• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.48

DeletedUser

To get the diamonds you need to complete the chapter and start the next one (which could mean waiting for a few months, if you are in the current last chapter). That's not what I would call "without effort".

Well it is, if you stop doing the story quests since the Dwarfs, and you are currently in the Elementals chapter. o_O

Recently a moderator on the Dutch Forum told us that we really should try to catch up with the story quests, because I've we didn't we would get stuck in the game. Many players have invested a lot of time, patience and resources (think lots and lots of Mana), to finish the story quests before the start of the new chapter. A fellow of mine did this and is now stuck in the new chapter because she doesn't have enough mana to continue. Now it turns out, if she had waited, she wouldn't have this problems. I don't think that this is fair.

And please don't tell me that you can get Mana by using spells if you have the Dragon Abbey. We here enough of that on the Dutch forum by pushers who have there AWs on level 25 :rolleyes:

Dony

King of Bugs
To get the diamonds you need to complete the chapter and start the next one (which could mean waiting for a few months, if you are in the current last chapter). That's not what I would call "without effort".
waiting for something isnt effort in my book, its also so small reward 200 diamonds that it doesnt matter if i get it now or 6 months later

i would definitelly remove last quest which grant 200 diamonds from quest chain if you skip any quest

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

In last chapter its other way around, they ask you pretty soon to pay 100k mana for quest, and reward you with only 15k mana in quest after, i wouldnt call this that it benefits me at all
I believe I also read something about a Halflings quest that asks you to pay a lot of Seeds. Personally, I find such quests a cheap way to slow players down by forcing them to waste resources (be it Mana or Seeds). I am of the opinion that such quests should either not get included at all, be declinable, or have really great rewards(*cough*diamonds*cough*) to compensate for the forced waste of resources.

Well it is, if you stop doing the story quests since the Dwarfs, and you are currently in the Elementals chapter. o_O

Recently a moderator on the Dutch Forum told us that we really should try to catch up with the story quests, because I've we didn't we would get stuck in the game. Many players have invested a lot of time, patience and resources (think lots and lots of Mana), to finish the story quests before the start of the new chapter. A fellow of mine did this and is now stuck in the new chapter because she doesn't have enough mana to continue. Now it turns out, if she had waited, she wouldn't have this problems. I don't think that this is fair.

And please don't tell me that you can get Mana by using spells if you have the Dragon Abbey. We here enough of that on the Dutch forum by pushers who have there AWs on level 25 :rolleyes:
I don't know what that moderator said, or why, so I can't really comment. Maybe it was a case of miscommunication, maybe it was some weird joke, or maybe there is a reason we are not aware of. Personally, I would have been very doubtful of such claim because, until now, compoleting the story quests has never been required and it was possible to play while ignoring the main quests. Suddenly making it mandatory to complete the main quests would be... very surprising for a lot of players, at the very least.

P.S.: I still haven't built the Dragon Abbey in any of my cities, so I can't comment on that.

DeletedUser

I don't know what that moderator said, or why, so I can't really comment. Maybe it was a case of miscommunication, maybe it was some weird joke, or maybe there is a reason we are not aware of. Personally, I would have been very doubtful of such claim because, until now, compoleting the story quests has never been required and it was possible to play while ignoring the main quests. Suddenly making it mandatory to complete the main quests would be... very surprising for a lot of players, at the very least.

I suspect that there is a reason that we are not aware of yet. It would explain why all of a sudden you can skip the story quests. To prevent a sudden outcry of angry players who refused to do the story quests :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2221

Personally I would like to see an adaption to the Chest at the end of chapter, to include completion of xx out of xx number of chapter quests in order to obtain the diamond reward (with a warning if you attempt to collect without having met the quota... do you wish to proceed anyway). This provides a visual clue to those playing of where they are on the quest line for chapter, a so those adhering to the spirit of the game obtain the reward, those who don't and don't want to, can pass on as they prefer. That way no-one is constrained if they don't wish it, but they are not rewarded for that.

