• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.39

Deleted User - 60152

Let's remember something that was said previously about why expansions cost so much and why they are slowing down the number offered and eventually the number of slots that will be available to fill - I can't remember the exact words - but essentially, they were concerned about cities getting too big because they were slow to load and made it hard for players with older systems.

So it is obvious they are are trying to find ways to limit the size of the city.
They made fighting extremely hard if you are outside the "goldilocks zone" thereby trying to stop over scouting and province clearing to gain expansions // the added the orc requirement at a specific ring - whether you were able to gain orcs for negotiating or not - slowing down the negotiators.

Then when they "rebalanced" the AWs - those of us who had been playing for a while and had overscouted felt they had given us a loyalty reward as those overscouted provinces gave us a bonus when we visited our neighbors in the form of goods from the CL. I know I had stopped scouting and clearing provinces prior to that and have gone back to scouting and clearing provinces because of this change - on the live server I get 280 goods per visit.

So I suspect the REAL reason is to once again stop the overscouting that is going on by players.

The only reason I visit outside my fellowship is for GOLD and GOODS.

DeletedUser2174

Some more information I have posted already in the past

I need to negotate 10 provinces more than 2.7 million of goods (different type) to gain a new expansion
Figthing is impossible and production troops takes to long
How can I produce the gigantic amount of goods?
The only way was to perform a lot of neighborly help with support of the Lighthouse

It looks like end of the game for advanced players

How far have you over scouted?

CrazyWizard

I do understand the nerf to this wonder. the way the excecuted that nerf on the other hand is ridicule, especially if you read there explanation which is a pure lie.

Lets start at the beginning, the wonder was hardly build and leveled because the gain in goods was originally way way way to little.
Then the new version came. this version gives us a lot of goods, so many to be precise that with my kinda insane production on my main account I still aquire 2x 3h full production a day from NH.

It's not hard to see that this created a imbalancing effect which is what they noticed.
I would have agreed on a nerf if the halved the rewards. that would have made sense. and I would still aquire an aditional 3h daily production, which is not OP but neither is it bad.
This is indeed icm the mobile version of NH an awesome way to promote NH, which is now totally gone.

Now about the grand big lie. i'll assumme the not the brightest chap on the block who calculated this. forgot to split out the data.
Most likely they just looked at all the NH done every day and then divided that by the brilliant number of players on the server (including the dead ones, or the ones without this wonder)
It then makes sense. because that could easily create a number like 32 visits on average a day. in that regard the message ain't a lie. but every active player who knows how the wonder works and uses it, especially when combined with the mobile version of NH. this wonder was pure gold. a 90+% drop is not a little less. it's massive.

Do not forget that these incentives are massivly important for the NH system in general.
If I look how people respond to NH, if I quit giving NH the amount of return slowly drops as well. once you start buffing all players again you also see the return rate rise again. so it's very important that the super active players are incented to do NH to as many players as possible, because this also activatates the other players as well to return the favour.

Without the active NH players the NH dies out again just as it did before the wonder change.
I get a lot of messages from players like, hey dud I now can buff you back as well I finally scouted towards your place.
Or thanks for the NH every day, unfortunatly I cant return it yet, but i'll work hard to get there.

Brummbaer

I can confirm this behavior, I try to support also small cities which are far away but active. They are not able to return this help but need this to grow up. I was rewarded with additional goods and this was fine for me too. Now it is only a part of loyality and real NH to spend time and do this. We all know that a lot of dead cities are around us and at the beginning you need all help you can get. Now I see a real reduction of help given to me or my fellowship members.

CrazyWizard

Stop doing secondary things: WE WANT A NEW GUEST RACE! :)

Sorry man, I really do not want a new guest race NOW and with me many more, we like the time to breath between the guest races to bring order to our cities instead of rushing from one race to the other. Oktober / November is time enough to release it on beta.

Unlike the past few races I am finally close to complete upgrading my streets to the latest version. something I simply was unable todo before because the races came to fast.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1627

Only 3 guest races that we are sure will be implemented in-game.
So I want to know what happen next!

DeletedUser1777

We have been told in our local forum today, the change of CL will be implemented as it is now in Beta.
Inno had a meeting about this subject today and decided to change / rollback nothing :(

Further we have been told, they are currently working on the browser NH to make it as it is in the App (or at least similar to it).

Jaxom

The changes regarding neighbor help will very simply push me to not help my neighbors. Why bother? I can get the 3 chests from helping the folks in my fellowship. Beyond that I do not need to get more coins. Most days I waste coins in the Wholesaler because I get too many of them.

The only time when it will make sense to do help is after I spend a ridiculous amount of coins on an upgrade or a tech, thereby depleting my treasury. But otherwise there just isn't going to be much reason to visit other than to visit the beautiful cities of players who I have been helping for a long time. So I will visit a few.

This change is horrible. I am already seeing fewer players visit me.

As for another chapter. It doesn't much matter to me. I will be shutting the game down for most of October and November while I take a long vacation. The lack of a mobile app in 99% of the world will thankfully keep me from seeing whatever the new race is. With luck I can complete Halflings just before I go! Only 3 more techs to complete.

Question - why did I take the time to write this? Innogames doesn't care what we think!

DeletedUser1527

all whining from NH abusers only...
this change is good, thank you!

DeletedUser1388

NH abusers
NH abusers... LOL...and LOL again... Why are you talking about abusers, when one of the game features is visiting the neighbors and getting reward for it? If this was wrongly designed, don't blame the players: players didn't request those AWs... players didn't request "analysis and re-balancing" those AWs... and now you blame players that they are using them.
Btw, from one point of view looks like this is the next in the row-of-changes which tries slowing advanced players - I have on my live server players who already reached 457 provinces are not getting expansions anymore due this limitation (see wiki/Expansions).
From another point of view, players fighting in tournaments would be even more favored by Inno - catering in tournaments is much more expensive than fighting.
(OFF: I suppose, owner of this change is the same cool person within Inno, who invented the few-minutes-boosters)

DeletedUser2174

From another point of view, players fighting in tournaments would be even more favored by Inno - catering in tournaments is much more expensive than fighting.
I tourny all the time. mainly caters. the cost went up at least 50% a few weeks back. I can not longer afford to do rounds 10+ 2 times for kp.