• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

recommend ancient wonders plz?

DeletedUser762

Guys, could you tell me what would you recommend to build, what do you wish for?
I obviously have mountain halls, lighthouse, monastery and now build Bulwark (very happy about it, thought i'd never get it, but got runes on this summer event). so, now I kinda looed at all others, and nothing really tickles my fancy. The look some kind of lame. I am very close to prosperity towers, just one rune to go, so if I can forge one rune I'll get it. But could you tell me, what is it you recommend, or really wish for yourselves?

CrazyWizard

I reccoment to build something you like, either because it looks pretty or becuse it's good.
Without knowing your play style how can we give an advise?

so what are you looking for at a wonder.

DeletedUser283

too many losses in the battlefield ? monastery is for you, and it provides culture on top

want ot produce more goods ? go for the Mountain hall, combined with the relics boost you can get from the tournaments, you may even save on one extra manufactory, and it gives population as well

problems with received NH ? lighthouse/bellspire can help

want to train more troops at once ? bullwark will do it, and its free light mele units are excellent cannon fodder
- hint : tournmanent encounter with at least 1 cannon on the other side : 1 squad of sword acrobats, 2 squads of golems, 2 squads of sorcs, here we go!

barracks are too slow ? (aren't they terribly slow ?)
needles of tempest are good and with small footprint

not enough supplies ? go for the prosperity towers

trading partners are far away on the map ? blooming trader guild will lighten the burden

want something that acts as a residence, gives population and coins like a residence, but never asks for culture and has size and footprint that stay put?
golden abyss is the answer

wish to enlarge your ... total score o_O (hey, what did you expect ?) ? thrones of the high men

want a cultural building that is small, and evolves with time instead of having to be deleted and replaced with something new every now and then ? watchtower ruins can do

nedd more orcs (who needs more orcs :( ? ) and better heavy melee ? heroes forge

need more archers and even more training squad size ? shrine of shrewdy shrooms (try and pronounce it very quickly :p )

confused ? go for the ones I did not mention :D

DeletedUser762

no guys i'd like to see what you want.. what do u wish for? one thing is I don't want is the one that provides the ranking, it is a totally usless building, why do I need it anyway, totaly stupid, unless u have a problem with narcissism lol . but can u tell me your desires? because whatever I have seen just didnt do it for me, all buildings seem soo lame. so let me know what u wish for.. what do you aim for now? exluding bulwark, mountain halls, monastery and lighthouse

DeletedUser283

I have needles of tempest because I wanted it :)
I plan to have (someday...) proseprity towers, golden abyss, and maybe watchtower ruins and blooming trader guild
it all depends on the space I can devote to these (and there is none so far)
not decided yet on the orc wonders, that I have not unlocked anyway
wonders are a slow process ;)

DeletedUser

If nothing tickles your fancy, by all means, don't build one! Keep upgrading the ones you have so they become most powerful, or until the game progresses to the Age after Orcs and we see what's going to happen with space. From an effectiveness point of view, there's just no point in having a low level Wonder.

The Watchtower from Level 7 is excellet culture, and from Level 10 up is the highest yielding large culture building (including the premiums, except the swamp thing)

Prosperity Tower is beautiful with the cascades, and I wouldn't survive without the supplies.

DeletedUser594

Problem with those wonders is the space those buildings use and space is
an issue Inno keeps us on the small side! I would suggest to try to avoid
any of those buildings at the start of the game and try to run the game
'till well into having things sorted! I've only built 3 of them and one of them is
more or less useless....................

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1095

I'm saving up for Prosperity Tower (one rune to go) but I like the look of the Tome of Secrets, which no one ever seems to mention as a worthwhile wonder.

DeletedUser

If You can afford 4x4 space then is ok to build. But do not put any KP into it.

DeletedUser594

It might be a surprise to some players, but this game can be played
successfully without any of them there WB! (wink, wink, say no more!!)

Lissona

@mistique: you remember our discussion about the requirements of the guest races? As I don't think the requirements for progressing in the tech tree will become much more easier in the future, this AW really helps a lot in getting guest race goods in a shorter time/with less base goods.

DeletedUser1513

Phil,

Your needle of tempest at level 4 gives +25%boost on your barracks at level 19, (875% boost); How will these accumulate (Will they add or multiply eachother)
Probably a stupid question, because knowing Inno they will probably add...
So at level 21 where you have 1156% boost the +25% will be really ignorable. Correct?

DeletedUser

#Jouchka

I know what you're saying about the Needle..by level 10 the return is measurable but small. But we may need to be reading between the lines here:

There's the improved Bulwark (the only Wonder ever modified per request). Now an Orc Wonder making 2nd type units for free. Plus the Needle. And the 2nd Orc Wonder is military. Plus they're reworking the fighting. So, are they working towards increased fighting?

The Merc Camp is also important to consider: it's a production building that doesn't produce anything. It just allows us to add Fairy Units to the one existing production Queue (Barracks). I think this went right by most players! When they see all their fighting units in one queue they're likely to fuss - at least on the US server. Anyway, if we're relying solely one one production Queue as the sole linear source of all our fighting units...then any percentage of improvement helps (even if its stingy like the Needle). And if the first and second fighter units become useful, the player with a Bulwark and Forge will be ahead in the fighting game.

DeletedUser283

Phil,

Your needles of tempest at level 4 give +25%boost on your barracks at level 19, (875% boost); How will these accumulate (Will they add or multiply eachother)
Probably a stupid question, because knowing Inno they will probably add...
So at level 21 where you have 1156% boost the +25% will be really ignorable. Correct?

correct indeed
each level of the needles substracts approx. 1 minute from the time needed to train a complete battlefield squad (I checked it because I have enough armory power to do so ;) ),
[edit]
that is after level 1 allows to gain 5 minutes approx
[/edit]

now at level 4, we are getting 8 minutes out of 4 hours; this may seem ridiculous (and it actually is) but I would do anything to speed up those sluggish barracks ;)
(and I have not upgraded them yet to orc levels, having not unlocked the tech)
but I love those needles nevertheless, and they look cool too :D
level 5 is on the radar screen ...

Last edited by a moderator: