• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features PvP

DeletedUser

So will i, especially since they told me there is no PvP in Elvenar ^^

DeletedUser58

So will i, especially since they told me there is no PvP in Elvenar ^^
Was this stated somewhere publicly? As in, is that from confirmed sources? And does it mean it will be more like race versus race / guild versus guild (if there are guilds) if there is no actual PvP?

DeletedUser18

There is no confirmation of what new features may or may not be released. Keep in mind that this is the very 1st phase of a closed Beta test to make sure the core mechanics of the game are working correctly. We are all at the very beginning of this journey, I am sure there will be many surprises for all of us in the future.
As always, thank you all for your feedback.

DeletedUser

Was this stated somewhere publicly? As in, is that from confirmed sources? And does it mean it will be more like race versus race / guild versus guild (if there are guilds) if there is no actual PvP?

I read that on the official facebook page. Someone asked it and the reply was that there is no PvP. Owh well, maybe in the future we can have some nice wars, who knows. For now i'll keep myself busy with building and exploring ^^

DeletedUser539

PVP rewards are not points for expanding your city, but various include spacial buildings especially for military purpose.
For example
Tower : giving defense bonus
Mercenaries : Thieves, Mortars, Necromancers, Knights, etc.
Items for heroes.

DeletedUser503

I truly don't want PVP action, as I love the peacefulness of the game the way
it is. Go fight in the provinces against the bandits, lol.
I wouldn't want to see anything like 'attacking a city' implemented here,
and destroy so much of all of our hard work! I played a game like that
before, and alliances attacked cities and wiped out months of work
in a single hour. NOT good. :(

DeletedUser95

pvp dosent have to be as you mention , im sure there are a lot of possibilities with getin pvp up in elvenar in a way that none of the other games got it,.
I hope it will come in here at some point.

DeletedUser539

I truly don't want PVP action, as I love the peacefulness of the game the way
it is. Go fight in the provinces against the bandits, lol.
I wouldn't want to see anything like 'attacking a city' implemented here,
and destroy so much of all of our hard work! I played a game like that
before, and alliances attacked cities and wiped out months of work
in a single hour. NOT good. :(
I agree about do not let pvp ruin your progress, but pvp is also a fun element to play tho. However, we can raid city but would not let anyone screw over anyone work so bad. We can give them pvp point to exchange with reward. and we have to keep city that have equal strength to fight each other to prevent bullying. :)

DeletedUser

With out of PVP this game will have no chance to be BEST
PVP/ GUILDS, is that what we want....

DeletedUser443

Yes I think without PvP and Guilds it would be very fast a boring game und to compete with other players is what keeps up people playing

DeletedUser

Not everyone likes pvp, and I have no interest in playing a building game where people can destroy what I've spend months creating or steal my production just because I'm late home from work.

Guilds on the other hand are needed. I'd prefer to see co-operative play such as combining to build advanced buildings / Wonders rather than ganging up on other players, which is likely to drive them away from the game.

I'd imagine that Inno want all of their games to be different from the others to attract a new audience. They have pvp in some, so maybe it's time to have a peaceful game.

DeletedUser236

I'd imagine that Inno want all of their games to be different from the others to attract a new audience. They have pvp in some, so maybe it's time to have a peaceful game.

+1 it doesn't have to be like other games..

And if they really wanna implement pvp than do it another way instead of players destroying each others cities.. Maybe some ranking system that gives a price after a while or each win gives 1 KP.. Something different but still satisfying to the ones that want some pvp action..

DeletedUser58

If they do choose to do PvP here can we please at least make it outside of the neighborhood? It's hard enough to get help with culture buildings and trades as it is, progressing in the game would be a nightmare if I have to smash my neighbors and ruin their cities, at which point I doubt they'll be helping me.

DeletedUser236

It's hard enough to get help with culture buildings and trades as it is, progressing in the game would be a nightmare if I have to smash my neighbors and ruin their cities

I've never played a game like this before so I don't know how they do it in other games.. But I can imagine if I go against my neighbors at this point that most of them don't stand a chance.. I finally get 3 of them to help me, but if I tear down their cities there is no way they will ever thank me for that by stimulating my culture so I can destroy them even further :eek:

DeletedUser58

but if I tear down their cities there is no way they will ever thank me for that by stimulating my culture so I can destroy them even further :eek:

Exactly. :D And as it currently stands I see 2 discovered players on my level (a human and an elf) while everyone else in our hood would turn into soup due to the constant attacks. They will likely quit the game (though some already have) before assisting the three of us. Thus PvP may translate into more activity, more things to do, and an additional reason to buy diamonds, but depending on the way it's implemented it's not necessarily a good thing for the game.

DeletedUser31

In FoE you can either help a neighbor or attack them in 24 hours. Elvenar could use an other system. Maybe use a PvP Arena. You can enter a weeklong tournament where you can attack other participants every day (or every 23 hours). But you don't have to. The prizes could be resources, maybe even goods for the best. And even if you attack your neighbor in the tower you can still help them and you dont have to risk your resources, you can not be plundered.

But the users should be separated, so everyone would have a chance. Maybe separate by research progress. (Each 'age' would go in a different PvP tower and you can only fight in your tower.)

It's just a plain idea, but I think this might actually work. I know it's kinda raw now, please help me polishing it :D

DeletedUser

A PvP system where people can choose to fight would be great. Those who just want to build can continue to do so. This would be a satisfying solution for all. And like Hoshi mentioned, An Arena based on what age you're in would be great, so even new players who just started playing can do some PvP against each other.

DeletedUser236

Each 'age' would go in a different PvP tower and you can only fight in your tower.

Maybe not just 'age', but even looking at the size of ones army..
And the reward can be based on how hard the fights are.. Maybe you can choose to fight against someone with 1 army size more and get a better reward or something like that? So people can challenge themselves even more (just of the top of my head really, sorry if I'm talking bull :p)

DeletedUser126

Its something i suggested already, there is no need to attack other people just add an Arena/Tournament mode where you can compete against people in same tier as you for rewards. This way its optional but not necessary.

This system can be expanded and more complex but this just outlines a way to make pve and pvp happy.