• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.144

GerdyaanB

All good questions, and I note that we have no answers either.
Every last Forum has folks requesting an expansion of the notification feature, and instead we get 2 items moved to a more secure inventory, ok. But then nothing is easy is it? The Spire link was broken for those who play the game in the original format, and multiple important productions lost. Seems to me, when the troops were redesigned, we were given 4 weeks of warning, that our existing resources would be useless. don't train more, use up what you have. SMH
We players know that INNO isnt strong on communication.....regarding movements, delay of event, changes and mistakes made.....and we can make a long list....INNO doesnt seem to understand that bottom line this frustrates their support volunteers and in the end their revenue....

edeba

When I saw the message earlier today, I made sure to completely empty my enchantment queue and then refilled it. I just collected one CC and it added to my total correctly. Was the one you just collected added to your queue after the update or was it in the queue already? I saw someone else post that the ones in the queue, but not started when the update happened, were also lost on collecting.
I did the same, cancelled existing queued and queued them again. Mine is also working properly now.

Laurelin-Beta

@Lelanya : As already pointed out by CrazyWizard, HUD means Head(s)-Up Display. However, this term is more applicable to other types of game, most notably RPGs and combat-style games which have an overlay that can be shown or hidden by the player (usually via a key toggle), showing detailed opponent and/or player stats, especially health/damage, current Map location and information (in games where the player can move around), lists of resources currently carried in Inventory, and so on... that is, it's usually data which is useful (or even essential) to know, but which would create on-screen clutter and/or reduce the player's viewable screen area (or break immersion) if it were shown all the time. It doesn't really apply to what Inno have done here, which is to remove a couple of items from one Inventory screen to another Inventory screen. In fact, this game doesn't really have what most people consider to be a HUD at all - I suppose you could call the permanently on-screen buttons at the top/bottom and the side-screen Quest-givers a 'HUD' of sorts, but it's not what I understand a HUD to mean (and just out of interest, I've read on Beta, and elsewhere, the suggestion that the game actually should have a full HUD - of the show/remove toggle variety, as stated - showing info such as current Building productions, active Troop queues, currently owned Goods/Resources, etc., so that we don't have to keep checking each Building and/or Inventory location individually. Would be handy.

But to get back on track : as far as the current change is concerned, and while I'm not impressed about losing the 2 x CCs I was waiting to pick up as and when an Event Quest asked for them (not least because I can't even make any more in my tiny Beta City at present - no Relics), here's my main concern:

Since Inno are inclined to make changes which suit themselves and not us players, whether or not we get any advance notice of said changes, is are they going to stop at CCs and RRs when it comes to removing them from standard Inventory (where they can be Disenchanted) to the top-bar Inventory (which I refuse to regard as a genuine HUD)? Like many others, I am very unlikely ever to Disenchant CCs, since they are difficult to win and expensive and time-consuming to Craft, and I will never - unless they somehow become very commonplace - Disenchant any RRs, which are even harder to obtain. BUT - and here's my reservation - on Live I have a chronic lack of Spell Fragments and so I do, very often, Disenchant other types of Enchantment (if CCs are even seen as that?) which I have in excess, primarily PoPs, now that the 'same Relics every week' Tournament format has caused me, if not others, to amass those in excess. And I have no faith that Inno will not suddenly decide to move some, any, or even all other types of Enchantment to the top-bar Inventory, where they cannot be Disenchanted - whether to reduce clutter in the game files, as suggested by Karvest, or indeed for any other reason.

@Marindor - can you give any indication as to whether this change will affect only CCs and RRs, or are other Inventory items also going to move?

Karvest

CCs are still the same resource as they were, they just renamed (removed "spell" prefix so they are not shown in enchantments anymore). "Reduce clutter" sentence was only addressed to RRs change, which removes additional "required items" dictionary from every chapter data of every event building.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Marindor - can you give any indication as to whether this change will affect only CCs and RRs, or are other Inventory items also going to move?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking us to predict the future, I'm sure everyone would like a fortuneteller... how much are you willing to pay me for your predictions?
I think its obvious that in the ever evolving environment of computer games, there is no guarantees whatsoever about the future, so I really hope you're not expecting a real answer to your question.
Beta realm is meant for testing changes, so these changes will keep on coming on a daily basis, sometimes with an announcement up ahead, sometimes not. When changes come to live servers, they should always have a proper announcement beforehand, unless maybe if its a super urgent hotfix.

