• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release notes version 1.151

Tomtimmon

HEY! If you wanted to make it easier for new cities why do you slow down spire and tourney participation? And what is this supposed ersearch for Fellowship Adventuers? KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. Chapter One: Lower all KP and Coin/Tool/Good requirements by 50%, Chapter Two: 40%. Chapter Three: 30%. Chapter Four: 20%. Chapter Five: 10%. Blow thru the chapters and get to the fun stuff (guest races)!!!!

DeletedUser3955

HEY! If you wanted to make it easier for new cities why do you slow down spire and tourney participation? And what is this supposed ersearch for Fellowship Adventuers? KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. Chapter One: Lower all KP and Coin/Tool/Good requirements by 50%, Chapter Two: 40%. Chapter Three: 30%. Chapter Four: 20%. Chapter Five: 10%. Blow thru the chapters and get to the fun stuff (guest races)!!!!
What tells you that it was slown down? You get faster to chapter 5 now then to chapter 3 before.

DeletedUser3726

It was designed to speed up starting chapters with storyline that guides newbies and gives them a basic knowledge about the game and not to make their gameplay worse.
And yet there is no tutorial/training on fighting. The learning curve for fighting is actually a cliff.

DeletedUser3726

good question
it offers meaningful changes though. It's more 'follow this path" and less "total freedom".
But is the path proposed the right one?
I was thinking the same thing. The new research tree seems like food stamps for the poor rather than an attempt to' teach a man to fish'.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

My question then is if the new research tree offers no meaningful changes why do it?
There are plenty of benefits, for one the pace of the game at start improves, this makes it easier to hook new players.
It not just redesigning the tree to improve the pacing, it's also redesiging the questline. to introduce the game and to make it all work.\

About 2 years ago the did a little version of this redesign, it only involved I think chapter 1, maybe chapter 2.
I just noticed when I made a new account the flow was better, and the quest made so much sense and was so much better. you got a few timeboosters to help and introduce the magic academy, you got some goods just when you needed them ect.

This in essence is what they learned from that redesign and applied this to all 5 chapters. not just the first 5 hours of gameplay.

Moncsociusz

I guess it could be connected to a possible new feature to the MA as well.

It's spoilered in the something rustles in the grass thread.

Heymrdiedier

My question then is if the new research tree offers no meaningful changes why do it?
I think its very logical, they have developed so many chapters already, it will take a new player years before they can reach the new stuff. So why not help them get their faster. Portal profits was a good way to do that, but you need to get past chapter 5 before you can even use those, so hurrying those up as well makes total sense to me.

It also makes sense to me that in a few chapters, they will also speed up the chapters that they made deliberately slow.

Tomtimmon

What tells you that it was slown down? You get faster to chapter 5 now then to chapter 3 before.
Well it hasn improved much as of yet. I started a new city and the only changes I noticed were in chapter one. Of course changing the tech tree is probably a big deal and will be done in stages. Then again INNO has a thing for fixing stuff that ain´t broke. Take the tourney. Making it one encounter per province and keeping the troop/catering usage about the same was a good thing. But then the went and increased the encounter difficulty to be more like the spire. It was´t broke. Why fix it!?!

Bor de Wolf 1965

Well, to be honest, the tournament was broken in an other way as to what you would expect.
The old tournament had some fixed troops that showed up every fight so you could produce the right troops for every tournament.
If you did it right you could walk up to province 30 or 40 minimum loses.
And that way the top tournament players wend up to the maximum provinces that they have unlocked.
It wasn't a challenge at all for them and not for me while I was going trough the chapters.

Now, I miss the easy tournaments and I won't go beyond province 20 or I need to have a lot of buffs running.
It also prevents a lot of fellowships for always hitting the 20 boxes every week or at least makes it a little bit more difficult.
So, maybe not broken in your eyes but it needed to be spiced up.
And yes the difficulty ladder of the tournament is not a straight line but more like a curve and that is what most people don't like.

Karvest

I don't mind the difficulty curve that prevents you from fighting high provinces without buffs, as it is the same for everybody.
What is broken - the costs curve, which makes tournament/spire performance worse and worse as you progress past ch15/place expansions for events or FA/advance non-military AWs...

DeletedUser3726

I think its very logical, they have developed so many chapters already, it will take a new player years before they can reach the new stuff. So why not help them get their faster. Portal profits was a good way to do that, but you need to get past chapter 5 before you can even use those, so hurrying those up as well makes total sense to me.

It also makes sense to me that in a few chapters, they will also speed up the chapters that they made deliberately slow.
The changes won't help players advance through the game beyond ch 5 any faster than before. In fact, I believe it will slow them down. If a player reaches ch 5 faster, then they have done less tournaments, earned less rewards, produced less resources, completed less events, levelled less AW etc. I cannot imagine beginning guest races with less resources and considering these changes successful. Whatever Inno's motivation for these changes I highly doubt it is for the benefit of new players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

The changes won't help players advance through the game beyond ch 5 any faster than before. In fact, I believe it will slow them down. If a player reaches ch 5 faster, then they have done less tournaments, earned less rewards, produced less resources, completed less events, levelled less AW etc. I cannot imagine beginning guest races with less resources and considering these changes successful. Whatever Inno's motivation for these changes I highly doubt it is for the benefit of new players.
I'm not sure why you think that. As soon as you reach dwarves, you need to focus on your guest race production for the first time. so what you have saved isnt that much of an influence as you try to imply here. (the guest race buildings only need hammers and coins).

they might have done less tournament, less events etc, but when the game started all those years ago, those werent around yet either? It didnt slow us down at all back then either.

DeletedUser4055

I'm not sure why you think that. As soon as you reach dwarves, you need to focus on your guest race production for the first time. so what you have saved isnt that much of an influence as you try to imply here. (the guest race buildings only need hammers and coins).

they might have done less tournament, less events etc, but when the game started all those years ago, those werent around yet either? It didnt slow us down at all back then either.
Last time I checked you needed both your regular goods and guest race goods to complete research.

maxiqbert

So I tried a new city. Without an easy way to make money, it's been a real drag. I'm slowly moving through chapter 3, and it's really tedious.

DeletedUser4055

It’s not has people think it’s very slow and tedious all the quests are time consuming and they give more rewards that aren’t gold or supplies. With no rains it’s very slow going for small cities now.

Maillie

I also tried a new city. I ran into a bottleneck with supplies. I went to upgrade and needed population. I went to upgrade houses and needed supplies. I kept doing the beverages over and over until I could get enough supplies to upgrade a house. Will a new player be that dedicated? Doubtful. I was not "instantly" poofed into Chapter 2 by any means. Also the wait time between tournament rounds is pretty silly. Very long when you only have one or two provinces available.

Enevhar Aldarion

I also tried a new city. I ran into a bottleneck with supplies. I went to upgrade and needed population. I went to upgrade houses and needed supplies. I kept doing the beverages over and over until I could get enough supplies to upgrade a house. Will a new player be that dedicated? Doubtful. I was not "instantly" poofed into Chapter 2 by any means. Also the wait time between tournament rounds is pretty silly. Very long when you only have one or two provinces available.

Did you even get the new tech tree when you tried your city? Because you cannot do the tournament at all until you complete the research for it in chapter 4.