• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Reduce Level 1 Marble, Plank and Steel FActory construction time to 10s

CrazyWizard

hahaha anoyed building 500 T1 with a limited number of builders?

at least I heared some people where building between 200 and 500 T1 buildings.

Lelanya

Lol right? Because our builders are occupied upgrading our tier 1 factories and workshops.

Pauly7

I agree. I understand there being a time spent waiting for something to build, but that shouldn't really apply when you're trying to put a fellowship adventure layout into place.

For new players, waiting 10 seconds or 40 seconds for their first manufactories to be built will make no material difference, but fellowship adventurers building hundreds of the things are greatly inconvenienced.

If they don't want to mess with the new players' game experience, then they could make it so that L1 manu build times are reduced to 10 seconds once you reach chapter 2.

CrazyWizard

I agree. I understand there being a time spent waiting for something to build, but that shouldn't really apply when you're trying to put a fellowship adventure layout into place.

For new players, waiting 10 seconds or 40 seconds for their first manufactories to be built will make no material difference, but fellowship adventurers building hundreds of the things are greatly inconvenienced.

If they don't want to mess with the new players' game experience, then they could make it so that L1 manu build times are reduced to 10 seconds once you reach chapter 2.

I think with the recent changes they have made there goal was to diversify the FA, and stop the madness of L1 buildings.
So this requested change does make no sense, it's horrible and you don't like working hours on placing 200-500 buildings?

Then do not do it, it makes total sense. I think if they could they would rather make it 1 hour instead of 10 seconds.

SoggyShorts

So this requested change does make no sense, it's horrible and you don't like working hours on placing 200-500 buildings?
Then do not do it, it makes total sense. I think if they could they would rather make it 1 hour instead of 10 seconds.
No, that's illogical and I know you are better than making a suggestion of
"If you don't like this feature, don't participate in the content"
If something in the game sucks the answer is to fix or at least improve it, not to ignore it.

little bee

If something in the game sucks the answer is to fix or at least improve it, not to ignore it.
Yes, they should fix players trying to build 200+ lv. 1 manufactories. And I'm pretty shure that the new residue and bracelet badges are supposed to do exactly that. But somehow you don't seem to like those.

SoggyShorts

But somehow you don't seem to like those.
Because I could tell that they were unbalanced. This was made clear to you in other threads, and evidently the developers also realized it and it has been addressed by the developers twice now by reducing the amount needed.
they should fix players trying to build 200+ lv. 1 manufactories.
Sheesh. You guys have forfeited any right to complain about anything in the game ever again. How is inno supposed to care about improving anything with your nitpicking and irrelevant crap?

I mean It says right in the original post "until more interesting badges replace the necklaces and statues" so how exactly do you think you are helping when you say they should fix that part?

Again, until it is fixed, it can at least be improved with a simple table adjustment that takes under a minute.
As far as this idea goes, it doesn't matter if it's 2 or 200 buildings, the 40s is not necessary and should be reduced.

CrazyWizard

Because I could tell that they were unbalanced. This was made clear to you in other threads, and evidently the developers also realized it and it has been addressed by the developers twice now by reducing the amount needed.

Sheesh. You guys have forfeited any right to complain about anything in the game ever again. How is inno supposed to care about improving anything with your nitpicking and irrelevant crap?

I mean It says right in the original post "until more interesting badges replace the necklaces and statues" so how exactly do you think you are helping when you say they should fix that part?

Again, until it is fixed, it can at least be improved with a simple table adjustment that takes under a minute.
As far as this idea goes, it doesn't matter if it's 2 or 200 buildings, the 40s is not necessary and should be reduced.

We have complained for as long as the FA existed that it was boring and that the concept of destroying your town to win was a crazy thing that should not exist. whole towns with level 1 shops should not be the way to go

You now as for an easier way to do just that, they should work on ways to stop the nutcase FA plays, and make it fun. not supporting whole cities filled with level 1 factories and workshops. this is not "improving" the game.

the step they took the last FA was a good step in the right directions, but it still need more steps.
The fact that we still see these crazy towns is a clear sign of this.
Also we have seen a lot of opposition from some to these changes (which makes sense since this game is targetted als "older" people. and the older you get the more you dislike change.)

so lets not change factory build times to 10 seconds, instead find new ways to replace these nutcase incentives for something better. lets suggest things they could replace these level 1 factory madness with instead so that as some point all of us can enjoy and compete in the FA without total annihalation of our cities.

little bee

And I have shown you plenty of calculations that show they are unbalanced exclusively when competing for top 10. The same is true for lv. 1 manufactories. Lets assume a fellowship wants to finish all 3 path and nothing more. Then they need 161 Necklaces and 182 statues. Assuming they do not start any productions befor the FA and have thus have 6 days for the badges, this will require a total of 202 manufactories. Even with only 10 members making all the necklaces and statues, building those 20 manufactories only takes 7 minutes with two builders.
So as long as you don't overdo it, the 40s are no problem.