Laurelin-Beta

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking us to predict the future, I'm sure everyone would like a fortuneteller... how much are you willing to pay me for your predictions?
Er... hmm. I wasn't really expecting a reply as, er, expressive as this (!)... but now that you ask, that would indeed be a marketable skill in the case of at least some percentage of the playerbase, if not myself per se - although only if they were accurate predictions, I suppose...? ;)
I think its obvious that in the ever evolving environment of computer games, there is no guarantees whatsoever about the future, so I really hope you're not expecting a real answer to your question.
I have played many other games over the past 40 years, and been a Beta tester in some of those, and to be honest, yes, I most certainly was/am at least hoping for, if not actually expecting [that's too much...] an answer, although not necessarily from your good self, since I am aware that you are, of course, a volunteer who may or may not be able to obtain the information desired - which was why I addressed Marindor, since he is, after all, actually employed by InnoGames to liaise with its players and thus, one would hope, has more access to advance information about the company's plans. That said, he may either not know the answer to my question, or not be able and/or willing to reply - but I still feel that I am at least entitled to ask him something which I feel to be relevant and which, in my view, arises naturally from the recent change which has been made - but I'm prepared to be ignored!

To further justify my asking the question I have asked: we are told that InnoGames makes its decisions on in-game changes 'at least six months' ahead of those changes actually appearing in-game, and it seems very likely to me that if further changes of a very similar nature are desired (i.e. the possible moving to a different and 'not susceptible to Disenchantment' Inventory category of further items which are currently still in the 'can be Disenchanted' category), then such changes would be at the very least discussed, if not actually planned and scheduled, at the point when one such very similar change is made - as has just happened. Of course, there's the possibility that Inno takes a more chaotic view, and may or may not make one change, with no thought as to similar changes, and then make related changes later and independently, but Inno does employ a lot of game managers, analysts, strategists, and the like, so perhaps that sort of ad hoc approach isn't really very likely in such a large gaming house as Inno has become...?
Beta realm is meant for testing changes, so these changes will keep on coming on a daily basis, sometimes with an announcement up ahead, sometimes not. When changes come to live servers, they should always have a proper announcement beforehand, unless maybe if its a super urgent hotfix.
Well... good? I'd expect a considerable period of notice on the Live Servers, where quite a few people are actually paying to play the game, and none of them have volunteered to be testers of any kind, before something like CCs were simply vanished from production queues. But maybe this part of your reply wasn't even aimed at me, since I don't think anything I said above was related to objecting to the way in which this Server is run...?

Thanks for your reply in any case, even if it was (a) from someone I didn't address, and (b) both faster and also rather more defensive than I'd anticipated!

Marindor

As far as I know there are currently no plans to also move other spells to the HUD overview. About the CC productions that were gone without an upfront notice: that is something we didn't anticipate either and therefore it's good we tested it on Beta first, to prevent these thing from happening on Live. Our development team has implemented a solution so this shouldn't occur on our Live servers.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team

I'm sorry, its been a long week, and after rereading my post I realise it was pretty agressive, while it wasn't intended that way.

I guess in my defense I get frustrated when people ask direct questions, about stuff I would wanna know the answer to myself. I'd also would love to know at least a vague idea of whats coming, and sometimes us volunteers do know, but more often not.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

can you give any indication as to whether this change will affect only CCs and RRs, or are other Inventory items also going to move?

All the other enchantments have to be activated from our inventory, so I can't see those ever being moved out. And the same for most of the Instants. The only things that could be moved out because we do not activate them from inventory are the Time Boosters and artifacts. In fact, a lot of people have complained about all the artifacts taking up so much space in the Instants tab, that moving them elsewhere would make a lot of players happy.

salandrine

For example in German Forum there were a lot of wishes to see the RR in the HUD, cause so far it could only be seen if you went to a event buildung and there to upgrade, there you find the information, who much RR you own.

And this has been a little bit complicated. Now its better and easier.

