• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate quest city expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

General Description (Overview):
I got a quest, to research city expansion. When i did that nothing happened. Maybe this is not the right tech, maybe someone can explain that. I did the one which is below the third boost.

What I expected to happen:
check the quest

What actually happened:
nothing

How often has this happened:
once

Screenshots/Additional information:
wouldn't let me upload

Reproduction Steps:

1. have the quest research city expansion

2. research the city expansion below the 3rd boost

Player Name: elektronno

World: beta

Operating System: Windows

Browser and Version: Chrome up to date

Flash Version: up to date

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

DeletedUser

I think i've got the same problem ...
The quest says "Research City Expansion in the research menu.. I've completed this research, but can't place a new expansion,
so the quest stays open :(

VsVHfoB.png

vOXLyHz.png

I think it's a bug ... because I followed the given directions

DeletedUser

There was a bug about placing expansions recently, but province expansions I think. You could search for the related threads.

DeletedUser

Did you relog? If that doesn't help, you should open a support ticket.

DeletedUser628

Hello elektronno, thank you for reporting this to us. Can you please let me know if you're having the same case as the player in this thread:
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index...-unable-to-complete-the-quest.1429/#post-7642

The quest name is "Making room for magic", and it's actually not a bug. You can read my explanation from that thread:
If you look a bit ahead on the research screen, two columns ahead of your [Tier 3 Goods Boost] there is another research that provides an expansion. That is the city expansion the quest refers to. Thus it is possible to accomplish it, but it is a bit far ahead. I will follow up on this and make sure we have reported this quest as one that is received a bit too early.

If this is a different case, please correct me. :)

DeletedUser

For what it's worth, I have noticed that in some of these quests you don't get credit for something you have already done. I placed a research expansion too early, and had to place a second one before I was able to complete the quest. It makes sense that some types of quests aren't counted as completed (such as building troops, perhaps, since that's relatively inexpensive), but others can get pretty expensive if you take the action too soon.

DeletedUser628

Do you perhaps remember the name of the quest, serissa? I believe no quest actually requires you to place an expansion, solely to research a specific expansion. Confusion usually arises when you receive the quest just as you're researching an expansion or you have just finished researching one. Naturally one thinks the quest is related to that specific expansion, but the quest may be referring to another expansion further ahead on the tech tree. That is the case with the link I provided above as well.

These quests don't ask you simply to research any expansion, they're related to specific expansion on the tech tree. Unfortunately at this time the quests do not tell you which expansion is meant with their requirement.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately I don't. Now that I think about it, it could have asked me to place an expansion, and I had already done that with the relics (if I remember right, I think I had actually placed two of them before any quest came up). All I had left was a researched expansion, which I had to pay for (that's all right, but I would have saved one of my provincial/relic expansions for the quests purpose if I had known it was coming up).

Just a thought, a quest tree in the wiki might be helpful.

DeletedUser

yes this is indeed the same case, i am also "making room for magic", thank you for the clarification

DeletedUser

Hello elektronno, thank you for reporting this to us. Can you please let me know if you're having the same case as the player in this thread:
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index...-unable-to-complete-the-quest.1429/#post-7642

The quest name is "Making room for magic", and it's actually not a bug. You can read my explanation from that thread:

If this is a different case, please correct me. :)

This doesn't make sence ... caus' I'm really not that far in the quest string..
I believe that this must be the quest:
2bCrqJS.png

DeletedUser628

Thank you elektrono!

Hielkio, apologies as I must have missed your screenshots when I responded, I stand corrected, that's a quest that requires placing a city expansion. But it is in fact a different case, it's not the same issue and not anywhere near the same stage in the game. Please create another report so we differentiate between the two. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.