• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.105

iDavis

Some wonders with new levels do not have increased some of their values - for example Timewarp and it´s cooldown reduction (and some others too). Is that intended or just not implemented yet? If the first one, then upgrading some (even favorite) wonders to these level might be a point of consideration..

Dony

King of Bugs
its just wasted oportunity and zero balancing thoughts, wonder which boost only 1 power require same amount of KP then wonder with 2 boosted powers, nice balancing there

looks like ranking players will have new christmas, but for majority its useless addition

Lovec Krys

IF the cap is intended:
First you cap old sets. Now you cap wonders. What's next? You cap manufactories and workshops? (more levels but no increase in production?)

I realy hope it's just not finished.

Potvorisko

I wanted to upgrade my Golden abyss to 31 lvl, it is just fine, that I need more resources for that now, BUT there are just coins increased, not population effect. HUGE DISAPOINTMENT. Is this intended? If so, then give us at least another (third) efect, that starts from 31. lvl so it is worth the KP and resources...

Heymrdiedier

IF the cap is intended:
First you cap old sets. Now you cap wonders. What's next? You cap manufactories and workshops? (more levels but no increase in production?)

I realy hope it's just not finished.
makes perfect sense to me to, make the reductions at max 80%, if not you could end up with a reduction of over 100% (in other words free stuff every night) when the wonders get even higher level. and even getting it to 100% makes it so a game challenge gets fully nullified.

Lovec Krys

@Heymrdiedier There's no such problem with lv 35 - no wonder effect to/below 0 or to/over 100.
If that would be the case, then they should just leave level cap unchanged instead of having wonders with no or almost boosts.
All of this of course only if that's intended and not just unfinished.

Marindor

Hi everyone, we double checked and have some additional info now: The Sanctuary and Monastery are the only AW that didn't get higher levels and for some other AW not every effect gets improved, but each AW has at least one effect improved. I'll rephrase it a bit in the Release Notes to make it more clear as well.

Potvorisko

This is whole really bad joke...I went tghouh all wonders and they are incredibly expensive - that is not a problem. Problem is, that there is no increase for such effects as boosts for units - why? Why there are no more KP from Tomb of secret or Spire library after lvl 30? Is it that big problem to give us 7? And I could go on and on on almost all wonders, that have just one effect boosted and even that poor one is increased less per level that before...Shame.

There are not so many players, that have wonders around levels 30, but when they actually get there, they want to be rewarded for their effort, not to get slap into their faces...

Lovec Krys

So no reason to upgrade most wonders beyond lv 30 if you have others which are at lower levels then.
So what gets nerfed/capped next? Main hall, manufactories, workshops?

Brummbaer

Wow, it will take more than 3 months to produce this amount on Orcs with a profit of plus 8 % on goods.
It's a joke. Same for Abyss.

1589280121622.png

CrazyWizard

Hi everyone, we double checked and have some additional info now: The Sanctuary and Monastery are the only AW that didn't get higher levels and for some other AW not every effect gets improved, but each AW has at least one effect improved. I'll rephrase it a bit in the Release Notes to make it more clear as well.

Do we also get a reduced wonder penalty then in the spire?
Half the power should mean half the penalty

Angeduciel

upgrade costs for mountain hall and golden abyss are way too high!!! I was hoping the tooltip not showing any population gain was a mistake but it seems to be designed that way :(:(:( Please review these & rebalance costs if only one effect out of 2 is to be improved. It does not make any sense right now.

Lovec Krys

So neither Abyss or Mountain Hall goes over 30 then. The remaining bonuses are effective caps - it's the same as having wonder caps at 30.

@CrazyWizard Of course not, nerfing/capping goes only one direction not both.
@Angeduciel I think they'll balance it the same as they did May Tree - 0 chance for any changes.

Potvorisko

I understand, that some bonuses couldnt be more boosted, but it could be compensated simply by dubbling the remaining effect or giving us new one instead! But I do not understand why are units bonuses limited ať 40%...those could be highered, same as wholesaler bonus at Blooming traders guild, KP in Tomb of secred and spire library...

I do not understand why should be martial monastery limited in life bonus, when there are dwarven armories with 50% boost anyway...

The costs are high enough to limit our progres with wonders, so why nerf the effects...I am really angry and normaly I am the ok player, that do not complain about the bad changes by events or so...

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far. Just to be clear about the word "nerf", before things are going to lead their own lifes: This is not a nerf to existent level caps, but less steep of an increase for future levels. This change in strategy will actually enable us to potentially keep providing more levels in the future, without getting to a point that will make the Ancient Wonders so overpowered that you have little else in your city.

edeba

Wow, and I felt hard done by that I wasn't a high enough chapter to upgrade mine because I don't have sentinal goods. My thoughts HAD been, good strategy to push people moving slowly along, but not so... Super disappointed as well. I guess I'll keep to my pace.

I wanted to upgrade my Golden abyss to 31 lvl, it is just fine, that I need more resources for that now, BUT there are just coins increased, not population effect. HUGE DISAPOINTMENT. Is this intended? If so, then give us at least another (third) efect, that starts from 31. lvl so it is worth the KP and resources...