• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.113

CrazyWizard

I understand the problem with these numbers, but ... there are a few questions:
- the encounter was in province 30 at star #?
- how many Elvenar players are getting to that level?

I know that making unhappy "paying" players is not a "good" marketing strategy, but, on the other hand, if you want to put a tax (and I don't want to debate if this is an "intelligent" decision, "taxing" (making less fun) a game that should just be fun cannot be anyway "intelligent"), maybe it is "better" to tax a few managers than thousands of employees (as per your previous example, substitute fine with tax :)).

About nerfing the brown bear(s) with 3 queues, maybe this is intentional and maybe it is more acceptable than other types of nerfing ;-)

was considered round 1, so round 2 province 29 ect.

You are aware that this game (and plenty others) float on those "few" managers.
In the past 5 years they have made plenty decisions that specifically target these "whales" and limit "smaller" paying players?

Expansions went up from capping at ~10 euro to up to 80+ euro today.
Premium residences and workshops went up from 10- to 15 euro recently.

There is little you can do in this game for a few euro's,
Those many players who spend non/ a little, you need them to spend often a little and in masses, but this game is not designed for it, there are no mechanics in this game that specifically target these players. there is no diversification in income strategy in elevenar.

This means that it all floats on the few whales it has.
Whithin the group of whales, a proportinally large number are "enjoying" and playeing this game for the tournaments over the past few years.
This is the group that will be hit the hardest. the question is now will they compensate by spending a few dozen euro's every week or stop spending / quitting the game.

This might be a pivit point in elvenar, and might potentially lead to the end of it.
Inno-games does not seem to "close" there servers directly as long as it's a net gain, but they might stop development and put the game in maintenance mode once the development costs are no longer interesting compared to the income.
I have seen closing of games before, I am closely watching for tale signs I have seen before that the game is in real trouble in the comming year.

edeba

This might be a pivit point in elvenar, and might potentially lead to the end of it.
Inno-games does not seem to "close" there servers directly as long as it's a net gain, but they might stop development and put the game in maintenance mode once the development costs are no longer interesting compared to the income.
I have seen closing of games before, I am closely watching for tale signs I have seen before that the game is in real trouble in the comming year.
Insane, try to dig deeper into the "whale" that you've screwed over instead of developing a wide spread mass smaller spending, where people spend say up to 10 euros in a month and they just enjoy what they get for the money.

For sure the numbers are highly punitive against the players that financially support the game the most. I don't get it. I see signs that they see some potential revenue streams, but super bad analysis for how to go for those streams. Case in point would be the RR spells on "sale." They trashed their upgrade levels for chapter 16 making all of the dailies do a nose dive in desirability.

On live for the scrolls tournament I had out quite a few military boosts. I've been playing the level 6 to compete in the tournament, but even with a polished bird and about 10 military boosts out, which is more than I've put out for almost any other tournament, I just thought the losses were way too high, so I've not played most of level 6. So basically, the highest difficulty was 1.45 and losses were higher than other tournaments.

The increase in difficulty for the new tournament is far too steep.
They could and should change it to the 2% increase per province and 8% per level as I've suggested, but also make an expiring 2x2 universal health and attack military building that is for sale and make them available for cheaper tied in the spire, 300 diamonds from the top, 400 at laboratory, 500 at high halls, and maybe 700 diamonds in the builder. With my proposal the relative difficulty at province 50 is:

This is hard, and it is even harder with the huge increases in the troop size. For sure the boost I suggest become popular with a less steep difficulty. I put out boosts on beta with this new tournament and it just feels like a waste. It is hard to tell that they do much at all and certain not worth buying. I don't see how Inno could ever develop a military boost market with such a steep difficulty curve.

DeletedUser1953

Ok, c'est corrigé, thank you, barrack is working now !

Richord

SIMULTANIOUSLY TRAINING:

increase quests asking for unit productions AT LEAST 3x, maybe even up to 10x. why? We have wonders and can await collecting with 2 of the 3 buildings. besides, the amount with 'huge' is tiny.

Lovec Krys

@Richord Not everyone has all 3 buildings, especialy low chapter players. Training groud comes at ch2, Mercenary camp at Fairies. And not everyone builds a unit producing wonders.
So no to 10x quests amount.

To Inno: Since stats for ch17 for some culture buildings are available ingame:
Why is the increase of any production again so pathetic?
Example: Savory Food Market: Culture 3500>4000 (+14,3%), seeds 4100>4200 (+2,4%)
With pathetic increases like this, all you'll achieve is that end game players will stop using any cult hybrids in few chapters.

DeletedUser1953

@Richord Not everyone has all 3 buildings, especialy low chapter players. Training groud comes at ch2, Mercenary camp at Fairies. And not everyone builds a unit producing wonders.
So no to 10x quests amount.

To Inno: Since stats for ch17 for some culture buildings are available ingame:
Why is the increase of any production again so pathetic?
Example: Savory Food Market: Culture 3500>4000 (+14,3%), seeds 4100>4200 (+2,4%)
With pathetic increases like this, all you'll achieve is that end game players will stop using any cult hybrids in few chapters.
It should be strange, because with research, each chapter rise the cost of spire/tournament by more than 14% (for troup & ressources), with the chapter 16, the production of T2 was -14% (negate !!). Inno becomes totally crazy, noone has excel ?
It seems that the game finish at the barrack/frog prince of chapter 15, after you work to win less !!

spennyit

The thing I understand the least from INNO is why "spending people" should not have an advantage with respect to "non-spending people" :-( BTW, I am not a "spending player" (I just spent a little in the beginning, then I stopped to like INNO decisions and stopped to invest at all).

All these F2P games have to survive with "spending people" and, in other games, "spending people" get an "big" advantage in the game since they are "sponsoring" the game itself allowing it to survive. Elvenar is the opposite: you must not spend real money to get an advantage. Does this make sense to anybody?

CrazyWizard

The thing I understand the least from INNO is why "spending people" should not have an advantage with respect to "non-spending people" :-( BTW, I am not a "spending player" (I just spent a little in the beginning, then I stopped to like INNO decisions and stopped to invest at all).

All these F2P games have to survive with "spending people" and, in other games, "spending people" get an "big" advantage in the game since they are "sponsoring" the game itself allowing it to survive. Elvenar is the opposite: you must not spend real money to get an advantage. Does this make sense to anybody?

Lol I can already see next years sales report in front of me.
It's not that hard to predict it's outcome.

spennyit

So tomorrow EN server will be updated to version 1.113:
  • The Barracks, Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means that more units can be recruited simultaneously.
  • Several technical improvements have been implemented to increase the technical performance and stability of the new Tournament system.
The interesting things are:
- we/they don't which are the mentioned "Several technical improvements"
- we don't know if we received the same "Several technical improvements" or if we will ever receive them

INNO approach to communication with players is becoming worse and worse :-(

Last edited:

Marindor

@spennyit If you have any questions about what exactly is included in a Live release, please ask this on your Live server. Beta is not the place to discuss that, since we're already on a different game version here. Thank you.