Laurelin-Beta

Firstly: @Marindor - many thanks for the info, and @Kersepitje - hey forget it, but thanks... you should have seen MY first-draft reply to you...!! ;)

Secondly:

@Enevhar Aldarion : I personally would be DISMAYED if Artifacts in particular were removed to the category of 'not Disenchantable', because these are currently my PRIMARY source of any urgently needed large amounts of Spell Fragments, and will remain so for the foreseeable future as well, albeit reluctantly because I have a strong feeling that some other purpose for the many unwanted [at least in respect of their related Evolving Buildings] Artifacts which many of us are now amassing is very probably on the cards, sooner or later - whether that be something we players have suggested (e.g. Artifact Fragments or exchanges) or something else which Inno may prefer. And I am not alone in seeing Artifacts as a useful source of Fragments, either - in fact, most players with whom I've discussed this topic also regard the [typically] 1-5 Artifacts they may win in any given 6-week Spire 'Artifacts session' in much the same light... so I'm not being purely self-interested here.

However, what I personally can't see continuing for the indefinite future, if only because it doesn't exactly create a broad sense of achievement and thus goodwill amongst the early-game players Inno is so evidently courting these days (and others, too, for that matter), is the situation where many players are increasingly becoming aware of (and discussing, not least on Inno's preferred communications platform, Facebook) the reality that only a very few players are fortunate enough, under the present RNG system, to win from the Spire enough Artifacts to make building the related Evolver(s) a feasible proposition, short of serious expenditure in Crating to boost the total number won, at least.

Now, unless the system is altered so that many more people win a realistic number of Artifacts in the Spire (I'd say 7+ of any given type would be a fair guess as to what most people consider 'realistic'?), this naturally then calls into question the validity of [what is, for many players] the high Resource/Troops cost and time investment (and luck level!) involved in winning said Artifacts from the Spire - which then tends to undermine the Spire's general popularity - which Inno are likely to see as detrimental, to say the least, since the Spire (and Crafting, its closely related cousin) have been quite intentionally moved into a central position in the game and then further promoted ever since. Inno didn't do that for laughs, I'd say, and although I've said below that second-guessing Inno isn't very wise, in my experience, I think I can safely say that introducing [and frequently amending] the Spire/Crafting has cost them enough to indicate that these are two in-game features which they'd very much like players to admire and see as valuable and worthwhile - not to find frequently disappointing and/or eventually regard as a little more than a late-game Resource sink.

Furthermore, although it may seem bizarre to many - and while I myself am not, as yet, so desperate for Spell Fragments that I regard Timeboosters as a primary, or even last-choice, Disenchantment candidate - I would also not wish to see Timeboosters, either, removed from the category of items which can be Disenchanted. Many of us, self included, have a large Inventory of these as well, and Inno seems so very keen on putting desirable items into the Crafting menu that I would not take any bets that we won't see a day when something - whether currently existing or yet to be introduced - appears in Crafting which is so desirable that people will happily exchange at least some of their Timeboosters for such a theoretical item (or items...).

After all, it's well known that some players are happy to burn many Timeboosters in return for an intangible reward with limited appeal, namely a top FA Ranking (I doubt whether many Fellowships fight for the top FA spots solely, or even primarily, in order to earn what is for many of them a duplicate of a trophy building...), so I'd say it's far from unlikely that a situation may arise in future where players become willing to exchange those same Timeboosters (via Disenchantment) for more 'tangible', permanent, and - especially - desirable/valuable building(s) or other in-game reward(s).

What if, just for example, the currently extremely popular Sip of Clarity (which many players, self included, can't afford to even TRY to win from the Spire each week, and thus see as notable rarities), or the also very favourably received Tomes of X or Y now appearing as Sorceries, were to become Craftable... whether with Artifacts as their ultimate reward, or something even more valuable which Inno has not yet dreamed up? That wouldn't surprise me at all, and if such happens, then I - and others of my acquaintance - would prefer, at that point, to have as many items available for optional Disenchantment as possible. More choice = good, in my view.

Furthermore, and in the same vein, who would have predicted, before original Phoenix and Bear bases and Artifacts became permanent Crafting items (and near-essential in-game buildings to own, for any even vaguely Combat-orientated player - and far more so since the 2020 and more recent Tourney changes) that there would be ANY reason good enough to induce players to willingly sacrifice Blueprints, of all things? But here we are... I, and many, many others I know, have done exactly that - plus a goodly number of hard-won Diamonds, too, since I pretty soon ran out of the few Blueprints I had (not to mention the necessary 10K Spell Fragments per Artifact, too... as I say, always in short supply for me, at least!).

In fact, NOT second-guessing Inno's future plans forms the basis of my in-game strategy... to the extent that I hoard literally everything which can be hoarded, as a matter of policy, even when this means that my gameplay speed suffers significantly as a result. I don't like [nasty] surprises... :)

Last edited: