• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.143

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

vcable1972

There's no way any more to see the excactly amount of goods now what's under the k amount.
Personaly i would like to see what it was before but my idea is more like seperate the thousands with a . excample 1.000 and 10.000 etc.
And hilight the boost more because your eyes are now focused on the text basic, refined and precious that you have to look twice to notice the boost.

Droopy

Please separate the k with a space and be consistent with the Trader which shows a capital K (which is wrong) in the "Place offer" tab.

Alcaro

my heart skipped a beat when I saw I have only 9, 16, 17 sentient goods. I totally DO NOT LIKE this change and I don't see the benefit of it. There's no need for that empty space between name and number.
Put a space or a dot at every 3 digits and will be just fine.

Alcaro

it's funny how some "improvements" no one ever asked for and no one ever complained about the former situation are made but those which are asked by so many players and so many players complained about the current situation and explained why they should be done, are totally ignored or are done after YEARS!!!

FieryArien

Wow, as an app player I can relate. It’s awful, I’m sorry you got this in the browser. I’ve got the “k”s and “M”s in the app all the time everywhere and I HATE IT. Research tells me I need 250k moonstone, the inventory tells me I have 250k moonstone. And the research is red.

CrazyWizard

it's funny how some "improvements" no one ever asked for and no one ever complained about the former situation are made but those which are asked by so many players and so many players complained about the current situation and explained why they should be done, are totally ignored or are done after YEARS!!!
Just because it was nog asked for on the forum doesn't mean they do not get a lot of complaints at support that people have no clue what refined good is for example. in fact we see those questions on the forums quite often.

So it's a good change that will help a lot of new players who get stuck events because they have no clue what magical goods are.
And even as a vet I have no clue how t5 is called in the main questline, I know the quest asked for xxx factories at level 24 or higher

Alcaro

Just because it was nog asked for on the forum doesn't mean they do not get a lot of complaints at support that people have no clue what refined good is for example. in fact we see those questions on the forums quite often.

So it's a good change that will help a lot of new players who get stuck events because they have no clue what magical goods are.
And even as a vet I have no clue how t5 is called in the main questline, I know the quest asked for xxx factories at level 24 or higher
I assume you didn't really pay much attention to the change ;) There are no Magical goods anymore, but Precious ones :D < This is one of the Not Wanted change.
It's OK to have the name of the type of goods posted in that drop menu but why, after being named Magical they had to change them to Precious? < This one is an addition not a change.

And, tell me @CrazyWizard , did you ever read a single complaint about the numbers (amount) of goods? I know, for you it doesn't matter since you stated over and over again that you have gazillions of goods, but for those who don't, can be a huge difference that rounding up the numbers. For smaller players, some hundred goods can make the difference from doing something or not. < This is a change and I see no one being happy with the change.

CrazyWizard

I assume you didn't really pay much attention to the change ;) There are no Magical goods anymore, but Precious ones :D < This is one of the Not Wanted change.
It's OK to have the name of the type of goods posted in that drop menu but why, after being named Magical they had to change them to Precious? < This one is an addition not a change.

And, tell me @CrazyWizard , did you ever read a single complaint about the numbers (amount) of goods? I know, for you it doesn't matter since you stated over and over again that you have gazillions of goods, but for those who don't, can be a huge difference that rounding up the numbers. For smaller players, some hundred goods can make the difference from doing something or not. < This is a change and I see no one being happy with the change.
Some people just complain to complain.
I am sorry to say that but elvenar has an older audience and the older we get the more anti change we get.

The fact is this change was desperately needed, even the most veteran players sometimes had no clue what where what goods.
This is now clearly stated so it makes sense.

I do not care what the name is as long as it's stated, for all I care they call it "hula hoop goods" as long as they name it properly so people actually understand if they ask for refined goods what they mean.
1637683320887.png

This was a change that was desperately needed.

and the granularity? who cares if you have 60001 or 60.0K marble?
Nothing in the game asks for 60001 goods.

If you have small amounds you get full numbers if you have a lot you get rounded numbers. the app does this since it's introduction and I havent seen anyone complain about that.

CrazyWizard

If it shows 250k for 249999, like here - that's definitely annoying.
Thats something they should change indeed. but that makes the change in itself not a bad change.
Just a question of rounding it down instead of up to avoid these things, thats feedback. not a rant.

but people change it into a rant

Enevhar Aldarion

They may have changed the drop-down menu to match the way it looks on mobile, but the trade menu is still the same. You just have to make a couple of extra clicks to see more detailed numbers:

Screenshot (56).png

FieryArien

If you have small amounds you get full numbers if you have a lot you get rounded numbers. the app does this since it's introduction and I havent seen anyone complain about that.
I really should have complained, filled bug reports and so on. It typically happens with mana. Last time a research or an upgrade was asking 2,5M, my inventory was showing just that - 2,5M mana. But the requirement was red. So I cast a couple of spells, checked the requirement (still red), another couple of spells, checked requirement, another couple …
That’s what’s going to happen to you browser players. I tell you, it’s annoying. Though in your case they might solve it by “hovering your mouse here or there”. We’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

I really should have complained, filled bug reports and so on. It typically happens with mana. Last time a research or an upgrade was asking 2,5M, my inventory was showing just that - 2,5M mana. But the requirement was red. So I cast a couple of spells, checked the requirement (still red), another couple of spells, checked requirement, another couple …
That’s what’s going to happen to you browser players. I tell you, it’s annoying. Though in your case they might solve it by “hovering your mouse here or there”. We’ll see.
but thats valid feedback. so we should always round down so these things do not happen.
thats much more constructive feedback than " The change is $@#!%%, change it back or I QUIT!!!"

Which seems to be the standard response of some people to many changes. and of course they rarely quit.

Orvanal

There's no way any more to see the excactly amount of goods now what's under the k amount.
Personaly i would like to see what it was before but my idea is more like seperate the thousands with a . excample 1.000 and 10.000 etc.
And hilight the boost more because your eyes are now focused on the text basic, refined and precious that you have to look twice to notice the boost.
I agree 100%...in fact I wrote elsewhere and was asked to move it and though I am new here I hope this is it: "While I like the new general look and tweaking of the inventory, I am not happy over the change made with the rounding off of the literal count of inventory. I have always used the odd amount to trade for what I want to keep adding and need. Now I have no idea of what it is other than the rounded numbers. PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO LITERAL COUNT."