• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.126

ayvinul

That way they don't need to check different requirements for production startup and can just check production cost of current building xN times.
I still think it would be more useful to be able to restart everything at once.
Take workshops as another example, you are able to start beer on every workshop at once, even though level 1 run through it in 2mn,whereas big workshops require 5mn.

Imagine you're in the middle of orcs, do you really want to have to cycle through two or three level of farms ?

maybe we need a second button "all levels/same level".

That said, I'm really happy with the current improvements in any case.

Karvest

Starting workshops costs you nothing, that's why it doesn't care about workshop's level. I guess checking production costs is what gone wrong when they first tried to implement it (~ same time as ws multiple production appeared), and limiting it to the same level looks like an easy workaround.

Jaxom

I have started seeing a message at the top of my browser window regarding a world update coming soon.
I logged off so that the update would not log me out.
Came back in maybe 15 minutes later. Saw it again.
So how soon is the update going to happen once I see this message?

ayvinul

Starting workshops costs you nothing, that's why it doesn't care about workshop's level. I guess checking production costs is what gone wrong when they first tried to implement it (~ same time as ws multiple production appeared), and limiting it to the same level looks like an easy workaround.
well, instead of a multiply, you just do a loop and adds. It's not like it's way more complicated. Sometimes I wonder if innogames is just one single developer and twenty graphic artists...

Aeva

I like the starting simultaniously at the same level. Works fine for me (and for FSA with different levels of manufactories).
And I like the new dropdown.

PaNonymeB

well, instead of a multiply, you just do a loop and adds. It's not like it's way more complicated. Sometimes I wonder if innogames is just one single developer and twenty graphic artists...
Keep in mind two productions completely change at level 24 though.

DeletedUser3646

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!! I do love new menu and "Hotkeys should work for multi-production in Manufactories"!!!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Why is the multiple fabrics only work on manufactories of the same level?

Probably because of sentient goods. If you are not there yet, when you get to chapter 12 and upgrade factories to level 24 or higher, the 1 day and 2 day productions are replaced by a 2nd set of 3 hour and 9 hour productions for the sentient goods. So you can't start 3 hour or 9 hour productions in all factories at that point because the code will not know which one you want.

Karvest

Technically there is no difference what to start, 24h normal production or 3h sentient, both are started by exactly the same request.
And in case of FA, where many players can build their sentient boosted lvl1 factories for badges (due to them being smaller than their regular boosted t1) that can lead to unintended uses.

Enevhar Aldarion

Technically there is no difference what to start, 24h normal production or 3h sentient, both are started by exactly the same request.

But if you are starting 3 hour or 9 hour productions, and you have factories level 24 and up and factories below level 24, the game may not be able to know if you want normal or sentient for those productions.

SoggyShorts

Now we need similar option to cancel multiple productions. (It's very annoying to cancel 100 workshops or factories one by one if you accidentally started wrong badge)
"Hey guys, someone should make extra blacksmiths because I'm a farmer now." :p
Probably because of sentient goods. If you are not there yet, when you get to chapter 12 and upgrade factories to level 24 or higher, the 1 day and 2 day productions are replaced by a 2nd set of 3 hour and 9 hour productions for the sentient goods. So you can't start 3 hour or 9 hour productions in all factories at that point because the code will not know which one you want.
You used to be able to use the 9h sentient production to complete the 48h quests in events (and 3h for 24h) so I don't think this is the issue.
They can definitely "start all bottom left button productions" if the input goods issue is resolved but you don't want that so it should simply be separated:
Workshops
Factories <24
Factories >24
Armories

Enevhar Aldarion

You used to be able to use the 9h sentient production to complete the 48h quests in events (and 3h for 24h) so I don't think this is the issue.

I only remember that working for those Crafting Challenges they used to give us. The sentient productions earned the same amount of points as the normal productions did for those slots.

They can definitely "start all bottom left button productions" if the input goods issue is resolved but you don't want that so it should simply be separated:
Workshops
Factories <24
Factories >24
Armories

And guest race productions. Or do you want to set all those small ship productions in chapter 17 one at a time? Or all the orc productions one at a time? lol

Karvest

Current implementation is easy expandable to all types of productions (Including future ones. For example next chapter factories which have more production options.)
"Same level" is not that bad and is acceptable solution for all those edge cases that may happen without it.

ayvinul

"Hey guys, someone should make extra blacksmiths because I'm a farmer now." :p

Workshops
Factories <24
Factories >24
Armories
It still works for the repeating quests, as I noticed just 3 days ago.

edeba

Now we need similar option to cancel multiple productions. (It's very annoying to cancel 100 workshops or factories one by one if you accidentally started wrong badge)
I'd be making the wrong badge...

Was wondering when this idea would come up.

Enevhar Aldarion

I'd be making the wrong badge...

Was wondering when this idea would come up.

I am shocked this was not made a suggestion the same day we got the ability to start all workshops at the same time. It only makes sense, at least for workshops, because they cost nothing to start or stop. Factories may be another issue, in case you start them all, collect more coins and supplies, and then decide to cancel, where cancelling put you at max in the main hall. The game would have to decide which ones are not cancelled, just like it decides which workshops or residences are not collected from when you try to collect more than your hall can hold.

Alcaro

canceling multiple WS prod .. hmmm .. how will be done if you have, for example, 6 BS ongoing and the rest of the WSs are doing short runs? I don't think such a function is quite "healthy". I would die to cancel by mistake some BS when they are almost done just because I started the wrong production on the other WS. I prefer to open my eyes when I start a new production than losing long time badges.