• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.39

DeletedUser

Sorry man, I really do not want a new guest race NOW and with me many more, we like the time to breath between the guest races to bring order to our cities instead of rushing from one race to the other. Oktober / November is time enough to release it on beta.

Unlike the past few races I am finally close to complete upgrading my streets to the latest version. something I simply was unable todo before because the races came to fast.

@CrazyWizard There's another reason why you want to delay a new chapter. For the longest time you have refused to do the story quests on live, I saw you are still stuck on the Dwarves. But now you want to catch up. Maybe because of the diamonds at the end of a chapter?

Wish you the best of luck with that, but I don't see why you want to make all of us to wait for it :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1777

So we can expect this before Halloween, or is it like "They are working on second use for blueprints" so 2019 or later?
As usual, they have been very vague concerning a timeline. I would guess before xmas, but after the next guestrace :rolleyes:

Dony

King of Bugs
be carefull what you ask for, there are lots of things coming till end of the year i expect long events (autumn, winter) short events (halloween, second FA) and new guest race and we have only 3 and a half months left, then people will be overwhelmed with things to do

DeletedUser118

I wouldn't mind if they waited a bit longer with another guest race. Still not done with this one yet and it would be nice to also have some time to rearrange my city.

Heymrdiedier

As usual, they have been very vague concerning a timeline. I would guess before xmas, but after the next guestrace :rolleyes:

indeed very vague, but if you look at the timing between dragons and halflings, then the next guestrace should come in september.
:) im not sad its not here yet, but i hope oktober then.

be carefull what you ask for, there are lots of things coming till end of the year i expect long events (autumn, winter) short events (halloween, second FA) and new guest race and we have only 3 and a half months left, then people will be overwhelmed with things to do

next guestrace can overlap with (big) events, in fact i remember always when a new guest race appears, a big event start very fast after it. Making the event a bigger challenge since theres not much room for AND guestraceproduction AND extra eventproduction.

Dony

King of Bugs
next guestrace can overlap with (big) events, in fact i remember always when a new guest race appears, a big event start very fast after it. Making the event a bigger challenge since theres not much room for AND guestraceproduction AND extra eventproduction.
exactly and i think halfling is the last "fast" guest race

Heymrdiedier

exactly and i think halfling is the last "fast" guest race
fast as in, you go through the techtree fast?
or fast as in, it comes fast after the guest race before it?

if you mean the first, then i dont think i agree. So far there seems to be always one slow tech race followed by afast tech race. Since halflings was fast, i indeed expect next one to be slow again. And the one after it fast again.
Coincidental or not, it feels like the slow guestraces are the one who get new house sizes...

DeletedUser1767

I'm of two minds on the new guest race: on the one hand, I kind of like having a break between chapters and wouldn't mind having some more time to upgrade my streets and AWs; on the other, I am insanely curious about what's coming next.

lika1961

Why is it that moderators on the .en server are discussing whether changes made to the Lighthouse will be adapted or not and we have not heard one word? Does communication here stop completely while Marindor is away?

DeletedUser1627

On live we are about to be hit with a new FA on Thursday ...... AGAIN! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm getting so sick and tired of this, what ever happened to listening to feedback :(

I was so excited when they show it on their facebook page. For me that was a new map with a lot of things possible... but now it is only nothing...

The rewards of the FA are ridiculous in comparison with the efforts needed to achieve the goals. It wasn't a good idea... it was the WORST idea of elvenar

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard There's another reason why you want to delay a new chapter. For the longest time you have refused to do the story quests on live, I saw you are still stuck on the Dwarves. But now you want to catch up. Maybe because of the diamonds at the end of a chapter?

Wish you the best of luck with that, but I don't see why you want to make all of us to wait for it :rolleyes:

Maybe you have a hard time reading, the fact that I am doing some of the dwarf quests for the diamonds has nothing to do with the reason I gave.
the reason is simple, I want time to breath between the races, som time to finish the streets, rearrange and build up your city.

I am now almost complete, the place that I am building the dwarf junk, is the place I would set several armories, something that can be finished in a few days since they upgrade really fast compared to the rest.
It's the same space I have reserved for the next race (aka break them down once it arrives)

so dont twist my words please, and looking at the likes on my post, you and vadhyrian opinion is the opinion of the minority.

Last edited:

Lissona

Another excellent example who thinks he is talking for the majority of Elvenar players (aka "the community"), because 6 persons liked his post...

CrazyWizard

Another excellent example who thinks he is talking for the majority of Elvenar players (aka "the community"), because 6 persons liked his post...

