• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.35

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Sir Squirrel

Yeah I am really impressed with the new scout change, very easy to see what encounters to do next, someone is listening! Thank You.
I like that it comes up with a pop up that lets you see what it cost, whether its a good choice and that we have a choice to decline it now as well, Great job on that !!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't like the scout change at all.
You do realise that we now have to open every not-yet scouted province to find out what it wil cost and how long it will take to scout? :mad:

That means a lot more clicking. And hotkeys are not a priority (said in the last Q&A), because players don't now about it and therefore they don't want to spend time on it. :rolleyes:

And the warning: Really? They seriously wanted to go there .... AGAIN :rolleyes:
If you want your AWs to be effective, you better start overscouting, or else you get stuck in Sorcerer and especially with seeds in Halflings chapter :eek::oops:

Deleted User - 60107

I love the scout change. The ONLY bad thing is that now we need to click to see the cost. Everything else is better: Now we can see how long it will take BEFORE we start the scout (previously we could see the time only after the scout was sent), we can decline the scout (in case of a misclick), and we get a nice hint about difficulty (great for new players)

Dony

King of Bugs
And hotkeys are not a priority (said in the last Q&A), because players don't now about it and therefore they don't want to spend time on it.
there is nothing easier then to make new icon on the bottom right next to wiki icon which will open window with listing all shortcuts in the game, sometimes i wonder why some developers trying to tailor their game for people who dont even use common sense

Heymrdiedier

i like the extra click it takes to start (no more accidently start of scouting) and the fact that you can see how much it will take your scout beforehand (very handy to time in events).

i do not like that that the locked provinces are no longer greyed out. It takes me a bit longer now to find a province i can scout that isnt locked

Deleted User - 60107

You do know that you can just click on the province you want to scout to see how much it will cost, how long it will take, and the option to go to your current scout (if you have an active one), right?

DeletedUser1657

I am curious how they have determined the difficulty warning. Especially in terms of how this relates to those in chapters 1-3 where combat is unbalanced. The basis for calculation could be very misleading for someone in chapter 2. Do they get very hard on all provinces? if based on squad size or do they get easy? if based on provinces completed or some other formula?

If it is showing very hard for people starting those chapters will the initial combat situation eventually be fixed if even game calculations show it is unbalanced?

Deleted User - 60152

I haven't played with the new scout system - but based on the comments here - it would have been nice to have left the locked provinces greyed out and to still have the cost on mouse over. I've changed my scouting in my live city and am working in a circle to stay within the same relative cost each time. Since I'm overscouted I will get the very hard warning on all of them so that doesn't affect me - but will be great for newer players.

Elderflower

I like the feature of the new scouting system which allows you to change your mind in case of accidentally clicking on a province. This was more likely to happen on the mobile version so it is good that we have it in both.
The mobile version still has the cost visible on the map which is better for comparing the cost of all the medium difficulty provinces without having to click on each one in order to compare the costs.

DeletedUser283

I do not understand why a ring 14 province is labelled "very hard" and the one just next ot it is labelled "medium";
the devs must give us clearer explanations about how these indicators are generated, because it looks more than random for the time being.

DeletedUser1657

I do not understand why a ring 14 province is labelled "very hard" and the one just next ot it is labelled "medium";
the devs must give us clearer explanations about how these indicators are generated, because it looks more than random for the time being.

If the 2 provinces you refer to are in the same ring that makes me think it may be using squad size as a comparison. It is possible for 2 provinces in the same ring to be very different in difficulty if you unlocked a scout tech between scouting them. Whether or not that is the case in your example would be interesting.

DeletedUser283

I might indeed have posted my previous message under the surprise about the "very hard" province :)
come to think of it, I have scouted this province ages ago, I was completing ring 12, then I found out that a neighbour from before we were moved was very close, so I conquered a province in ring 13 and scouted the next one in ring 14 to discover the city;
It was .... well it was a long time ago, so this might explain the astronomical ennemy squad size :)

Deleted User - 60107

@Marindor:
How is the difficulty of provinces (Very Easy/Easy/Hard/Very Hard) determined? Is it affected by my squad size and techs I have researched?

The reason I am asking is this:
On Felyndral (the new world on the EN server) I have completed 44/50 provicnes, so I need 6 more to open the chest for next chapter. ALL provinces I have left on the world map are marked as Hard or Very Hard - both the ones I have scouted and the ones I can scout. Here are a couple of screenshots:
ProvincesHard1a.png
ProvincesHard2a.png
Hard provinces have scouting cost 48'000 Coins and scouting time 1 hour 30 minutes. Very Hard provinces have scouting cost 89'000 Coins and scouting time 2 hours 31 minutes. My current squad size is 114 and I have two combat techs left: Crossbowman Promotion and Squad Size upgrade 9 (which will bring my squad size to 141). As for enemy squad size... let me give you a couple of examples:
EnemySquad1.png
Magic Dust province, 5 on 5, enemy squad size is 139.

EnemySquad2.png
Planks province, 5 on 5, enemy squad size is 141.

Enemy squads in future provinces will be even bigger. That makes combat seem rather unbalanced at this point in time.

Dony

King of Bugs
i believe it is ratio between your squad size and enemy squad size as was proposed by community on this forum (ideas and suggestions)

Marindor

Yes, it is a combination of factors. On one side we have your own Squad Size upgrades which have a pretty big impact (the bigger your squads, the easier the fights for you) and on the other side we have the Advanced Scouts technologies, which reduce the price for scouting provinces. Enemy squads are based on the price you paid for scouting that province, so the lower that price, the weaker the enemy squads will be. Once a province has been scouted, the enemy setup has been determined and will not change anymore. This can indeed mean that you have scouted certain X distance provinces "too early" and therefore have to face larger enemy squads in there now. For now, I'd recommend unlocking that Squad Size upgrade tech, so fights will become easier in these provinces.