• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Recent developments (bugs, errors and poor customer policy)

Dorfl the Clay

Players (and moderators?) need a direct way to get in contact with whoever is in charge of the developers.. I bet they are not aware of the amount of mistakes and the mess the dev's have been creating lately! After all, Inno has a worldwide (!) reputation to maintain.. they didn't grow as big as the are by sloppy programming and/or poor customer service!

Lelanya

But the OP was asking for information regarding those who  oversee the Development team. That's not quite the same thing as the route by which you are passing feedback. And since you are so diligent to pass on our feedback, it would  appear that no one is overly concerned about the player base on Beta. :rolleyes:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
But the OP was asking for information regarding those who  oversee the Development team.

My assumption was that the feedback from here reaches also as far as the product management, who would ultimately be the ones in charge of the development of the game. I will try to verify whether this is indeed the case, and let you know.

cancermage

Which is why they have community managers and forum moderators standing between the users and themselves. I am a programmer which is why I can assure you that most of these recent bugs are caused by insufficient ALPHA testing. It may be a monetary thing but if that is true then they are costing themselves oney spent by PLAYERS by not getting their act together!!!

Earwen1

You shouldn't post personal details of persons here.
Even though they are publicly available.
_________
Edit: Tuesday 14th March:
This post was a reply to another post that has been deleted by someone and I have no idea by who or when that happened.
This explains why this post is now somewhat off-topic.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4240

Inno’s upper management business email addresses are not personal.
It’s perfectly legit and normal for us to know about. These are the people in charge of developers, not “lower level employees”.
These are also the people who are suppose to be contacted about their products and anything to do business matters. That’s why it’s out there publicly. This is normal knowledge for any company. Remember phone books? All of the names listed above would be publicly available there too.

Edited by: Amy Steele
Reason: Inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazel Caballus

For me, a big advantage of the Beta Forum compared to the DE forum has always been that Beta allowed for open criticism and discussions. It seems to me that this has come to an end.

Increasing censorship is an unmistakable sign of this.

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Elvenar Community,

We'd like to recognize that our Beta community has recently gone through some problems that led to doubts being raised about the purpose of Elvenar Beta and its role in shaping the game's overall quality.

It is important for us to emphasize that it has been playing an instrumental role in making the game more enjoyable and stable for everyone who plays outside of Beta.

We want to also make it clear that due to its nature, playing here will always come with a large risk of coming across all kinds of predictable or unpredictable issues. Beta will break again, and it will happen many times, even if we do our best to only release reasonably well-functioning software. We'd like to take this opportunity to emphasize that it should not be considered a fully stable environment. Beta is here for everyone who wants to try new things before anyone else, but please consider that it comes with exposure to bugs.

It's possible that we have not made it clear to you recently, but there is a measurable impact coming from the number of problems that have been reported here and could be fixed before live releases. It's also true that some issues could not be fixed on time. For that, we are really sorry, and we try to avoid it as much as we can. You have been and are actively contributing to the game's quality, and we really appreciate it. We are sorry to hear that some of you have felt like we're not interested in Beta. We are, and if we have made you feel otherwise, it was not our intention.

Among the ideas and suggestions that have been shared while discussing this subject, was the proposal of messaging some of the members of our development teams or management directly. This came with the unfortunate situation where email addresses containing the real names of some of our employees have been shared here in the forums. We ask you to avoid posting any email addresses - business ones or otherwise - in the future. Our developers are in charge of coding the game, and our product team makes decisions about the direction in which they take Elvenar. It is not expected of them to take part in direct communication with anyone. While many of them actively read this very forum on their own time, we ask you to respect their choice to not engage actively.

In any case, all members of the development team as well as their supervisors have convenient and full access to your feedback. Either directly, or as collected from channels such as forums and other social media (by moderators, supporters, Community Managers...), and they use it to make better and more informed decisions.

We recognize that the way we have handled some of the most recent problems (e.g. the problems related to Diamonds) could have been better, and we see quite some room for improvement. We are sorry that some of it was lacking, and will look into adjustments so that our processes and communication better fit your expectations in the future.

Thank you again for helping us with all your reports and feedback. We always love to hear from you and we always appreciate your contributions - we hope we are making it clear today.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

cancermage

Dear Elvenar Community,

We'd like to recognize that our Beta community has recently gone through some problems that led to doubts being raised about the purpose of Elvenar Beta and its role in shaping the game's overall quality.

It is important for us to emphasize that it has been playing an instrumental role in making the game more enjoyable and stable for everyone who plays outside of Beta.

We want to also make it clear that due to its nature, playing here will always come with a large risk of coming across all kinds of predictable or unpredictable issues. Beta will break again, and it will happen many times, even if we do our best to only release reasonably well-functioning software. We'd like to take this opportunity to emphasize that it should not be considered a fully stable environment. Beta is here for everyone who wants to try new things before anyone else, but please consider that it comes with exposure to bugs.

It's possible that we have not made it clear to you recently, but there is a measurable impact coming from the number of problems that have been reported here and could be fixed before live releases. It's also true that some issues could not be fixed on time. For that, we are really sorry, and we try to avoid it as much as we can. You have been and are actively contributing to the game's quality, and we really appreciate it. We are sorry to hear that some of you have felt like we're not interested in Beta. We are, and if we have made you feel otherwise, it was not our intention.

Among the ideas and suggestions that have been shared while discussing this subject, was the proposal of messaging some of the members of our development teams or management directly. This came with the unfortunate situation where email addresses containing the real names of some of our employees have been shared here in the forums. We ask you to avoid posting any email addresses - business ones or otherwise - in the future. Our developers are in charge of coding the game, and our product team makes decisions about the direction in which they take Elvenar. It is not expected of them to take part in direct communication with anyone. While many of them actively read this very forum on their own time, we ask you to respect their choice to not engage actively.

In any case, all members of the development team as well as their supervisors have convenient and full access to your feedback. Either directly, or as collected from channels such as forums and other social media (by moderators, supporters, Community Managers...), and they use it to make better and more informed decisions.

We recognize that the way we have handled some of the most recent problems (e.g. the problems related to Diamonds) could have been better, and we see quite some room for improvement. We are sorry that some of it was lacking, and will look into adjustments so that our processes and communication better fit your expectations in the future.

Thank you again for helping us with all your reports and feedback. We always love to hear from you and we always appreciate your contributions - we hope we are making it clear today.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
and again the devs/owners will not respond directly!!! i used to spend money on both live and beta!! not anymore!! the latest problem?? yesterday the fs upped the free akp perk from 6 to 7 points!! TODAY WHEN WE DONATE IT STILL SHOWS AS 6 POINTS !?!?!?!?!?!

Enevhar Aldarion

and again the devs/owners will not respond directly!!! i used to spend money on both live and beta!! not anymore!! the latest problem?? yesterday the fs upped the free akp perk from 6 to 7 points!! TODAY WHEN WE DONATE IT STILL SHOWS AS 6 POINTS !?!?!?!?!?!

That is normal. The increase for that perk never goes into effect until the start of the next game day.

cancermage

it was done yesterday.main point is still getting a direct response from devs/owners. i hope they pay the community managers/moderators well for covering for them

Lelanya

it was done yesterday.main point is still getting a direct response from devs/owners. i hope they pay the community managers/moderators well for covering for them
I doubt that. The mods may get diamonds for their cities. The CMs get a flat rate per month. I considered applying, if it was a living wage, prior to runaway inflation. It's not.