• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.44

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Elrondriel

In order to prepare for our 'after Flash era', we had to make a change in the code of the Wholesaler, changing the order of purchasable goods from goods/coins/supplies to coins/supplies/goods

So, like "we need to put the variables after the constants to make it more easy to code" or what could be a serious reason for such things anno 2017 ? o_O

BTW, which era is the mobile app in then, as the sequence on the WS is like 'before flash' ;)

Heymrdiedier

So, like "we need to put the variables after the constants to make it more easy to code" or what could be a serious reason for such things anno 2017 ? o_O

BTW, which era is the mobile app in then, as the sequence on the WS is like 'before flash' ;)

i've read somewhere that the app is in HTML5, tho i cant confirm or deny that. For me it doesnt really matter, as long as it works :)

and the changing the sequence from something non alphabetical to something else non alphabetical doesnt really make much sense to me (as a programmer) :)

DeletedUser1909

What about culture view of cities you visiting, have been waiting for that feature for over 6 months..

DeletedUser1777

In live we have been announced today, there will be an update for the app on thursday, do we get any annoucement (including proper releasenotes) in beta ?

Marindor

In live we have been announced today, there will be an update for the app on thursday, do we get any annoucement (including proper releasenotes) in beta ?

I have posted them now, but over here it's a bit complicated and since Beta is slightly different, we did not want to get people confused between the versions as Beta is in advance of live which is already different than mobile (e.g. new event buildings that are included in version 1.44 on Beta, can still miss in version 1.43 and therefore you can play app version 1.43 on mobile on our 1.44 Beta server but still miss these buildings :confused:). We can understand your point though and will include the mobile release notes on Beta as well.

That being said, we can already share that on the long run, we wish to be able to deliver some sort of Beta testing for the app as well but we do not know yet which shape it will take and when it will go live. :)

DeletedUser1909

Marindor are we ever going yo get a culture view of cities we visit to know what's higher value..? Something was sort of promised over 6 months ago but never implemented.

And it would be helpful...

Marindor

Marindor are we ever going yo get a culture view of cities we visit to know what's higher value..? Something was sort of promised over 6 months ago but never implemented.

And it would be helpful...

I think you're referring to this idea thread? I don't know where anything like this was promised and by who, but just to be very clear about the process behind our ideas section: When a poll for an idea meets all criteria, the idea gets forwarded to our game team (like this one indeed). After that, the game team will review the idea and make a decision on it (or leave it open when the idea is not being rejected right away, but also not implemented directly). In this case the idea is still open, which means it might be implemented in the future, it might be combined with other ideas or it might fit in with other changes in the future. It could also happen that in the end, the idea doesn't turn out to fit in the plans we have with this game because things can change and in that case, the idea could still be rejected as well. This might even be a good example of that: With the new NH system we're working on (comparible to how NH works on mobile), an idea like this might drop in importance a lot. If players use the quicker NH system, these tooltips won't have much value anymore. I don't say it is like this for the idea you're asking about, but that's just an example of how things can change in the game and why in most cases we can't directly say if an idea will get implemented or not. For the idea you're asking for, we have no final answer on it yet. I hope this helps a bit with understanding the process behind community ideas :)

DeletedUser1596

Makes sense. I think that most of us understand that. The problem is that even very popular ideas, like new NH system, take so long to implement, that it is almost the same as if they were ignored. It is obvious, that by the time any idea gets through this forum, you are working on some other things, but when it takes a year or two for new NH to get into a game, it is more like a natural evolution of a game than something based on community feedback.

Marindor

Yes, sometimes these things do take a long time indeed because other elements get priority. That doesn't been they're being forgotten, but it means the current focus is on other things. When an idea gets rejected though, we will make sure to let you know about it in the corresponding ideas thread and will move the thread to our archive :)

SoggyShorts

I don't know where anything like this was promised and by who,
@jps54
It was Timon in a live Q&A quite a while back, and to paraphrase he said:
"Yes, we know this is an issue, and we are working on it- but maybe we have something much better planned which may make it unnecessary."

The obvious conclusion to be drawn from this after the Beta mobile app was released is that a tooltip on culture buildings is no longer needed at all with the existing(mobile) and upcoming(browser) method since it selects the best building for you.

DeletedUser2242

In one of the videos it is mentioned, that the mobile app is build with Unity...
As Unity allows to export to many targets (among them HTML5+WebGL) can we expect that at some point 'after Flash era' means the current flash elvenar will be replaced by the mobile app?

DeletedUser2242

Maybe I was not clear enough I didn't mean the browser version might got shut down, I meant the browser-version might get replaced by the same code-base used for the mobile app (from a developer point of view it would make a lot of sense to have one code base for the game!!!) .
So "Web" - Elvenar could just be build from the common Unity project (maybe with a little browser tweek here and there (like visiting anothers town) but in a common sense it would be the same game.

I can't just image that a company would build three different versions of the same game.

Marindor

@Dony locking that thread was done accidentally, I think. I opened it now, could you please post a screenshot there if something's still wrong?