• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release notes version 1.151

Enevhar Aldarion

I will try a new city, to see if it's workable or not
If I (knowing the game) can't make it to tourney and spire in a few weeks, I will be a definitive no-no for new players in our fellowship, as it will in many others

I started a new city about 13 hours ago and finished all the chapter 1 research in about 10 hours. I think I still have a couple of chapter 1 quests to do and need to complete chapter 2 advanced scouts to officially finish chapter 1 in a single day.

CrazyWizard

I will try a new city, to see if it's workable or not
If I (knowing the game) can't make it to tourney and spire in a few weeks, I will be a definitive no-no for new players in our fellowship, as it will in many others
edit for @CrazyWizard new players in good fellowships get resources unlimited, making the tourney mostly free
Yeah but thats not the standard, 99% of the players end up in a crappy FS anyway, or just bad together as "noobs" only the ones you see on the forum are the ones that are in this position. those are the "powerplayers" that seek a good place form the start instead of some random place.
as said on another post , we can have huge side effect of this change , new players won't be able to advance in event as fight/spell/CC/relics are often required and without tourney it's quite impossible to do most step but the highest effect is that if new players can't participate to FS activity (tourney , spire ) they won't be invited ... and new players are those who need most to be in FS for having advises and help
for 1 you reach chapter 5 as quick as you reach chapter 3 now.
Second. people overestimate the gain in that little time you can get from spire and tournaments. it's almost zero. yay I am in chapter 2 and have 2 marble provinces. oh lord tournament is amazing I got 5 relics this week. thats not going to influence anyting.

The problem is escpecially spire is that it can eat away your resources very quickly. 1 failed combat experience can whipe out your entire stock of units. if that happens very early in game with no option to recover quickly you pretty much choo a new player away.

I understand very well that they do not want you to play tournaments or spire with the first 100 units you start with. those are for the world map so you can advance quickly at start.

maxiqbert

Yeah but thats not the standard, 99% of the players end up in a crappy FS anyway, or just bad together as "noobs" only the ones you see on the forum are the ones that are in this position. those are the "powerplayers" that seek a good place form the start instead of some random place.

Second. people overestimate the gain in that little time you can get from spire and tournaments. it's almost zero. yay I am in chapter 2 and have 2 marble provinces. oh lord tournament is amazing I got 5 relics this week. thats not going to influence anyting.

The problem is escpecially spire is that it can eat away your resources very quickly. 1 failed combat experience can whipe out your entire stock of units. if that happens very early in game with no option to recover quickly you pretty much choo a new player away.

I understand very well that they do not want you to play tournaments or spire with the first 100 units you start with. those are for the world map so you can advance quickly at start.
you don't get very far with those but I agree you won't use them in the spire or even tournament, mostly because you don't have all the troops you would need to make a good selection (no heavy range for instance)

edit : I didn't argue with your vision of newbies, because it's consistent, but we (atlas) like new powerplayers a lot, and don't want anything to do with other newbies lol.
It's been a while since I started a new city, and it wouldn't be possible now, but I clearly remember a city created on sunday that finished the first tournament with over 2k points. So, all your points may stand for non power players, but there are exceptions ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4052

I woke up to the old tech tree this morning that's apparently bugged. Does anyone know if they stopped the test? tech-tree.jpg

DeletedUser4052

Thank you @SyreArca I submitted a ticket and got the standard response of they pass it along to the devs. I though I’ll ask here too.

maxiqbert

So i started a new city. Guess what?
I'm stuck in chapter one.
The tech tree is bugged, I cannot research beyond the trader.

Avocado

I remember when I was a total newbie to the game I was really impatient about finally getting access to the spire and even waiting for chapter 3 seemed so long....maybe one reason was our FS talking about the spire a lot... Same with the tournament, I wanted to contribute many points fast ! And I did climb the spire quite high, that worked well with trading, and I think in chapter 4 reaching the top was already possible. So this change does not look attractive to me for the (or a certain type of) newbies.

