• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.105

chris0707070707

I believe I'm one of those few players who are very happy that our wonders won't get any stronger, especially the military ones. The cities of advanced players are powerful enough (almost to the point where it becomes ridiculous). Never the less, if Inno doesn't want our wonders to become overpowered, then what is the reason behind providing us with additional wonder levels at all ?
Why ?
What for ?
Wasn't it obvious, that the idea of such almost "empty" upgrades would be nothing but a disappointment for almost everyone ? That no one would be happy ? From that point of view, I have to say that I can see no logic for Inno's actions, they should have left everything as it was before,

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
This change in strategy will actually enable us to potentially keep providing more levels in the future, without getting to a point that will make the Ancient Wonders so overpowered that you have little else in your city.
Why there need to be a new levels, why not make a proper wonders (i am looking at embassies chapter) and give them 2 effects and 3rd related to ranking points for people who cares, almost all of this effects which we can upgrade are just cosmetic, there is barely any of them i actually want to level to 35, or 40 or 50 or 100 in a future

low end players cant level them because they dont have resources for it and if they did have, they could upgrade 10 levels of other wonders with 20 powers increased, average players can level 4-5 levels from other their wonders compared to 1 level after 31+ with 10 powers increased, and high end players can upgrade 2 levels for a cost of 1 from level 31+ with 4 powers increased
who would be so stupid to actually level wonder from 31+ for just 1 power increase and not others until they have all wonders maxed out (lvl30)?

if nothing this will dramaticly increase push accounts worldwide to compensate amount of KP needed and since we dont have anticheat from Foe still implemented here it will be horrible like always on some servers
Ancient Wonder levels are just a very small fraction of the total calculation for Spire difficulty.
sadly for end tech players it is the only factor increasing spire difficulty and since we have 6 months apart every chapter, during that time we level a lot of wonders (because there is nothing else to do in a game) and so it dramaticly increase spire difficulty

Arthus

@Marindor The devs should have just added a flat bonus to the problematic bonuses. Instead of an additional 2.5% population, just give an additional 2500 population or something of the sort. This is really insulting for players that invested a lot of time and resources into getting their wonders to 30 and have been hoping for 35 for a long time.
As an additional bonus.
15% bonus must stay or they will destroy entire game. There are cities where 1/4 of entire population are from these 2 wonders.

Deleted User - 81190

They do, but as I've explained before: Ancient Wonder levels are just a very small fraction of the total calculation for Spire difficulty.
LOL. In the end game, pretty much the only material differentiators between cities are number of expansions (small variance there, ~110-150) and AWs (large variance, ~150-800). The Spire SS for those cities varies from 3K up to 9K. You can make your own conclusions.

iDavis

New wonders of 16th chapter could be really taken into consideration. Their ranking points bonus is just a spittle in the sea, and in the future with new chapters will be like that even more. Embassies brought huge upgrades, when it comes to culture and population consumption, 330 rps per week is nothing compared with that and will be even bigger nothing when future chapters are released. For me, it's saving of KPs, but it's shame, because there were slots for much more interesting ones..

DeletedUser2262

Why did you even bother to offer any further upgrades ?
I'm also aware of AWs becoming far too powerful, but this is nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthus

New wonders of 16th chapter could be really taken into consideration. Their ranking points bonus is just a spittle in the sea, and in the future with new chapters will be like that even more. Embassies brought huge upgrades, when it comes to culture and population consumption, 330 rps per week is nothing compared with that and will be even bigger nothing when future chapters are released. For me, it's saving of KPs, but it's shame, because there were slots for much more interesting ones..

Nobody considers building Spire Library wonder, it's a trash.
Ranking points have no effect on the game and 6 KP is nothing in chapter 16 city.

Lovec Krys

Does anyone have information which effect does improve in each wonder? (gamefiles diggers or anyone else)

CrazyWizard

LOL. In the end game, pretty much the only material differentiators between cities are number of expansions (small variance there, ~110-150) and AWs (large variance, ~150-800). The Spire SS for those cities varies from 3K up to 9K. You can make your own conclusions.
100% Agree, it might be the smallest function in a formula, but when there are 50 expansions and 800 wonderlevels or whatever 50*0.4 < 800*0.3 as an example, you could claim that 0.3 is lower and therefore the smallest influencer, but in practise that "smallest factor" might be the biggest influencer of them all.

