• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Quest ask for „Research Advanced Scouting“

Loki Blue

Butterflies could make some sense, they dont live longer then a year, so they are dieing....
it would also fit the questtitle: the storm: you know from the butterfly effect.

but i dont see how they could be using a mask tho, or why they would do it :)

Also unicorns arent really plausable i think, im pretty sure u would see the horn throught the mask :)

Hmmm...

'The butterfly effect is a concept that states "small causes can have larger effects". This concept was initially used to theorize weather prediction but later the term became a popular metaphor in science writing.'

Very interesting indeed...

DeletedUser607

I suspect an invisible race. for those, who have that scouting quest, this new guest-race-image shows a mask, and if you look carefully, there is nothing else, you can look down into the neck hole, without anything inside.

first, I thought, they're some sort of pantomine, but they seem to be just invisible.

that short text, which should reflect their speech-pattern, seems to be whispered by the wind. so maybe some sort of wind people?

must be hard to fill up the last 3 guest races... pantomimes, maybe then clowns? maybe it would be a better idea to look into the greek mythology, and bring in some titans, gods, etc... ;-)

DeletedUser1767

The way the Baroness's eyes are glowing in Masq II (were they like that in Masq I?) + the "Mendaci" = lies/falseness clue made me think of demons.

But hmm, so if they're invisible, or made of wind/air... well, we don't need to summon this race from Beyond, it looks like, because they are reaching out to us directly in the first quest of the chapter. That suggests that, like the woodelves and sorcerers, they've been here all along. So what if, in the great cataclysm of the past, they somehow became incorporeal rather than being ripped from the world entirely like dwarves and fairies and the rest? And now they want their bodies back, or... well, I hope they don't want our bodies.

Loki Blue

greek mythology

Ah, yes...Hecate, Hermes...my old friends. :D

Perhaps the Baroness is actually Pandora. Hesiod, that ancient Greek storyteller, said that Hermes gave her "a shameful mind and deceitful nature" and Hermes also gave her the power of speech, putting in her "lies and crafty words". Hmmm. One might think that I made her. :p

Oh, I am so thrilled to watch this unfold. Gives me something to look forward to...:cool: