• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release notes version 1.151

DeletedUser4055

I don’t know how anyone can setup a catering city with the new tech tree each chapter quest line requires a barracks upgrade. You can only skip the upgrade once the first research of the next chapter is done. Speaking of the quests majority of the rewards are things that could’ve been obtain from having access to the spire or tournaments. The trade off with the rewards is now there is hardly any rewards giving gold and supplies, we don’t have enough neighbors to compensate.

Heymrdiedier

I don’t know how anyone can setup a catering city with the new tech tree each chapter quest line requires a barracks upgrade. You can only skip the upgrade once the first research of the next chapter is done. Speaking of the quests majority of the rewards are things that could’ve been obtain from having access to the spire or tournaments. The trade off with the rewards is now there is hardly any rewards giving gold and supplies, we don’t have enough neighbors to compensate.
I'm not sure what your point is with your post, but I'd like to pitch in anyway:
you needed to do the exact same for the quest 'build a barracks' before they changed the tech tree?

Bor de Wolf 1965

The problem is, as Kayelessa pointed out, before you had a choice to decline to build the Barracks quest, Now you don't have that option until you complete the chapter.

It would be nice to give the players an option at the beginning to select one of to quest lines.
line 1: you build all military buildings and become a fighter.
line 2: there is more focus on making and trading goods and you become a pacifist.

With both lines you get some advice to build the right wonders for your kind of game and you get an explenation WHY you need to build the armory (ch8 orcs)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4055

I'm not sure what your point is with your post, but I'd like to pitch in anyway:
you needed to do the exact same for the quest 'build a barracks' before they changed the tech tree?
It’s not the chapter 1 quest I’m talking up but every single ‘upgrade’ the barracks quests those are no longer able to be declined until you reach the next chapter.

@Karvest yup every chapter now has non declinable upgrade barracks quests.

Tomtimmon

Can't do the tournemant until you reasearch it in chapter 4? Tournaments are the best thing you can do to help grow a new city!!!! INNO STIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enevhar Aldarion

It’s not the chapter 1 quest I’m talking up but every single ‘upgrade’ the barracks quests those are no longer able to be declined until you reach the next chapter.

@Karvest yup every chapter now has non declinable upgrade barracks quests.

Not sure what chapter you are in, but here is a quest early in chapter 4 for the test cities that I just got yesterday in my new city.

Screenshot (95).png

Last edited:

DeletedUser4055

@Enevhar Aldarion I’m not yet mid way through chapter 4 just unlocked the next upgrade set for my tier 1 goods.

Is it just my imagination or is the quests requiring expansions coming way too soon in the chapters. I got a new test tree city yesterday and was hit by needing another expansion down right after I got into chapter 2. Need my quests with gold and supplies, brand new players aren’t gonna realize culture needs to kept up higher to compensate for the rewards that are only worthwhile for veteran players at this stage.

maxiqbert

So i started a new city. Guess what?
I'm stuck in chapter one.
The tech tree is bugged, I cannot research beyond the trader.
Finally I'm able to play tournament. it took me a month!
and still no spire, and still no cycling quests!
not a lot of fun, if you ask me

King Luckybaby

The problem is, as Kayelessa pointed out, before you had a choice to decline to build the Barracks quest, Now you don't have that option until you complete the chapter.

It would be nice to give the players an option at the beginning to select one of to quest lines.
line 1: you build all military buildings and become a fighter.
line 2: there is more focus on making and trading goods and you become a pacifist.

With both lines you get some advice to build the right wonders for your kind of game and you get an explenation WHY you need to build the armory (ch8 orcs)

WHY you need to build the armory

You do not need to build the armory !!!
Build Orc Nest !!!

Armory needs culture + Population (Residence)
Armory needs supplies to build orcs

You need a lot of space !!!

Same space .....
Orc nest is the better choise ;)

Bor de Wolf 1965

Just looking at the numbers for a chapter 19 orc nest and a maxed out armory.
2x armory= 5x10 space
5x orc nest = 4x10 space
orc production orc nest = 1600 in 24h, so 5x1600=8000 orcs every 24h
orc production in armory = 2700 in 12h so 2x2700x2=10800 in 24h
so I get 2800 orcs more every 24h
but you would be right if you say: "the orc nest would be the NEXT best choice in orc production for players that don't want to fight."

