• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.142

Alcaro

I think this change addresses to the Language, in all servers the tabs with the Icons will be the same. IMO this will not go back to Text. Also it seems to me (already said this) that it appears that more tabs will be added at some point.
I suggest to lighten the background, to stop using brown and brown-ish colors. There are plenty of other colors that suit the actual design.

Brummbaer

I personally dislike the "ICONs". :mad:
A title is always better and the argument "translation required" does not really fit.
Every new chapter the buildings got new names, every event we got some new buildings too, so in both cases translations are require and the tab headers are unchanged till there is a new one added

sunrae

I understand the change to icons from words, if there was a language problem for some people. However the icons are too small, too indistinct and just plain difficult to understand. Please re-design them so they are clear for everyone. The current design is just frustrating :mad:

Laurelin-Beta

I doubt whether new players will understand the meaning of the new icons. They are difficult even for me to understand without opening up the tabs to see what they actually do, and I've been playing the game for over three years. If I were a new player, I would be completely mystified until 'trial and error' had informed me of what those tabs are meant to do. There is enough dumbing-down going on in this game without adding more - apparently for no reason. And as for there possibly being a problem with fitting in enough tabs (assuming that future in-game developments might lead to this being an issue), here is the very easy solution for the [non-]problem of 'too many tabs for one row', which has been in use ever since Windows itself:

Screenshot_Multiple_Tabs_With_Text_Win_7.png

I also agree with those who have already stated that the new icons' colour scheme - muddy browns on muddier brown - is unclear and unatrractive.

edeba

I doubt whether new players will understand the meaning of the new icons. They are difficult even for me to understand without opening up the tabs to see what they actually do, and I've been playing the game for over three years. If I were a new player, I would be completely mystified until 'trial and error' had informed me of what those tabs are meant to do. There is enough dumbing-down going on in this game without adding more - apparently for no reason. And as for there possibly being a problem with fitting in enough tabs (assuming that future in-game developments might lead to this being an issue), here is the very easy solution for the [non-]problem of 'too many tabs for one row', which has been in use ever since Windows itself:

View attachment 9531

I also agree with those who have already stated that the new icons' colour scheme - muddy browns on muddier brown - is unclear and unatrractive.
Your idea is way better than the icons.

The icons have zero meaning and I'm resorting to counting how many tabs from either side for what I want. I don't think I will ever learn these new icons as they simply have no context in my mind comes up with what they are supposed represent.

galrond

Most of the icons I understand (moneybag, grasping hand, shoppinglist, cart).
But what the heck, is the black plastic bucket turned upside down, supposed to symbolize?
I´m only in woodelves chapter, so I don´t have the tab yet, and I really don´t have a clue o_O
Is it upgrade? Then use an arrow instead ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

But what the heck, is the black plastic bucket turned upside down, supposed to symbolize?
I´m only in woodelves chapter, so I don´t have the tab yet, and I really don´t have a clue o_O

The far right tab is always the upgrade tab, unless you are in the last chapter and already done with the upgrade, then there is no upgrade tab.

Alcaro

That "black plastic bucket" :D is actually a hat and it's the tab for Merchants >> Ascended goods >> used in ch.18

merchants tab.jpg

edeba

Anyone figure out what this refers to?

• There were some minor tweaks around quests involving (premium) residences/workshops and settlement resources.

edeba

My idea for a trades icon. Not an artist here, but I think I'd leave it empty for you to set up trades, and the wholesaler goods for coin, supplies or other goods.

1636741868965.png