• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.27

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version, including the first Ancient Wonder rebalancing here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser

Next time let us know up front instead of lettings us think there is a new bug with the AW's GA and ToS. :(

Can you give us the exact percentages ?

Marindor

As explained a while back when we introduced the daily updates on Beta: With this new process, it's no longer possible for us to give Release Notes up front, but we will do our best to post them as soon as we can after each game update. We will try to prepare you for big changes like the Ancient Wonder rebalancing up front in different ways though. This one e.g. was covered in our last InnoGames TV episode and we have talked about it on the forums lately as well, but we will also try to use our Release Notes threads for upcoming changes in the future (like the way we now announced the other AW rebalancing you can expect in the upcoming weeks in today's Release Notes).

About your other question: We're currently working on making the specifics available ingame and strive to implement this in the upcoming weeks.

Dony

King of Bugs
i must say golden abbys (population) is against your ideology and should scale with main hall and not working population, thats is completly retarded

DeletedUser

And still no fix of the NH bug on culture :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yesterday my Golden Abyss lvl 2 gave 300 population, Now it's 239!
And upgrade to lvl 3 would only give me 273 population, instead of 410
You can't seriously mean for this to happen. We were promised the AW would be more benefical, not hurtingly less.
We've been struggling with less space because of the GL zone in scouting. We've been told we could do with less factories to save space. And now our GA will give us less population because we listened and have less working population. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And No, I can't upgrade any buildings, because I have no goods anymore. :mad:
All this rebalancing makes the game less and less attractive. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Heymrdiedier

from the game files:

abyss population: % of working population
1:"0.0225"
2:"0.02625"
3:"0.03"
4:"0.03375"
5:"0.0375"
6:"0.045"
7:"0.04875"
8:"0.0525"
9:"0.05625"
10:"0.06"
11:"0.0675"
12:"0.07125"
13:"0.075"
14:"0.07875"
15:"0.0825"
16:"0.09"
17:"0.09375"
18:"0.0975"
19:"0.10125"
20:"0.105"
21:"0.1125"
22:"0.11625"
23:"0.12"
24:"0.12375"
25:"0.1275"
26:"0.135"
27:"0.13875"
28:"0.1425"
29:"0.14625"
30:"0.15

Abyss coinproduction: % of your main hall coin capacity
1:"0.0075"
2:"0.00875"
3:"0.01"
4:"0.01125"
5:"0.0125"
6:"0.015"
7:"0.01625"
8:"0.0175"
9:"0.01875"
10:"0.02"
11:"0.0225"
12:"0.02375"
13:"0.025"
14:"0.02625"
15:"0.0275"
16:"0.03"
17:"0.03125"
18:"0.0325"
19:"0.03375"
20:"0.035"
21:"0.0375"
22:"0.03875"
23:"0.04"
24:"0.04125"
25:"0.0425"
26:"0.045"
27:"0.04625"
28:"0.0475"
29:"0.04875"
30:"0.05"

Soon to be found on elvenarchitect or crazywizard.info anyway :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1877

Indeed, you have set small players back incredibly far with this move. In order to make up for the population I lost, I now have to scout and clear provinces even farther out to get expansions to build MORE residences.

Actually, my level 3 not-so Golden Abyss now provides LESS population than a single residence which uses less land than it does.

So, I ask you, why even have the stupid thing now?

Yes, I am hot about this, try as I might, I see nothing good in it.

Heymrdiedier

i must say golden abbys (population) is against your ideology and should scale with main hall and not working population, thats is completly retarded
i actually like this being from working population. If you upgrade a factory you use more working population and so you get a bit more from you abyss again. Those extras from the abyss you could then use again to upgrade something else and have even more working population... repeat

interesting dynamics. This also means if you trash a factory to make some room , you will loose more population then the factory only.
I guess it is good news for diamond players aswell, they magical houses gives them a bigger advantage then the non diamond players :)

Heymrdiedier

Yesterday my Golden Abyss lvl 2 gave 300 population, Now it's 239!
And upgrade to lvl 3 would only give me 273 population, instead of 410
You can't seriously mean for this to happen. We were promised the AW would be more benefical, not hurtingly less.

Indeed, you have set small players back incredibly far with this move. In order to make up for the population I lost, I now have to scout and clear provinces even farther out to get expansions to build MORE residences.

