• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Reduce portal profit

DeletedUser2646

Good afternoon. On a live server, I went through a new race using Portal profit. For half a year I will accumulate them again. They fall too often. Maybe we should reduce their number? Now to complete the race is enough to build the portal. And only portal. Most people will soon be doing so in the new guest races. It's boring.

Karvest

That's your own fault that you ruined that part of your game, no one forced you to use PP to rush through the last chapter and start waiting for another few months doing nothing. You could disenchant them for spell fragments for example.
For others who don't like settlement part of the game - it is a good way around.
Reducing number of PP is not an option, since main purpose of them is to speed up mid-chapter players coming to later chapters and not to drop the game due to long and boring orcs etc.

SoggyShorts

@Rando Chapter 14 required about 20,000 settlement goods with a portal cap of 2200 so about 9 "fills"
I tried pretty hard to get Portal Profits since they were introduced and got about 700% total, still not enough to 100% the chapter.
If you did it 100% using instants, then you must have really focused on them and been in the top 1% of players with PP.
Asking for something to be nerfed because 1 % of players get too much use out of it isn't very reasonable imo.
I like that you were able to do it. There should be choices that matter in a game you chose to skip other prizes and go for PP, and having that choice is a good thing.

Edit:
Part of me thought that the PP was kinda game-breaking at first, but if you think about it, finishing a chapter quickly isn't that great. Certainly not as good as getting 50 expansions worth of production from winter set buildings. Inno is not the greatest when it comes to balance, so as long as we get multiple choices of overpowerd stuff maybe it's ok.

Loki Blue

My Portal Profit gives me 80 Shrooms of Wisdom. I need 6,500 Shrooms of Wisdom (along with a ton of other items) to complete O&G at this point. Trust me, my pittance from Portal Profit is not going to help me do that any faster. :p

I think this is a case of 'don't worry about what's going on in your neighbor's backyard...worry about what the dogs are doing in yours.' Or something. I'm tired, leave me alone. Where'd I put the ice cream?

@SoggyShorts Is this your cake?

Heymrdiedier

im pretty sure they added the high amount of PP so the low chapter players could catch up to the end players faster.
I made suggestions to speed that process up in the past (increasing portalbonus for older chapters) which they didnt implement but they came up with this, wich is a good solution to me.
if that was the main goal, then i dont think they should reduce the amount of getting them.

I could also rush through this chapter if i wanted too, but i decided to only use the PP spells if i get stuck on researchtree when waiting on guestrace goods.
That way suits me fine, its fast enough but not too fast that im done with the chapter in a week.

edeba

My account on beta is a lower chapter and it still takes a long time to upgrade the portal. You don't get any of the stuff you need from the portal profits. They are pretty nice for just getting what you need once you've filled in the KP and that varies with how much space used for the guest race.

im pretty sure they added the high amount of PP so the low chapter players could catch up to the end players faster.
I made suggestions to speed that process up in the past (increasing portalbonus for older chapters) which they didnt implement but they came up with this, wich is a good solution to me.
if that was the main goal, then i dont think they should reduce the amount of getting them.

I could also rush through this chapter if i wanted too, but i decided to only use the PP spells if i get stuck on researchtree when waiting on guestrace goods.
That way suits me fine, its fast enough but not too fast that im done with the chapter in a week.

Heymrdiedier

My account on beta is a lower chapter and it still takes a long time to upgrade the portal. You don't get any of the stuff you need from the portal profits. They are pretty nice for just getting what you need once you've filled in the KP and that varies with how much space used for the guest race.
well you shouldnt be using PP to upgrade your portal, thats a bit of a waste. It takes about 90% in PP to upgrade your portal 1 level, so 270% in total just to get it to max. Once your portal is maxed that 270% can be a lot more usefull for research.
But ofcourse if you want to go superfast, thats still possible.

edeba

I think it is better to upgrade the portal first. You make lot more stuff once it is upgraded. But you can't upgrade the portal with them in fairies.

well you shouldnt be using PP to upgrade your portal, thats a bit of a waste. It takes about 90% in PP to upgrade your portal 1 level, so 270% in total just to get it to max. Once your portal is maxed that 270% can be a lot more usefull for research.
But ofcourse if you want to go superfast, thats still possible.

SoggyShorts

you shouldnt be using PP to upgrade your portal, thats a bit of a waste.
I think it is better to upgrade the portal first. You make lot more stuff once it is upgraded.
There was a bit of a discussion about this in another thread, and for constructs, I went full portal because I was going full settlement really fast using timers.
Grinding out the 4 layers of production to upgrade the portal naturally would have taken a very long time and I had a few hundred KP saved up. (When a new guest race hits Beta I stop spending KP on Live)

Marindor

Looking at the current game balance and the value of the Portal Profit spells, we do not intend to lower the amounts you get in general. Of course, for each event/feature a new consideration will be made, but for now I'll have to archive this thread :)