Edit - selling portals etc not included as they merge to next chapter for roads etc

Marindor

Guys, please stick to our Beta market here and leave issues on Live servers, on those Live servers. Thank you :)

DeletedUser

Oke, I thought I still was on topic, but back on topic:

I wish the devs and InnoGames would stop making it so easy for cheaters and shortcut takers. And I most certainly wish that those cheaters and shortcut takers would feel a disadvantage because of it, and definitely NOT a reward.

Dony

King of Bugs
also wouldnt that make all future guest races easy? when we can just ignore quests if we feels like its hurting us and finish it after chapter ends
if nothing challenge will be reduced

SoggyShorts

Why O Why do the devs keep making decisions that benefit the players who don't play the game as it is intended, and punish those who do?
I wish the devs and InnoGames would stop making it so easy for cheaters and shortcut takers. And I most certainly wish that those cheaters and shortcut takers would feel a disadvantage because of it, and definitely NOT a reward.
While I don't like this change (especially after just blowing 100,000 mana for nothing yesterday), They do need to make the game easier for newer players. The reason is simple; we don't have the playerbase to spread everyone out along 12 chapters. Remember how much you loved waiting for chapter 12 because not enough players had finished halfings?

Heymrdiedier

While I don't like this change (especially after just blowing 100,000 mana for nothing yesterday), They do need to make the game easier for newer players. The reason is simple; we don't have the playerbase to spread everyone out along 12 chapters. Remember how much you loved waiting for chapter 12 because not enough players had finished halfings?

i agree with these, i even made a suggestion to help new players catch up easier long ago (even before we knew we had to wait for elementals till enough catched up). But it got archived.

Maybe a good idea to reread it so you can make a new suggestion that doesnt get archived: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...tch-up-with-the-end-game-players-faster.8182/

And PS in that thread you said this Soggy ;)
Also since there is no end-game content here it may not be a good idea at all to help players reach the end faster. This isn't World of Warcraft where you try to get to max level asap so you can participate in the really cool new content.

Perhaps if there was 15+ chapters available, then it would be a good idea to speed up a couple of the early chapters, but not yet.

DeletedUser

Story Line quests are now declinable as soon as you research the first technology of the next chapter.

This decision causes so many problems for honest players, who want to play the game as it was intended, that I’ve lost my joy I felt with starting the new chapter on live.

There I have just demolished several factories and armouries, to make room for the required number of guest race buildings. I dropped 34 ranking places because of it. Nevertheless, I wasn’t too bothered by it because I assumed that everybody would have to do that, one way or another. Now, it turns out that they don’t! They can just build a lot less guest race buildings, skip the quests at the end of the chapter and keep all their regular buildings. Sure, they probably progress slower, but that’s also a disadvantage for me. If I play the game as intended, I will have to wait (again!) until they finally finish the Elementals chapter. Or, I will get stuck in a new chapter because there are not enough trading partners for the T5 goods.

In the meantime, I have to forfeit tournaments because of the 3+1 troops upgrade researches. I didn’t skip these earlier optional researches, and now it will be impossible to train enough troops, and, because I demolished factories, I will no longer produce enough goods to cater the ridiculous amounts of goods that are asked for it.

Because I’m adamantly against pushing, I don’t have my Ancient Wonders on a level that would help me breeze through the Chapter. My Blooming Trader is on level 8, so buying the sentient goods in the wholesaler still costs too much. My Dragon Abbey is on level 7, so using spells to gain mana, will not give me enough mana to keep me going. Because I don’t have my Ancient Wonders on a level higher than 12, my trader gives me a lot less Seeds, that it will give the pushers who have practically all the useful Aws on level 20-25.

So, now I’m left with a sicking feeling: Apparently, cheating or taking shortcuts is the way to go now in the game, with the blessings of Devs themselves. Honest players, who thought they played the game as it was intented, will become the losers in all this.