And to make it easier for the selection what to do.
Yes you get culture with the orc nest but you need to get them from the magic academy and that is luck for when they are on and if you have enough combination crystals and spell fragments. but you need royal restorations to upgrade them or you need to replace them every chapter.
Yes it takes culture and population but you can upgrade them any chapter for only coins, hammers and later on seeds and some extra factory goods. But you get more free spiritual goods if you would place the pyramid of purification, but I don't think you would place that wonder as well.

Karvest

You forgot to count space required for pop and culture occupied by these armories.
2 armories require premium residence to cover their pop (+24 cells) + a lot of culture.
Actually you can build 10 orc nests instead of your 2 armories, and get much more orcs.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Also. Roads have been left out of the calculation. The orc nests will require 9 more road squares than 1 armory. The right roads will give culture, but do cost to purchase.

Karvest

Anyway orc nests are better orcs/cell producers than armories if you count all the space and don't need training size.

Prueba2

Just looking at the numbers for a chapter 19 orc nest and a maxed out armory.
2x armory= 5x10 space
5x orc nest = 4x10 space
orc production orc nest = 1600 in 24h, so 5x1600=8000 orcs every 24h
orc production in armory = 2700 in 12h so 2x2700x2=10800 in 24h
so I get 2800 orcs more every 24h
but you would be right if you say: "the orc nest would be the NEXT best choice in orc production for players that don't want to fight."
In chapter 8 (Orcs)
Max level Armory (23) 5x5 360 orc/12h => 1.20 orcs / (h · square)
Max level Armory (23) 5x5 520 orc/24h => 0.86 orcs / (h · square)
Orc Nest (Orc) 4x2 400 orcs / 24h => 2.08 orcs / (h · square) +73% than armories (producing 12h) without taking into account population, culture or tools...

EDIT: If I messed some number, please, just let me know to amend it. Thanks

EDIT2:
In chapter 19 (Exile)
Max level Armory (41) 5x5 2700 orc/12h => 9.00 orcs / (h · square)
Max level Armory (41) 5x5 4000 orc/24h => 6.66 orcs / (h · square)
Orc Nest (Exile) 4x2 1600 orcs / 24h => 8.33 orcs / (h · square) -7% than armories (producing 12h) without taking into account population, culture or tools...

In chapter 18 (TeamSpirit)
Max level Armory (40) 5x5 2100 orc/12h => 7.00 orcs / (h · square)
Max level Armory (40) 5x5 3100 orc/24h => 5.16 orcs / (h · square)
Orc Nest (TeamSpirit) 4x2 1280 orcs / 24h => 6.66 orcs / (h · square) -4.8% than armories (producing 12h) without taking into account population, culture or tools...

In chapter 17 (Unur)
Max level Armory (39) 4x7 1880 orc/12h => 5.59 orcs / (h · square)
Max level Armory (39) 4x7 2800 orc/24h => 4.16 orcs / (h · square)
Orc Nest (Unur) 4x2 1080 orcs / 24h => 5.62 orcs / (h · square) +0.5% than armories (producing 12h) without taking into account population, culture or tools...

Last edited:

maxiqbert

about these calculations for armouries vs orc nests, I think it's worth remembering you get orc nests right after entering chapter 8, while you need a few more researches and builds to have orc building armouries.
And IMHO, the crafting option is quite frequent.

So the real question is : do you need the training size or not?
If you do, armouries are what you need.
If you don't, well, orc nests are better.

There may be another factor, though : are you playing the score? because orc nest give 0 points, while armouries are top scorers.

King Luckybaby

Actually – this is about ....... Release notes version 1.151

But ….
Yes – the ranking
I'm not interested in that

I am in the chapter of the Embassies
In my city
There is no big workshop – many level 1– for events or Fellowship Adventures
There is no residence
There is – almost – no manufactory – only for Sentient Goods
Many level 1 manufactories for events – Fellowship Adventures

I know – later – Chapter of the Team Spirit – I need these buildings
But not now !!!
It is still a long way and – I have a lot of Magical Workshops/Residence and manufactories in my Spells Inventory

So - I have very few RANKING-POINTS
BUT – what I have in my city – gives me everything I need

Evo- and set buildings + event buildings
I get goods – without tools
I get warriors – without tools

I have a lot of space for –
Some orc nest
Some Training Dojo
Some Desert Watchtower
Some Voice of the Prophet
Some, some, some …..

The armories