• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.152

DeletedUser4055

Not really, they’ll be another quest for that high amount of them again later. Apparently, the quest designers thought this was rise of cultures and elvenar where each upgrade makes building bigger. I pity the human cities that’ll have manage that high amount with upgrading to advanced residences, I think I’ve removed 8 or so residences when doing that upgrade as a human do to space at least I got the high pop from the buildings to pull it off.

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
Wait.. You can't delete residences or workshops? Seriously?

Hi all. Just to be clear here, so there isn't any more confusion, you can sell Residence and Workshop buildings, any time.
There are indeed quests that ask for "X" amount of workshops or residences in your town, as this is to help guide a player through each chapter, with the new changes in mind. You can always sell and re-build, as needed.
The amounts may have changed, but there have always been those quests to have a certain amount of buildings in your town, with story-line quests.
This is all part of the new changes, so please do share your feedback here. We just don't want any confusion in regards to what can and can't be done. Thanks! :)

DeletedUser3726

Hi all. Just to be clear here, so there isn't any more confusion, you can sell Residence and Workshop buildings, any time.
There are indeed quests that ask for "X" amount of workshops or residences in your town, as this is to help guide a player through each chapter, with the new changes in mind. You can always sell and re-build, as needed.
They amounts may have changed, but there have always been those quests to have a certain amount of buildings in your town, with story-line quests.
This is all part of the new changes, so please do share your feedback here. We just don't want any confusion in regards to what can and can't be done. Thanks! :)
Thank you so much for clarifying!

DeletedUser4055

The storyline quests that required ‘X’ amounts of residences and workshops only occurred in chapter 1 prior to this new tech tree. This isn’t Rise of Cultures where if you need to sell and rebuild a building your starting at lowest available level for the chapter you are in your starting everything at level 1.

I don’t get why the developers built needing ‘X’ of residences and workshops into the quest line beyond chapter 1 it’s not needed. Your going to add residences in chapter and decrease that amount in chapter 3 when the next upgrade is unlocked and your going add more when upgrading your other factories. I don’t think we need the game to tell how man residences or workshops to have. Has long as the ‘X’ residences are required beyond chapter 1 I don’t think deleting them will be anyone best interest.

My quest line for chapter 2 was bugged so I don’t know how many teleport spells we get from it.

Enevhar Aldarion

I don’t get why the developers built needing ‘X’ of residences and workshops into the quest line beyond chapter 1 it’s not needed. Your going to add residences in chapter and decrease that amount in chapter 3 when the next upgrade is unlocked and your going add more when upgrading your other factories. I don’t think we need the game to tell how man residences or workshops to have. Has long as the ‘X’ residences are required beyond chapter 1 I don’t think deleting them will be anyone best interest.

Every chapter has quests that require a certain number of residences or workshops built, even all the way at the current end in chapter 19.

Enevhar Aldarion

My quest line for chapter 2 was bugged so I don’t know how many teleport spells we get from it.

As for this, there is a quest that awards you 2 teleports, followed by a quest that requires you to use those 2, and then rewards you with 3 teleports. And then there are two more quests later in the chapter that reward 2 more teleports each. My test city is currently early in chapter 3 and I have 4 teleports in my inventory and I have used another 2 when not required by a quest.

DeletedUser4055

I’ve tried rolling into a new city with the new tech tree to see how the quests are since I hit the most bugged version of it. I just been unable too. This is turning me off of the new tech tree.

DeletedUser4055

Every chapter has quests that require a certain number of residences or workshops built, even all the way at the current end in chapter 19.
The only residences or workshop specific quests I’ve seen above chapter 1 have been the upgrade 1or 2 to a specific level those I generally have to skip due already upgrading them to max level by the time I reach those quests. Who wants to build the exact same city as everyone else?

DeletedUser4056

I just completed a declinable quest in the new chapter 2 tech to have a certain amount of residences. You get 50 diamonds if you complete it...so a simple adding in a couple of level 1 residences to complete the quest, gain the diamonds and move along was all that was needed. Level 1's were deleted once completed. I'm actually enjoying the new tech tree. I know Beta is where things are just starting out and bugs will happen...so no big deal.
I think it's helpful to new players to see what is needed. Easier to learn what needs to be done without the rush or pressure to do other things in the game yet.

Lovec Krys

@Kayelessa One good thing about Elvenar is that, unlike in Rise of Cultures, you can finish a chapter without completing a single quest.
The mandatory quests in Rise of Cultures was a stopper for me and the reason i played the game only to the end of Bronze age - to advance to next era i had to build another building which i didn't need and didn't have space for and couldn't get another without stronger units from next chapter => that was the end for me, so i uninstalled the game.
With such strict design there is actualy no need for you to design your city layout, the devs could just place the buildings automaticaly for you in that game.

DeletedUser4055

Making the barracks not able to be declined until you reach the next chapter is somewhat of an hindrance to having more gold and supplies to complete research and provinces. There are a bunch of quests I can do but can’t get at til later. Sure, I have crafting unlock but no real way to gain spell fragments until chapter 5 so I can’t craft myself coin and supply rains like I normally would when I run into that problem.

Arthus

Still nothing on chapter 20, if trend continues we will have 1 chapter per year or even less...
Worrying is that 2022 will probably be 1st year since launch (7 years ago) of the game with just 1 chapter released.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Arthus
Well, no wonder:

From top 50 players in beta:
26 have finished ch19
2 have unfinished ch19 with no FS, possibly quit
2 are in ch18
1 is at the begining of ch19
19 players in top 50 have unfinished ch19 (38%).

From top 50 players in my main live server:
34 have finished ch19
2 are in ch18
14 have unfinished ch19 (28%).

Quite a lot of top players still not finished with the chapter. Maybe in one or two months those numbers will be better.

Enevhar Aldarion

Rankings are not a real factor. I have finished chapter 19 in my Live city, but I was not even in the top 200 on my server when I finished.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Same here, on life (NL1) I am at place 131 and finished ch19 in march, same with 2 other members of the same FS I am in.
If not enough players here in beta are playing in chapter 18 or 19 it will be a hell of a time to get it finished due to the requirements.

Enevhar Aldarion

Worrying is that 2022 will probably be 1st year since launch (7 years ago) of the game with just 1 chapter released.

I posted in the above thread a list of all the Live server release dates for the chapters, and once we got to chapter 12, the time between chapter releases varied between 6 and 8 months. Looking at the Beta release date for chapter 19, we are still a week away from it being 6 months. And because of all the recent bugs and glitches the game has been having, I am thinking that will push back the release of chapter 20 until the beginning of June. That would still leave enough time for chapter 21 to be released in Dec and still have 2 chapters in one year.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion I have just picked up a comparable sample of players. I could have as well chosen top 100, players between 100 and 200 or top 500 players (but that would be more work and probably not better result (probably even less % of players who have finished ch19).

My point is, that there is a lot of players who have still not finished the ch19.

Yes, those who run 15+/20+ Breeding grounds have all finished.

But many of those who run 10+-2 are still unfinished (many near the end, but as we all know, the end of tech tree is 1-2 weeks per research (depending on research and number of Breeding grounds (for those with less Breeding grounds it might be even longer))

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Yes, those who run 15+/20+ Breeding grounds have all finished.

But many of those who run 10+-2 are still unfinished (many near the end, but as we all know, the end of tech tree is 1-2 weeks per research (depending on research and number of Breeding grounds (for those with less Breeding grounds it might be even longer))

I only had 10 Breeding Facilities.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion And many others with also 10 Breeding grounds are still unfinished.
That's the point. The devs designed last chapter to be longer so many players are still unfinished and the pause between chapters is also longer.
And it doesn't matter how many times some players write about next chapter. The devs will add new chapter when they plan it (or delay it until enough players finish ch19).

Bor de Wolf 1965

With 10 breeding facilities and the smart use of the 5h boost from the spire, it became easy to do it.
But I will admit I have a lot of time to waist.
And a traider guild at level 26+ helps to with this chapter.