I loved this game, and even during a very long wait (almost 6 months), I kept hoping that fair play would be rewarded in the end. More fool me

SoggyShorts

And PS in that thread you said this Soggy
Yeah I remember that... :oops: But the new mechanics of sentient goods(which I didn't know about back in May) means that we need more players at the end (or at least close to it)
I still think it's a bad idea to have players rush too fast towards the end since I think it's boring there, and players might quit, but perhaps starting with a little boost might be in order.

The ugly middle solution is to help players get into the last chapter faster, but then slow them to a crawl once they are there so that they don't finish it too quickly.

Dony

King of Bugs
i wouldnt lose all hope just yet, i know they are working for preventing cheating for quite a while now, but obviously they wont talk about it, we just have to see what will happen

SoggyShorts

There I have just demolished several factories and armouries, to make room for the required number of guest race buildings. I dropped 34 ranking places because of it. Nevertheless, I wasn’t too bothered by it because I assumed that everybody would have to do that, one way or another. Now, it turns out that they don’t! They can just build a lot less guest race buildings, skip the quests at the end of the chapter and keep all their regular buildings.
If it bothers you so much, why not just rebuild the factories you removed? Can't take very long with 5 builders, and in the meantime you can move through the chapter a little faster than you opponents, unlocking higher level buildings before they do.

Heymrdiedier

well the reason i posted that idea, and why i think its still valid, is because a lot of player seem to quit while in orc chapter, and of those ho do continue, i see the same thing happening in wizards and dragons chapter. The reason for this i think is mostly is that they get stuck in research tree because of not enough production of guest race goods, and that they are forced to spend they KP in other stuff at that point (wonders). Im used to that by now, but for newer players, wonders are something they ignore mostly.

Dony

King of Bugs
The ugly middle solution is to help players get into the last chapter faster, but then slow them to a crawl once they are there so that they don't finish it too quickly.
i see this as a problem, if some player get used to run fast through chapters and then reach the last chapter and everythings starts to go slowly that they will just quit, because they werent used to this slowness till now

DeletedUser

If it bothers you so much, why not just rebuild the factories you removed? Can't take very long with 5 builders, and in the meantime you can move through the chapter a little faster than you opponents, unlocking higher level buildings before they do.

Are you advising now me to join the cheaters and shortcut takers?

I don't want to play a game by cheating and taking shortcuts.
The story quests have been a really nice addition to the citybuilding part of the game. I've always liked the challenge to meet the requirements. It gave me a sense of accomplishment. Now that's taken away for me.

There is no challenge in the game anymore if cheating and taking shortcuts is the way to go, so now I'm left wondering if this is still the game I loved to play

DeletedUser

i see this as a problem, if some player get used to run fast through chapters and then reach the last chapter and everythings starts to go slowly that they will just quit, because they werent used to this slowness till now

I agree with you.

I also see this happening with new players who join a fellowship that offer them cheap trades to help them move along faster. The result is that these new players happily cater their way through provinces and tournaments, never even bother to try to fight (not even autofight). When they reach a certain amount of points, they lose the trading help and soon thereafter, the complaining starts: they no longer have enough goods to cater; the fights are too difficult because they are now confronted with difficult fights without any experience. And so, they quit the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Yup, that's why I called it "ugly"
Are you advising now me to join the cheaters and shortcut takers?
Considering that building very few settlement buildings slows progress to a crawl, I'd hardly call it "cheating".
What about players who decided back in chapter 6 that they don't care about the quests or the rewards? Are they all cheaters?
How about when a player decides that they don't care about an event prize, and don't put their city on hold to do any of those quests? Cheaters?

I could argue that if you build factories which you don't actually need because you already produce more goods than you use, that you are artificially inflating your score. Is that cheating? What about putting up a couple of temporary buildings while you wait for the next guest race, knowing that you will remove them later? That inflates your score too... is that cheating?

If the game says you can do either A or B it's not fair for you to call everyone who chooses B a cheater. Feel free to complain that B is easier than A, (I even agree with some of it), but try to do it without accusing other players choices of being cheating.