• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features PvP

DeletedUser

I have discovered 28 players of which 8 help. People need a goal! And for you guys who don't want pvp. THERE IS A ARENA in development.

DeletedUser43

I have discovered 28 players of which 8 help. People need a goal! And for you guys who don't want pvp. THERE IS A ARENA in development.

We have to nuance your statement a bit: the idea of the PvP Arena has been forwarded. However, it's up to the development team to make the choice to implement the feature (or not). All posts in this thread will be taken into consideration. This means that every player's post (in favor or against PvP) will be meaningful for the Elvenar development. Please keep posting your opinions and ideas. ;)

DeletedUser

I am holding my breath now. Counting to ten
1...2...3...4...5... I can't wait for the developers to make their choice. Are they staging battles and the winner makes the choice?

DeletedUser283

I would not mind PvP, at all, but plundering is a pain in the neck;
I had my share of it already on FoE;
I do not take anything there from a city I won a battle against, but some people are downright psychopaths and think plundering after winning gives them more power; it just makes them look like complete idiots, especially when they do it to the wrong person (me, for instance : I will attack them, win because I have the means to achieve this, and come back whenever I please to take whatever I please)

so, back to elvenar : ok for PvP, NOK for plundering :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser442

I don't like a pvp option in this game. If there will be any in the future, I hope I have the option to opt it out.

DeletedUser

That is the arena, did you even read the topic or did you see pvp and think it isn't an option?

DeletedUser967

Actually without PVP this game is bored BUT only now ( I hope we get good PVP in future ). I read topic of SirReal and I want to submit my opinion about something.
So....
BAD: Plundering. The attacker can plunder the victim's coins, supplies or goods. This is pretty bad because constant plundering makes people mad. It's nearly impossible to successfully defend against stronger players who are more advanced than you. Most you can do is put up defenses that make the attacker lose a few units, so you're a tiny bit tougher than the next victim. So this drives many players away.
I never agree with that! How you imagine good PVP? Only fighting nothing else? THAT PVP doesn't make sens....because then you fighting for what? For nothing...only for points but if you can get some rewards( plundering = reward ) it is much more interesting because you want more and more. So...if some player cry or is sad because other player plunder his resources - it is his problem, or change defense or do SOMETHING to better defense. Those players SHOULD be happy that we can plunder ONLY not collected resources NOT from storages - it would be much much more better option but then those players will cry more....

So....I think we should have option with PVP. OR you want PVP or not( activate some option active PVP/deactive PVP ) and if you deactivate then you can't be attacked BUT you can't attack too!
I think some like tournament towers should be done here( it's really great option from FoE ) but actually we can have problems....We have one big map no teritory, no sectors and only 1 tower would be wrong - no chance for weak players. Towers for neighbors doesn't make sense too. It's heavy disscusion - I think so.
In option to choose PVP/NPVP we should think what do this well. Because some player can disabled PVP for night and enabled in day for few fights and disabled then again. But if you have only one decission then
you are doomed forever PVP/NPVP. I think it should be enabled/disabled with block time. Example if you enable NPVP and some times later you disabled then you must waiting hmm 5days to next enable. In this situation we can avoid regular enabled/disabled what could be much stupidy than none PVP in Elvenar.

DeletedUser43

I never agree with that! How you imagine good PVP? Only fighting nothing else? THAT PVP doesn't make sens....because then you fighting for what? For nothing...only for points but if you can get some rewards( plundering = reward ) it is much more interesting because you want more and more.

If you read post #38 to #50, you can read some of the suggested rewards other than plundering cities. Those suggested rewards are forwarded with the idea of the voluntary PvP Arena.

I think your option of an activation button for PvP could be interesting too. I'm curious to see what other players (both players that are supportive of PvP and that are against PvP) think of it. :)

DeletedUser967

Lauwi yes I know, I just wanted to comment this because I really don't understand why people on FoE complain about plunder. It's good idea ;)

I'm interesting too about opinion others. I'm just not sure how should looks block time - how many times we should wait because if you set const value example 1day then it will be unfair for someone example: if you disable PVP for 3days then 1day waiting is okay BUT if you do this for week or month? The same in other situation if you example set const 3days, if player disabled PVP for week then it could be okay but if player disabled for 1day? 3 days could be to much.
Maybe do not make it const but make it percentages of setting time - if you disabled for 3 days then time block should be example 75% of this time. This option should be really good planned so as to avoid abuse.

What you think?

DeletedUser

Why not just do a public arena? You have a ranking system of #9999 to #1, the positions will constantly change because armies get weakened and killed. And the player that keeps the title between a week and a month gets a trophy.

DeletedUser503

I still prefer the idea of an arena, and the PVP is voluntary. Those who want to fight can. Those who do not want
to fight are not forced to. Everybody is happy.

DeletedUser236

I think an arena will make this game very different from other games and that's what you want.. if you want plundering (optional or not, doesn't matter) you go towards other games again.. I wouldn't like plundering, even if it's optional. Cause then you'll get the problem that there aren't enough neighbors that like that pvp style, and the complaints about not enough pvp option will arise soon. While if you have the Arena everyone that wants to do pvp can do so, without the need to be over active becasue other players can plunder their goods :)

TLDR; I stick to the Arena idea since this is an optional pvp with enough options and rewards that can be implemented and without being afraid of loosing goods etc :D

DeletedUser119

Actually without PVP this game is bored
Not everyone think like that.
For me if a PVP system with plundering is implemented in this game, I would quit it right away.
I don't mind if there is an arena, but I'm not playing this game to do PVP

DeletedUser594

Even so I do not get plundered in FOE (defense to strong) I wouldn't like here,
'cause it doesn't suit this game! There is plenty to fight here! Would think that's
why we have troops! LOL

DeletedUser

There are a ton of games already out where you attack people and take thier stuff. I think there is room for some that arn't, and really would hate to see that come to this game. ( i like both types myself) With out me being able to control the defense when attacked itll end up the same as FoE if you allow plundering, you are not defensable period.

I like the idea of a arena, with a rank based off it. Leave the build ranking system out of it and seperate. Would like to see this where both sides control thier units thou, fighting a AI really doesnt prove much ;)

DeletedUser967

Not everyone think like that.
For me if a PVP system with plundering is implemented in this game, I would quit it right away.
I don't mind if there is an arena, but I'm not playing this game to do PVP
I know that but I just don't know where ppl see problem with plundering, everywhere you play PVP earn some resources from your opponent it's normal. In my suggestion you can set NPVP when you want make bigger production. Or why do not make gold+production as like rewards for battle?
Anyway I like arena idea too.

DeletedUser

I think an arena will make this game very different from other games and that's what you want.. if you want plundering (optional or not, doesn't matter) you go towards other games again.. I wouldn't like plundering, even if it's optional.
I already know of a game using arena, that's how I got that idea. But you do not necessarily need plundering, you could use some type of reward per # defeated players. Like +10% attack for a day or 5k coins or 1k supplies or goods. Something to stimulate it a bit more than being the best.