• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests Quests & Prizes are at Odds with Progressing in the Game

DeletedUser2193

Elvenar has a very conflicted system in the game, atm:

1. Increasing Building Size
2. Prizes that give productions
&​
3. Quests that ask for multiple Supply or Goods Productions​

This means it’s actually better to have minimum sized buildings of Tier 1 Goods & Production, if you want to do events & quests well. The clever folks will have 1 or 2 at max size, and use their spells constantly, so that they maximize their spells AND events. It also means you’ll probably be swimming in supplies, making supply building Prizes really crummy.

There’s two solutions I can think of, but one of them “doesn’t work” well. I’ll mention that one first.

1. Get rid of quests asking for multiple supply/goods productions. The problem is, this narrows how many types of quests there can be by a lot.
The good solution:

Larger buildings count towards completing the quests multiple times depending on their size divided by 4 (the squares a starting building takes). Remainders would be truncated. So a workshop would be worth 1 (4 squares), 1 (6 squares), 3 (12 squares), 3 (15 squares), 4 (18 squares), 5 (20 squares), 7 (35 squares).

In other words, a player with a 20 square workshop (Woodelves), would need to do beverages 10 times with it, to get the 50 required for the Dwarven Brewery Badge.

Prizes that give Supplies/Goods:

Well, trader is garbage, unless you want to try and solo for some odd reason. So I'm not going to mention that... Trader would need to scale off boosted relics somewhat for it to even be remotely considered...

Prizes that give supplies can be fixed by either: 1) Making supplies more valuable in some manner 2) Counting it towards the quest if its sat long enough (so 9 hours to count as Groceries...) 3) Removing supply prizes

One way to make supplies more valuable would be letting people spend Supplies to add KP to AWs. This cost would be fixed to your age (and would not scale like buying KP). This "purchase" would never be an actual KP, it'd just count as one for contributing. So my current Age V town with max TH can hold 440,000 supplies... so maybe the 1/4 of that, like 110,000. It'd mean an extra KP every few days. A pittance compared to doing tournaments, but it'd make hitting cap of supplies feel less silly, and make supply prizes feel more valuable...

Just to clarify, I'm talking about people who are going over supply cap regularly, by a lot, because they have lots of extra buildings for Fellowship Adventures, Events & Quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

They partially solved this in the herds/masq events by having scaled quests that ask you to
"Produce groceries 5x and gain xxxx supplies"
In the herds the "gain" part was set too high as you couldn't even do it with spells on those groceries, but after they rebalanced in masq1&2 it worked quite well.
All they need to do for the FA quests then is to balance them in a similar fashion.

DeletedUser2193

They partially solved this in the herds/masq events by having scaled quests that ask you to
"Produce groceries 5x and gain xxxx supplies"
In the herds the "gain" part was set too high as you couldn't even do it with spells on those groceries, but after they rebalanced in masq1&2 it worked quite well.
All they need to do for the FA quests then is to balance them in a similar fashion.

I don't think that solved it all that well. It's still good to have a bunch of workshops, then you blast past the other part using Neighborly Help/Instants/Ancient Wonders

SoggyShorts

I don't think that solved it all that well. It's still good to have a bunch of workshops, then you blast past the other part using Neighborly Help/Instants/Ancient Wonders
Hence the "partially". A reduction from "60 simple tools" quests to a lower number, but with a high supply requirement reduced the number of tiny workshops that were useful and encouraged using max level workshops.
Not perfect, but a step in the right direction. It's worth noting that the FA was 2 steps backwards though...

Marindor

Thank you for your idea. The proposed solutions won't work since we have no intentions to get rid of these quests entirely and since we try to balance the events to be equally hard for all chapters, larger buildings won't be counted as multiple productions since that would make these events a lot easier for higher chapter players. If you have any other solutions, please feel free to add them to your opening post so we can reconsider :)