Enevhar Aldarion

@SyreArca or @Marindor Not sure how to report this, since feedback and not bug reports are wanted for the changes to early chapter research, but as we all know now, some time between 6 and 8AM German time today, the new cities with the test research all seemed to revert back to the original tech tree, causing all sorts of problems, but here is a new one. In a new city I started yesterday, I finished all the chapter 1 research right before this happened, so I don't have to deal with the chapter one bugs, but I was just starting on chapter 2 Advanced Scouts. In the new research, it only takes 9 KP to fill the bar and in the old it is 25 KP. I had 7 KP in the bar already from last night and I have 10 KP now to add, figuring I would just finish that one research anyway. I clicked on the button to add all 10 at once, but only 2 were used, yet the research bar showed like I had added all 10. So I added one more of the 8 it claimed I still had and it went in, to show a total of 18/25. I just reloaded the game to see what it would show and the tech is back to showing 9/25 KP in the bar, the amount needed to complete the new version, and the other 8 KP are back in my bar. So there is more going on behind the scenes than just the old and new tech trees being swapped.

Karvest

Looks like it is still new tech tree serverside, but client is missing info about it and fall back to show it as common tech tree.

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member
Hey everyone!

There are indeed several Bugs as of right now with the new beginning chapters changes.

The Research Tree and Knowledge Points not being added correctly (or causing a pop up window to appear), along with the tech tree, itself, being switched around today are indeed known issues.

There are several other issues at the moment, and as @Marindor mentioned in the Release Note, the Developers are still ironing out this new implementation, which is why we are seeing these Bugs happen.

We apologize for the inconvenience with all of this and ask for everyone’s patience, while these issues are being worked on. Please keep in mind that Beta is the place to find and report all things Bug related.

We thank everyone who has given feedback here and/or sent in a ticket to our Support Team! You are welcome to make Bug Reports for anything you see, as well. This has greatly helped our Team pin down any Bugs that have been/are happening with the new changes.

As the weekend is coming up, this may take a little more time to get sorted. We hope to have this resolved as soon as we can!

Thanks again and please do let us know through sending in a ticket, creating a Bug Report or giving your feedback here if you come across any other issues.

We super appreciate our Beta Elvenar Community! :):):)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3726

When was the last time you built a city CW? It's easy to forget the experience. These changes seem disastrous to me.

The first troops can't even survive provincial battles beyond the first 2 or 3 - they have never been effective for anything in the lower chapters. The spire offers critical resources tiny cities need and learning to moderate your resources is part of that. Tiny cities will be unwelcome in established fellowships if they can't contribute to group goals. Without tourney growth is stunted even further than it is. Nothing good will come from these changes.

Is it possible your limited experience with starting a city has narrowed your POV?

DeletedUser3726

I remember when I was a total newbie to the game I was really impatient about finally getting access to the spire and even waiting for chapter 3 seemed so long....maybe one reason was our FS talking about the spire a lot... Same with the tournament, I wanted to contribute many points fast ! And I did climb the spire quite high, that worked well with trading, and I think in chapter 4 reaching the top was already possible. So this change does not look attractive to me for the (or a certain type of) newbies.

I remember unlocking the spire my first city. I just sat there wide-eyed and in awe! It was so dramatic lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Alright, this screwed up glitch meshing the old tech tree and new tech tree is even worse. I was able to complete the chapter 2 Advanced Scouts because I was working on that one when this mess started. The weird thing was I had all the stuff needed for the old version, put in the full 25 KP and completed the research, and then a few seconds later, the game gave me back the difference in goods and KP between the cost of the old version and the new version. But now I am really stuck because the next research is the new Fellowship research, which is not there for me, but is there for the server. I can tell this because when I try and put a KP into the next set of open techs, it tells me that I have to finish the previous research first, which is Fellowships. This also has me stuck in the event because my current task in my new city is to spend one KP, with no way to spend it.

maxiqbert

Alright, this screwed up glitch meshing the old tech tree and new tech tree is even worse. I was able to complete the chapter 2 Advanced Scouts because I was working on that one when this mess started. The weird thing was I had all the stuff needed for the old version, put in the full 25 KP and completed the research, and then a few seconds later, the game gave me back the difference in goods and KP between the cost of the old version and the new version. But now I am really stuck because the next research is the new Fellowship research, which is not there for me, but is there for the server. I can tell this because when I try and put a KP into the next set of open techs, it tells me that I have to finish the previous research first, which is Fellowships. This also has me stuck in the event because my current task in my new city is to spend one KP, with no way to spend it.
mostly the same for me, although not as far