SoggyShorts

building those 20 manufactories only takes 7 minutes with two builders.
2 minutes would be better than 7, especially when it's something as tedious as staring at the screen for 40s 5x in a row.
Do you honestly think that it makes the game better?
so lets not change factory build times to 10 seconds, instead find new ways to replace these nutcase incentives for something better. lets suggest things they could replace these level 1 factory madness with instead so that as some point all of us can enjoy and compete in the FA without total annihalation of our cities.
Ok, go for it. What do you suggest?

CrazyWizard

2 minutes would be better than 7, especially when it's something as tedious as staring at the screen for 40s 5x in a row.
Do you honestly think that it makes the game better?

Ok, go for it. What do you suggest?
Give x times neighbourly help.

edit: another one: turn workshops in workshops into workshoplevels. so a level 23 workshop outputs 23 beverages (premium twice there chapter +4)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Give x times neighbourly help.
Pretty heavily favors advanced & older players, but not a terrible idea for a badge.
It's already used in events though, so that's nothing new and doesn't help there at all.
turn workshops in workshops into workshoplevels. so a level 23 workshop outputs 23 beverages (premium twice there chapter +4)
WAY beyond inno's programming ability.
Also again favors advanced players quite heavily.
My 4 level 35 workshops make 140 beverages
A newer player's 6 workshops make 60? Less?

satchmo33

turn workshops in workshops into workshoplevels. so a level 23 workshop outputs 23 beverages (premium twice there chapter +4)

ooooo - I LIKE that one!

Enevhar Aldarion

Why just the tier 1 factories? In general, all factories at level 1 should take 10 seconds to build, just like the workshops. This way, it will not look like you are just trying to get an advantage for the FA.

As for the level of a workshop being worth extra productions, it can be done, since they already have done that with magic workshop productions for events. If Inno wanted to make extra diamond sales, they should transfer that ability for magic workshops over to the FA. I can't remember what the multiplier was for those events, but even just double production means one MW counts as two for a blacksmith or a farmers. That would be nice and I don't care if that gives a little advantage to the big spenders.

SoggyShorts

Why just the tier 1 factories ?
Because quests and badges only ask for tier 1.
all factories at level 1 should take 10 seconds to build, just like the workshops. This way, it will not look like you are just trying to get an advantage for the FA.
I'm not trying to pull one over on inno, my motivation for wanting this improvement should be pretty clear:
  • Currently, events and adventures promote the construction of several level 1 workshops and Tier one factories.
  • Watching level one buildings get built isn't fun.
  • I want it to go by faster.
  • This will not give me nor anyone else "an advantage" in the FA or events.
  • It won't change what I do in any way, but it will slightly increase my enjoyment.

CrazyWizard

Pretty heavily favors advanced & older players, but not a terrible idea for a badge.
It's already used in events though, so that's nothing new and doesn't help there at all.
it's new for FA, and x is there for a reason, you can base the x on a chapter for example.

WAY beyond inno's programming ability.
Also again favors advanced players quite heavily.
My 4 level 35 workshops make 140 beverages
A newer player's 6 workshops make 60? Less?
not really, they did some work before when they asked leveled workshops in events.
Premium was changed to double.

but feel free to make your own suggestions.

SoggyShorts

but feel free to make your own suggestions.
There really aren't any good quest/badge ideas that will satisfy this community.

Too many have too strong of opposite feelings.
Challenge vs Casual
Group vs Solo
etc

Changes and ideas here get shot down far more often than they get any support. It's the same 7-8 players on the forums and no one is willing to budge.

Add to that the stubbornness/laziness of the developers and there's honestly not much point in asking for anything that will take more than 5 minutes of effort from them, and even things like that get shot down apparently.

Good luck.

galrond

I think it would be a very strange signal to send, if they reduced the buildtime of L1 T1 factories to 10s.
They made this new FA format, and one of the results was less incentment to tear down your town and build T1 buildings, due to other badges being bottlenecs.
Then they (after hefty complaints) lessened the bottleneck effect of residue and bracelets. I applaud this, and think INNO should be acknowled for listening (for once). But the responce is: it´s too annoying to demolish our city and build L1 T1 factories, when necklesses/statues badges are more needed again o_O
Damn it ain´t easy being INNO. Whatever they do ppl complain, that they spoil the joy of playing.
Right now many guilds on DK live server plan to boykot FA, due to the demand to do spire/tournament and get relics :eek:
I was VERY suprised, when I read this. But that just shows ppl have extreamly different views on what the game is all about, as I have told you again and again to no avail :rolleyes:
Back to topic:
I don´t want INNO to encourage "demolish city and build L1 buildings" in any way.
If they reduced the buildtime of L1 factories, then it should be becourse they think it would be good for general gameplay. NOT to promote "unnatual" cityplanning to accomodate FA :mad:
If I had my way, all "make X timed productions in factories/workshops" would be removed from events, and be replaced with "get XXX resources/troops depending on chapter only", give NH, get relics, complete encounters (map/spire/tournament),and other "ordinary" gameplay things.
Yes it would be hard for small players to amass large amounts of "NH" badges, due to fewer contacts on map. But how does that differ from their ability to amass large amounts of statues/smiths/necklesses, due to fewer unlocked cityexpansions? In my book the problems are simular:p