• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Question about Chapter 20 portal productions with ensembles attached.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I like to calculate a lot for this game, so I can get a more optimal play route for what I have and can do.
Unfortunately I am no in ch20 on the beta server but I do have a question that should be checked out here first.

The following information is needed:
I have a blooming trader guild level 28, so I get a 38% bonus on the guest people productions (0.38)
I have a portal level 2 that gives me a 20% bonus as well (1.20)
and I have 5 ensembles attached to the portal, so a 5x40%=200% bonus (2.00)
So if I calculate it right I get a total bonus production only on the portal production of 2.00+0.38+1.20=3.58
The basic production of the portal would be 60 music notes
So I should get a total of 60*3.58=214.8 every 2 hours (that would be 214 or 215)
If I look at the production it self, it tells me I will only get 203 music notes

I am not sure where the mistake is made, here in my home or at inno, but I would be missing out of 11 or 12 music notes every production.
And the difference gets bigger with every ensemble I attache to the portal.
I hope someone can help me getting my formulas right.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

base of 60 at level 2, so each ensemble gives 24 more, or 120 for 5 ensembles. BTG level 28 is 22.8, so 23. level 2 portal is 20% extra production or 12 more.

60+120+23+12=215

So it looks like the extra 20% production of level 2 over level 1 is missing from the 203 it is showing in-game for you.

Try disconnecting all the ensembles from the portal, and the BTG from the road, if you can, and see if that 12 is still missing.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Chapter 20, right, not water?
Ch20, not hydrogen, 2, oxygen (which is what you wrote, Bor).

Bor de Wolf 1965

Sorry Lelanya, in the Netherlands we use H for Hoofdstuk what means chapter.
I hope you can forgive my translation error / custom way of writing things down.
But in my defence I wrote down H twenty and H two O

@Enevhar Aldarion thanks for the pointer to the right answer.
It is indeed missing the 12 points from the level 2 portal but at the same time a level 1 portal only gives you a base of 40.
So I get the feeling that I would be using the 20% portal boost in a way that inno didn't intended but at the same time would be used correctly by me.

So here again we have a problem that can and can't be an error at the same time.
I feel we have some Schrödinger Plates again.
shrodinger plates.jpeg

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

I like to calculate a lot for this game, so I can get a more optimal play route for what I have and can do.
Unfortunately I am no in ch20 on the beta server but I do have a question that should be checked out here first.

The following information is needed:
I have a blooming trader guild level 28, so I get a 38% bonus on the guest people productions (0.38)
I have a portal level 2 that gives me a 20% bonus as well (1.20)
and I have 5 ensembles attached to the portal, so a 5x40%=200% bonus (2.00)
So if I calculate it right I get a total bonus production only on the portal production of 2.00+0.38+1.20=3.58
The basic production of the portal would be 60 music notes
So I should get a total of 60*3.58=214.8 every 2 hours (that would be 214 or 215)
If I look at the production it self, it tells me I will only get 203 music notes

I am not sure where the mistake is made, here in my home or at inno, but I would be missing out of 11 or 12 music notes every production.
And the difference gets bigger with every ensemble I attache to the portal.
I hope someone can help me getting my formulas right.
i dont think its calculated like that. i think the ensembles are multiplcative and not additive.

I just put my portal to lvl 4, and i have a bonus of 2155%.

so with 18 ensembles 18*40% + portal bonus +40% and BTG 42%= that would be only 902% bonus if you calcultate it your way.

Let me try to figuer out how it actually works, alhough i realise now it doesnt matter much, as soon as i have the portal lvl 4, i will probably only be making songs in there anyway. so my music notes will still come from portal profits I'm assuming.

Feels like now i made the wrong choice and should have gone for portal lvl 3 + vortex (temporarily). Takes too much time to get the goods for all those ensembles + the upgrade time of the portal itself

Heymrdiedier

ok did some juggling with the ensembles to figure it out. also looked at the wiki: seems like lvl 4 portal does your boosts *2.5. so even without any ensemble your music bar production is still 250%. so every ensemble adds 100% to the music ensemble bonus (2.5*40%= 100%)
so taking your own example into account:

A lvl 28 BTG and a lvl 4 portal means you would get 345% boost on music bars even without any ensemble, if you keep the 18 you had to build to get the portal to lvl 4, you would have 2145% bonus.

according to wiki its 150% for lvl 2 portal and 200% for lvl 3 portal.

so in your case of lvl 2 portal and 28 BTG and 5 ensembles: that would mean 150*1.38+5*150*0.4=507% boost,
meaning the base production of 40 (so not 60 that with the 150% bonus already applied) turns into 202.8, that seems correct with your numbers?

so to make it easier to calculate, en ensemble gives you +40% on lvl 1 portal, +60% on a lvl 2 portal, +80% on a lvl 3 portal and +100% on a lvl 4 portal