Actually, my level 3 not-so Golden Abyss now provides LESS population than a single residence which uses less land than it does.

Not that this help you with your frustrations, but when i was your level, there wasnt even a golden abyss in the game. We had to do it with only residences. And we all managed fine.
For me this doesn't seem like such a big issue as you guys make it out to be. In the end when you grow you will end up with a lot more population then you could before the change.
In fact if they would change it to make you happy i guess it would end up being less beneficial for higher level players. so id rather have them leave it like this.

The point is to grow in this game so if it doesnt help you enough now, it will help you more later.

Marindor

Hi guys!

Thanks for your feedback so far. What is important to understand, is that with the new AW balance, you can influence the bonus outcome yourself in 2 ways now: Not only by the level of the AW (as it was before) but also by changing the things that the bonuses are based upon (like indeed changing your working population or changing your Main Hall level in these cases). Please consider this in your feedback as well :)

DeletedUser

Not that this help you with your frustrations, but when i was your level, there wasnt even a golden abyss in the game. We had to do it with only residences. And we all managed fine..

Yes, in the good old days, we could also scout as far as we wanted and still win the confrontations. Gaining a lot a expansions, and therefore room to build a lot of factories and workshops and still have enough room to place many cultural buildings

Heymrdiedier

Yes, in the good old days, we could also scout as far as we wanted and still win the confrontations. Gaining a lot a expansions, and therefore room to build a lot of factories and workshops and still have enough room to place many cultural buildings
very good point :)

DeletedUser1877

I can see where down the road, these will be nice. the point is that RIGHT NOW, the smallest players have just taken a major hit. For a player in chapter 4, the GA is less valuable than a residence which is actually smaller in size. We were forced to research them in chapter 2, encouraged to build them, and have devoted considerable time, resources, and KP to them. We designed our cities around them and their benefits.. All that is now wiped out.

At what magic point does it become of value?

Yeah, I know, building a new manufactory, and upgrading it gives me a little more pop bonus (TWO). yet a level 1 residence would be cheaper and more effective for pop.

For me this doesn't seem like such a big issue as you guys make it out to be. In the end when you grow you will end up with a lot more population then you could before the change.
I recognize that those who are now the largest players started without AWs, and that's fine. And those AWs now are exceeding good at their level. But, those of us who have been trying to keep population vs manufacturing, vs troop facilities balanced have been set back and will be weeks recovering the loss.

Deleted User - 60107

The GA will likely be better for late game players (Orcs and beyond, maybe some earlier players). But for small players (Dwarves and earlier) it is much worse than before. Did you guys forget that not everyone is a late-game player?

This is especially bad for players like me, that try to have high Culture bonus. Sure, we could all forget about Culture bonus and isntead build more residences and Workshops, but then the spell that increases Culture bonus becomes even less useful than it is (and it is already not a very popular spell) and we will need more Culture buildings, only we lack the space to place them...

If the goal of this update was to make late game players happy while screwing over the small players - mission accomplished.

EDIT: So Culture bonus no longer affects the GA. One less reason to have a Culture bonus at all (a small reason, but a reason none-the-less).

DeletedUser

The GA will likely be better for late game players (Orcs and beyond, maybe some earlier players). But for small players (Dwarves and earlier) it is much worse than before. Did you guys forget that not everyone is a late-game player?

This is especially bad for players like me, that try to have high Culture bonus. Sure, we could all forget about Culture bonus and isntead build more residences and Workshops, but then the spell that increases Culture bonus becomes even less useful than it is (and it is already not a very popular spell) and we will need more Culture buildings, only we lack the space to place them...

If the goal of this update was to make late game players happy while screwing over the small players - mission accomplished.

EDIT: So Culture bonus no longer affects the GA. One less reason to have a Culture bonus at all (a small reason, but a reason none-the-less).

I think the mid-range players will be hurt the most (Chapter 3 - Dwarves). New players won't notice the difference, mainly because they don't have AW yet.
Players in the last chapters (Fairy - Sorcerers) are going to have a blast. Based on the calculations posted here, I will have a population gain of 3500 (with GA lvl 10) in my Dutch sorcerer city. That's wonderful for me there, but it won't help me here. It's just another reason for me to no longer continue on the beta-site :(