I wonder how the formula looks like because if you asked me this claim that has been repeated over and over and over has been debunked at least as many times by practical examples.

Wonderlevels are NOT the smallest factor in the spire. the only problem is whe cant point fingers yet at the why it is that way.

Heymrdiedier

100% Agree, it might be the smallest function in a formula, but when there are 50 expansions and 800 wonderlevels or whatever 50*0.4 < 800*0.3 as an example, you could claim that 0.3 is lower and therefore the smallest influencer, but in practise that "smallest factor" might be the biggest influencer of them all.

I wonder how the formula looks like because if you asked me this claim that has been repeated over and over and over has been debunked at least as many times by practical examples.

Wonderlevels are NOT the smallest factor in the spire. the only problem is whe cant point fingers yet at the why it is that way.
While this is totally off topic, Im totally agreeing with Wonders having a too huge effect on spire. Theres a reason I'm considering to trash my lvl 30 excavation and Tome of secrets. While they helped me a lot during levelling, now they only make my spire overexpensive (I can't even do the 4 encounters between 2 gates without running out of coins or hammers, even IF im maxed out on coins an hammers before i start)

Dony

King of Bugs
it could be much less pain if we could teleport AWs with some restriction or if we could get some resources back while selling it (1/4 of KP invested or 1/3 or 1/2)

alexgreat

So, Elvenar wanted to offer AWS level 31-35 levels in order to be nice. But then they added big stick (costs) and removed the carrot (the useful AWS effects). So, we now have big stick and no carrot. How does this make sense?

If someone wanted to reduce AWS power, the easiest solution is to simply cut all AWS power gains in half. For example, Golden Abyss would give half of the normal population gain and half of the normal coin gain. This works across all wonders and all effects. We could live with that. Simple solutions are always better.

Arthus

The level of propaganda in this company is amazing.
Their comments about event, "loving" 10 currency a day.
They almost made this event "best event ever".
Of course, skipping all critical questions.
Same with all other updates to the game, they only choose nice questions easy to answer in positive way.
Nothing about helping the game which suffers massive exodus of players to FOE.

Yesterday it was 1st anniversary of "less fights" in tournament idea (1-2 fights per province instead of 4) being officially submitted into the team.
They did no decisions in 365 days. Idea was submitted many times and was one of the most critical and important for players on all versions.

DeletedUser1953

I calculate 30-60 days to have enough orcs to 1 embassor research .... and Needles .... 265K orcs, the price are really insane.
Why the light ranged damage does not rise, it is ridiculous because when we add 2 military building (100% (base) + 2x50% + 50% (phoenix) + 40%) ... really 1% does matter ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhurrin

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far. Just to be clear about the word "nerf", before things are going to lead their own lifes: This is not a nerf to existent level caps, but less steep of an increase for future levels. This change in strategy will actually enable us to potentially keep providing more levels in the future, without getting to a point that will make the Ancient Wonders so overpowered that you have little else in your city.

I understand there needs to be some kind of balance but this is ridiculous. The GA will only increase coins which is at best secondary. Im swimming in coins already with way too few ways of having good use for them.
The ripoff saler isnt worth it and KPs are nice but limited, so coins are an utter waste considering the investment needed.
Same seems to go for most of the wonders; its the secondary effect that increases yet often almost useless at that point. For the incredible cost required that seems a very meager return of investment. Probably only worth it if one were to get to the point of having all of them at 30. Which for by far the greatest amount of players will be never.
I invested most in the 2 AWs I did bring to 30, the rest is not even close or not even built. But the GA and MM are and I see practically no reason on upping them for this extra benefit, it is far more advantageous to work on others that actually do give a better return when being upgraded.

Dhurrin

They do, but as I've explained before: Ancient Wonder levels are just a very small fraction of the total calculation for Spire difficulty.
The point is if they do count, even marginally, but do not give the full extra bonus that is yet another reason not to.