• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[New Feature] Ranking Upgrade

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser126

Summary
Implement extra ranking lists.

Description
I think the ranking needs more information that it has right now. Some additional rankings like:

- Total battles fought/won/lost
- Research advancement (points)
- Explored Regions
- Ancient Wonder levels

Motivation
Player engagement - People love numbers and love to compete so decent ranking system is a must and there are many other things that can be added to rankings :)

Possible downsides
This means having to collect more data, which could negatively impact game performances.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58

Thumbs up from me, I feel a single ranking isn't very motivational to keep me working hard and advance --- the top ranks are hard to crack (I've been in top 20 for who knows how long now and can't seem to make progress :p) so I think having another way or two to compete would be good.

Other ideas for ranking could be amount of Relics one owns, or even something like required minus provided culture.

DeletedUser

thumbs up for more rankings - good idea!

many possibilites: total culture, total population, army size, etc.

DeletedUser

Sure, more ranking stats are better. The more you can show off how awesome you are, the better. This will also give diamond sales a massive boost cause many people are willing to spend some hard cash on it, just to become the best of the best.

DeletedUser

Total battles fought/won/lost

Battles Won / lost ranking actually will not be a good thing in this game when its all about map battles IMHO... atleast for a player like me ...Almost all the battles i enter, I surrender the first time without even fighting ... I do that to check the various possibilities for my units, the obstacles on the map and the position of the opponents ... Sometimes I surrender many times to get the my units in correct position to move freely ...So if at all we have a win / loss ranking it would end up showing I have lost a lot of battles compared to what I won whereas thats not the reality ... I hardly lose any :p ...One battle i lose i cry over it for days :D .... Maybe a ranking based on points from the battle which is calculated on the number of units survived, damaged and dead only from the battles won sounds better to me ...;)

Anyways +1 for the main idea that says we would like to see additional rankings in the game ...

DeletedUser967

Good idea :) But do not exaggerate, we like numbers but not much numbers :p
- Total battles fought/won/lost ( OF COURSE! )
- Research advancemen ( better option could be your stage - not points, devs should named actually stages from tree and in ranking this information should appear )
- Explored Regions ( hmmm, I can imagine our trolls in future "you are noob! i have more regions! :D; but that's good )

Shortly, win/lost fights, actually stage, how many regions we explored and how many provinces we conquered. Maybe some ranking like trader, builder, researcher could be good but for 1 options - weekly, month and main rnaking for that all ranking options.

DeletedUser

Battles Won / lost ranking actually will not be a good thing in this game when its all about map battles IMHO... atleast for a player like me ...Almost all the battles i enter, I surrender the first time without even fighting ... I do that to check the various possibilities for my units, the obstacles on the map and the position of the opponents ... Sometimes I surrender many times to get the my units in correct position to move freely ...So if at all we have a win / loss ranking it would end up showing I have lost a lot of battles compared to what I won whereas thats not the reality ... I hardly lose any :p ...One battle i lose i cry over it for days :D .... Maybe a ranking based on points from the battle which is calculated on the number of units survived, damaged and dead only from the battles won sounds better to me ...;)

Anyways +1 for the main idea that says we would like to see additional rankings in the game ...
You're right!

DeletedUser651

I absolutely agree! The more rankings the better! I like all the ones mentioned. I would also include number of players helped by you, number of players who help you (it might encourage people to visit one another more often) and any other numbers anyone can think of.

DeletedUser

I think there will be new rankings.
Look at the current ranking : it says "players". It means that there will be other rankings ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, you're right superalex: it seems just so you're supposing...it could be possible there'll be a guilds ranking etc...:rolleyes:
And I find that actually the players ranking page is graphically more legible...isn't it?

DeletedUser283

your progression in the research tree is already indicated by the looks of your city on the world map ... but this requires accessing the world map, and we are all aware of the consequences and delays ;)

DeletedUser

It's true: actually it's not advisable navigating the world map if you don't wan't get angry o_O