I think you missed the point, but the 6-1 likes sticks, if it's the majority of the game? who knows but it seems to be the majority of the readers in the post.
otherwise you would have seen more likes on the "we want a new race now" post doesn't it?

But feel free to approach 100 players in there end game (finished the research on the last chapter) and ask if they want the new race released tomorrow or prefer to have it delayed for a few weeks..
I know quite a few end game players and most of them actually like the time to reflect in between, tho this might change if the new race stays away for a while

The barrage of events and FA thrown at us, doesnt make us crave for a new race "yet", in fact quite a few players I know, including myself are already tired of the events and even FA. for us it comes to soon one after the other.

Lissona

I think you missed the point, ...
I don't miss any point. You said "whoever" represents the minority, because you have 6 likes (btw. without a dislike option). I don't doubt that some players like a break - but just because of some forum likes or people you know it isn't the majority you speak for.

And: I would really appreciate a new guest race. And I would really appreciate new events .
Events: If I don't like them or don't have time for them or for what ever reason I don't want to play them - I will not play them.
Guest race: if it is too fast until they arrive, I don't play them immediately. They don't go away. I will lose nothing if I start in several days/weeks/months...

Elvenar ist MY game, "I am the commander" - I am not the slave of Elvenar...

Heymrdiedier

i agree that some of the players who give feedback (without calling names) only complain, not once do they say something positive.
For me that just means i stopped considering their feedback as valid, and ofcourse id ont like their posts then.
There will always be complainers who complain, untill they quit. (And sometimes then they come back just to start complaining again).

For me its simple, this is a game i enjoy, and i dont want to make inno's agenda. Sometimes i think this guestraces come too fast, sometimes i think they take too long. If something takes longer, they so far always made sure other content is added to do in the meantime. Like a second FA starting? i dont know what some of you want, seems never happy.

And btw remember all that feedback that all the changes are about combat only, and this is a builder game? well i think all the recent changed reflect that feedback, but maybe too much now.

DeletedUser283

I DO NOT want a new guest race right now
I just completed the halflings, I have some rearrangements to make, a few buildings left to upgrade and many many roads to upgrade, so thanks but no, thanks, I do not wish a new guest race to come that soon;
in case you rushed through the chapter and are now at a standstill, well congratulations on your achievement, but I will feel no pity towards you :p

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Always nice coming back from vacation like this, I have missed you guys! :D Jokes aside, here is where we currently stand on this topic:

First of all of course we'd like to thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns. We are well aware of the points you've brought up and are monitoring the impact closely. As you might have already guessed, the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire are related to both the Ancient Wonder balancing and the upcoming improvements to the NH System. For those of you who have already played on our mobile app: You'll have a bit of an understanding about the way we want to go with Neighbourly Help and the time it takes. Because NH will take a lot less time in the (near) future, we will also have to consider balancing here so that's always a bit tricky. We want to help you make NH less boring and time consuming but this also means we can't keep giving tons of goods for something that will take almost no time anymore. The actual mechanic, when overused, is actually way too strong in comparison to the costs of these Ancient Wonders and will be even more so when the time to perform NH will be significantly reduced.

Also, it's important to try to look at this objectively. These changes have the biggest impact on our most active players because the players who did take the time to do NH for ages, had of course the most benefit from the amounts of goods this rewarded them with. Objectively though, most of our players (even amongst active players) do not perform a lot of NH and will in the new situation, have more goods with less efforts needed.

We want all of our players to perform Neighborly Help and many do not do it because they do not see the advantage of it. Having bigger and more accessible rewards will actually trigger more players to give Neighborly Help overall. So on a global scale, more help will be performed with this change despite the fact that our most active users will probably slow down on it. For the vast majority of players, this new system will offer more rewards (as most players mostly help their 24 fellowship members or less) and with less efforts. Bigger rewards requiring less efforts will make it attractive to more people to perform at least the amount of Neighborly Help they need to get these rewards.

We also strongly believe that the players giving a lot of Neighborly Help are not doing this only for the rewards and, indeed, it should not be the main reason to give Neighborly Help. The rewards are one incentive, the tools and coins you automatically get are another and the satisfaction of helping your in-game friends is the strongest and most important one for us. If the players who perform a lot of Neighborly help, do believe it’s overall not worth the effort, they can do less of it and spend the gained time into other aspects of the game too.

Hopefully we have been able to explain a bit more the reasoning behind these changes now. We know the changes can have quite an effect on very active players when they are used to perform hundreds of NH's per day but we will also have to keep in mind what would be best for the majority of our players. However we do take your feedback seriously and will keep monitoring the statistics about the effects these changes have for further optimization.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team