewards from AWs, but:
- that has nothing to do with tournament rewards
- there were objection against it precisely because KP Instants can't be used on the tech tree

Small input here:

Please keep in mind, that Beta is not the only place where communities can come up with suggestions to the game. We have lots of life worlds too, with problably lots of different ideas, too.

Dony

King of Bugs
Speaking about community's request is a bit insolent. People did not want to have their KP's wasted. That was the issue...
And now it turned out to be like contract with the devil. No matter the result, players will lose anyway.

Also like it was mentioned before - reasoning behind this has no sense.
You dont lose anything, it just slow some people down

1st chest gives: 3 AW KP
2nd chest gives: 5 AW KP
3rd chest gives: 7 AW KP
4th chest gives: 10 AW KP
5th chest gives: 10 AW KP
6th chest gives: 15 AW KP
7th chest gives: 15 AW KP
8th chest gives: 20 AW KP
9th chest gives: 20 AW KP
10th chest gives: 30 AW KP

total of 135 KP where no matter how many chests you did till now, with new rewards its more rewarding for everybody

also i think this just a part of the things they are doing behind the scene, so while it doesnt make sense now it will make sense in a long run

Deleted User - 60107

Small input here:

Please keep in mind, that Beta is not the only place where communities can come up with suggestions to the game. We have lots of life worlds too, with problably lots of different ideas, too.
I am keeping that in mind. I follow Beta, EN and US forums, after all.

Hear-hear!

That would be a wonderful response to player feedback!!
Too bad that thread you linked is about AW rewards, while the implemented change is about Tournament rewards. And yes, there were one or two people there who also suggested turning the tournament rewards into KP Instants as well, but the majority was in favor of ONLY the AW rewards becoming Instants.

You dont lose anything, it just slow some people down

1st chest gives: 3 AW KP
2nd chest gives: 5 AW KP
3rd chest gives: 7 AW KP
4th chest gives: 10 AW KP
5th chest gives: 10 AW KP
6th chest gives: 15 AW KP
7th chest gives: 15 AW KP
8th chest gives: 20 AW KP
9th chest gives: 20 AW KP
10th chest gives: 30 AW KP

total of 135 KP where no matter how many chests you did till now, with new rewards its more rewarding for everybody

also i think this just a part of the things they are doing behind the scene, so while it doesnt make sense now it will make sense in a long run
Two things:
- why is this missing from the Release Notes? There's no mention of the per-chest rewards having changed.
- why is this change already implemented for the current tournament, when the release notes say "from next tournament on"?

Karvest

Yeah, we can't see actual amount of KP in tournament UI, why we need to dig into game files to get that info?

DeletedUser2300

So we should be thanking SoggyShorts for this "wonderful" idea?
Hear-hear!

That would be a wonderful response to player feedback!!

Oh gee, limit my use of KP's so I can't use them in tech trees anymore. That will be a WONDERFUL idea! NOT!
I have planned tech research completions around my tournament completions in the past. And before you start on about how I receive KP while doing tournaments and provinces, do not. My KP is MY KP I should no way nor form be force to use it any other way because the game and like 5 people feels otherwise on the forum. If I want to place all that 75KP into my tech tree, I should have the choice to do so. If I want to place all that 75kp into my wonder, I should have the choice to do so. By making this decision, you are taking away my choice to do with the KP I have helped earned for my FS. My hard work, my reward, and I should have the choice to do with as I wish.

I understand there are people who have magically found themselves at the end of the chapters and have nothing but wonders to spend into, good for them! They have the choice to make a 75kp swap thread and put all their 75kp into someones wonder or their own...but you see, it is their choice.

Same way it is my choice to plan event around the completion of tournaments where you are asking us to build x building to level 20 or spend 20kp. Or just simply spend 20 kp. The KP I receive from completing THAT tournament, will help me achieve that part of the event quests! Better yet, when you are asking us to complete a research...guess what? I have used KPs from completion of tournaments, to make that part of the quest happen!

Game changes should not be hindering people playing style, by the change you have made, you have essentially force everyone to use their earn KP from the tournament only in one way. Elvenar as a game is quite limited as it is but your changes is essentially turning this game into a pre-program mindless game play of you can only do x,y, and z. We are not machines, we are human beings and choices stimulate our minds.

You see...how I keep highlighting choices? Because it is a great asset in a game if you have choices! If I want to get to the end of a chapter and worry about my wonders, let me have that choice. If I want to upgrade all my wonders to level 600 before I complete woodelf, let me have that choice. Choices...choices...choices...they define different playing experience level for people. We should not be lock into the same gaming experience!

Potvorisko

I personally like this change. I use my tournament KP for building wonders anyway and if it means now even more KP, I´m all for it. I still get more KP from tournament fights (about 150 average), which I can use for tech tree. I think, that they simply want us to have better wonders, because it can later help us more.

DeletedUser2314

I personally like this change. I use my tournament KP for building wonders anyway and if it means now even more KP, I´m all for it. I still get more KP from tournament fights (about 150 average), which I can use for tech tree. I think, that they simply want us to have better wonders, because it can later help us more.

If you want to use your earned KP for AW, you can still do so. If I want to use my earned KP for Tech tree, I can not. Do you think that is fair, Potvorisko? Why should it go your way only?

Potvorisko

If you want to use your earned KP for AW, you can still do so. If I want to use my earned KP for Tech tree, I can not. Do you think that is fair, Potvorisko? Why should it go your way only?

I didn´t suggest this, I´m just saying I like it. I spend all KP except tournament for tech tree and then I get stuck so these points end up in AWs anyway. I accept it as slowing down policy, so there would be lesser really fast bored big players (I hope). If is it fair? I don´t know, but still they are giving us now possibility to earn 135 KP instead of 75 and that is great.

DeletedUser2300

I didn´t suggest this, I´m just saying I like it. I spend all KP except tournament for tech tree and then I get stuck so these points end up in AWs anyway. I accept it as slowing down policy, so there would be lesser really fast bored big players (I hope). If is it fair? I don´t know, but still they are giving us now possibility to earn 135 KP instead of 75 and that is great.
I am not understanding where you are calculating this 135KP

• Also in response to player feedback, from next tournament on, Knowledge Points in end-of-tournament rewards have been replaced with an instant to donate KP in an Ancient Wonder, so you don't have to use them directly from your KP bar anymore.
  • I have always ONLY received 75kp at the end of tournament kp reward. If you have been getting 135, I demand compensation lmao

Heymrdiedier

im with you on this, im liking this and am optimistic about it. But ill hold my evalutation till i actually see it ingame. It wouldnt be the first time some change turned out totally different then when i read from the release notes :)

CrazyWizard

So we should be thanking SoggyShorts for this "wonderful" idea?

Oh gee, limit my use of KP's so I can't use them in tech trees anymore. That will be a WONDERFUL idea! NOT!

if your a guild that does only a few chests, then the inability to put those rewards in the tech tree schould be neglible, compared to the points you get daily and out of the tournament.
If your doing 8-9-10 chests each week in your guild then there ain't enough tech tree to put your knowledge points in so it's near all to wonders anyway.
In that case this change is awesome. as your not forced at the end of the tournament to be online or be unable to trade out your knowledge points with other players wonders.

Let's all get out of the let's complain to complain mode and embrace this change :D

iDavis

I really hope they want to make AW helps more attractive in the future and maybe this is one of the first steps. :)