• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Raw material bottlenecks

DeletedUser269

Because of the huge production boosts, I assume supposed strategy of getting tier 1 materials is specialization and trading. The amounts of resources required seem to be balanced for that.

Unfortunately, either due to a design flaw or a stroke of bad luck, noone in my neighbourhood produces anything else, but steel. It severely hinders my progress, since I have to produce other goods without a boost or buy them from wholesaler. What worries me is this: we are currently in beta. Every single player has shown at least a decent amount of interest in this game in order to secure a key. Live version is bound to have many more inactive accounts, limiting trade possibilities even more.

Please consider increasing possible trade range significantly, even having to pay the merchant fee for trades with undiscovered players won't hurt as much as not being able to trade at all.

DeletedUser

Sad. Most of my surruonding neighbors are inactive or very little active, although I've been blessed with a handful of active, helpful players relatively close to me.

DeletedUser231

I have tried to write many players around me, just to chat. But only one ever bothered to answer back. I help everyone but only about half respond back.

DeletedUser

The neighbour thing is an issue indeed, and when those who are active produce the same boosted good as you, you're in big trouble. I do believe that inactive players will be removed after a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser

I have tried to write many players around me, just to chat. But only one ever bothered to answer back. I help everyone but only about half respond back.

Half of them help you back?? You're lucky then, compared to me. 22 neighbors right now I think, and only 5-6 help me back. And I don't mean on a regular basis, but EVER.

DeletedUser58

23 neighbors and I get 3 visits a day at most. I'm not that worried about the visits either, it's lack of trading that's an issue for me. As the costs go up for everything it's harder and harder to get the goods because no one's trading. I've had a certain quest for at least a few days now because I can't complete the requirement due to lack of goods.

DeletedUser

23 neighbors and I get 3 visits a day at most. I'm not that worried about the visits either, it's lack of trading that's an issue for me. As the costs go up for everything it's harder and harder to get the goods because no one's trading. I've had a certain quest for at least a few days now because I can't complete the requirement due to lack of goods.

That sucks. Think you might have to resort to produce unboosted goods?

DeletedUser58

What I've been doing for the past week is A) set up 300 steel for 200 planks and 200 marble trades, they eventually get picked up after a few days but I'm assuming by someone who pays a trader fee because anything with a higher ratio doesn't get picked up at all and they only pick up a trade or two at most B) use wholesaler trading whenever I have some extra coin/supplies C) try to produce unboosted goods (was lacking space to do more of this).

Costs are just way too excessive at this point if you're lacking a trading partner. The quest I got stuck on is researching advanced barracks and having a level 6 barracks --- I didn't have that research done and my barracks was at level 4. To research that, and then to upgrade from level 4 to level 5 and then to level 6, you need about 2000 of each goods type (give or take some). We desperately need more trading options, increasing the trade range should hopefully help us and prevent getting stuck like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1. Lack of tradeable raw materials is killing me now. Either none of my neighbours sell wood, or it is bieng grabbed the moment that it hits the market.

Thw wholesaler needs to drop his prices and the +50% markup fee for undiscovered players should be suspended until we get more active players.

ThaMartin

+1 . I'm producing Marble and so is like all of my neighbourhood. This makes trading almost impossible, unfortunately.

DeletedUser

+1 . I'm producing Marble and so is like all of my neighbourhood. This makes trading almost impossible, unfortunately.

This seems to be the main issue, it seems as though everyone is producing boosted steel. Shouldn't there of been a randomizing feature of what boosted item each player gets? Whoever thought it was a good idea that everyone around me is producing the same boosted item made a big mistake, very little trading, if any, is going on.

DeletedUser

I've a boosted planks production, but it's too hard to produce enough to trade and research things... At this point I have a shortage of planks because of that. And my neighbors only offer trades where I've to pay planks. So I'm stuck at this moment.

DeletedUser326

I've a boosted planks production, but it's too hard to produce enough to trade and research things... At this point I have a shortage of planks because of that. And my neighbors only offer trades where I've to pay planks. So I'm stuck at this moment.
I think you do something wrong then. I have boosted Planks too and i produce nearly 5 times the amount i Need for myself - nearly 700 a day. The real bottleneck are the goods you can't produce yourself boosted and knowledge Points because you get them much much slower cause of the difficulty of the Encounters.

DeletedUser

I think you do something wrong then. I have boosted Planks too and i produce nearly 5 times the amount i Need for myself - nearly 700 a day. The real bottleneck are the goods you can't produce yourself boosted and knowledge Points because you get them much much slower cause of the difficulty of the Encounters.

I did start wrong, and I just discovered that a few days ago. At that point it's quite hard to change it but I'm working on it.
But indeed the difficulty of encounters is a real problem. It would be better if you could take them multiple encounters

DeletedUser

In my neighbourhood we mostly produce planks sor any offer wanting planks gets taken right away,

Maybe they could add a second range with a secoond trader fee, even a third, because as of now wholesaler for good is 5:1, where as current zone unexplored trader fee makes it 1.5:1, there is lot of room for a trader fee according too distance.

DeletedUser126

Easiest way is to increase trade range, but more interesting way would be to make a trade convoy system :)