• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Reaction time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser205

this evening like yesterday evening the reaction time to any click and scrolling is several seconds (sometimes up to 10 and more seconds).
Although wrong windows are opening, e.g. a workshopwindow if I click on my crystalfactory (my workshops are far away, it cannot be a missing of the right triggerpoint).

I didn't experience that during the day today.
I don't have problems with other browsergames this evening (and yesterday evening).
newstarts of game didn't help.

This sounds like the effects of a memory leak. Could that be the case? When do you have these problems exactly? E.g. when you're visiting neighbors to motivate/boost their buildings?

DeletedUser205

these problems happened with every click and scroll, although on worldmap and in the trader.
This morning everything was ok, it was the case yesterday evening and on the evening the day before.
I will inform you what will happen coming evening.

DeletedUser205

as promised here my report from 22h german time: clearly slowed down reaction (all sort of clicks and scrolling) although not as bad as yesterday evening.
but slow enough to disturb playing very much, e.g. wrong started productiontimes because you can't guess where and when your click counts.

yesterday the sound was to hear always clearly seconds before the graphic reaction,
today the sound is somehow shortend at the end, it sounds like hiccough but the sound is near together with graphic reaction (not absolutly syncron)

DeletedUser205

report from today morning about 9h: everything works well again, no wrong windows, no long reactiontime.

I wonder why nobody confirmes to have similar experiences

DeletedUser

I had similar problems yesterday: I visited neighbors and sometimes the scrolling was influent, actually, the game froze for several seconds, scrolled again for a few pixels, froze again and so on. The only counter-measure is to re-login but the issue repeated in 2 or 3 cases yesterday. I didn't have the problem today but I didn't help any neighbors yet. I can't tell you how to reproduce the issue or how to avoid it.

There's nothing wrong with sorellas PC, I guess. Is it possible that there is some kind of leak in the software, some rarely executed code lines that work inefficient and dramatically slow down the game?

DeletedUser205

In case that I have that problem with Elvenar on other PCs and tablet too in the evenings, but no problem with other games etc. (comparable e.g. Siedler online). My WLAN is checked and absolutly correct and very fast. I'm very sure that it is not a problem of my Hard/Software or wlan-connection.

DeletedUser205

report from 22:30h german time this evening: better than the last evenings but not correct. again often some seconds reaction time while clicking to collect supplies, goods and coins. trader was ok. sounds with hiccough sometimes and not always syncron.

I will stop now my reports because that are enough examples of experience.
Decided to stop going online in this game in the evenings, because the described problems add up to the boring of no content for advanced players. I'm really fed up to collect useless goods against reactiontime like chewinggum :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had no further occurences of this bug - it did not happen for me since Tuesday. Today I visited dozens of neighbors without any long reaction times, but I experienced another bug when visiting the last neighbor, see this post if you're interested: [4474] Black screen after visiting neighbours

Thanks for the information, all. This indeed very much sounds like a memory leak, which has been forwarded already. The most noticeable cause is indeed the one @Retsam linked to in the post above mine. These issues have been forwarded, and we hope to be able to offer a solution soon, but we currently have no date on when to expect a fix for this issue, unfortunately. :)

We will mark this thread a duplicate, as it has already been reported. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.