• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Province Overview

DeletedUser

I don't understand how this works. It shows a number next to the province, mine said 4. (distance away from city) Then after I scouted it, it says 5. How did it go from 4 to 5?

Karvest

once you've scooted a province in range 4 you get a new province or two to scout in range 5 (locked until you complete it).

DeletedUser

Thanks @Karvest when I originally scouted the province it was a 4, when I clicked on the incomplete province tab, that 4 became a 5. It's a scouted province that switched distance after scouting.

Once they put this in place, which I love, the 2 incomplete provinces I had were showing ring 5 and I thought I had gone out of order and did ring 5 instead of 4. I scouted a new ring 4 and it also became ring 5. Now I'm totally confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 60107

Could you post a screenshot? I get the feeling you are looking at the list of provinces that are not yet scouted. The list of provinces that are scouted but still incomplete is after the list of provinces that are not yet scouted.

DeletedUser

My scoutable tab
scoutable.JPG

The silk that is 4/8 and the gems were ones I scouted before this was added. Then I scouted a new silk thinking I got out of order and selected a 4. When I went to my incomplete tab it now shows it's a 5.
incompleteprovinces.JPG

Deleted User - 60107

Hmm, it seems the Scoutable tab counts the distance TO the province, but NOT the province itself. While the Incomplete tab counts both the distance AND the province itself. That seems to be what is causing this discrepancy. I can see how it can be confusing.

DeletedUser

I really love the overview because I do miss my open scouted provinces sometimes :oops: even on a small map

DeletedUser

I have another question about the order of opening provinces. It's not information I've been able to find so I made up my own way of scouting them. The picture above is obviously not my beta account, it's a chapter 3 city almost done with opening provinces for chapter 4. But as I go forward figured I'd better learn more things about this versus flying by the seat of my pants.

This is how I scout provinces and the order and want to know if this is completely wrong and if there is a better way.
provinceorder.JPG

This image is for a Planks, Silk, Magic Dust city. And I start with the most expensive (and closest province)
For a marble province: eventually the cost to negotiate will be marble, crystal, and elixir. Since none of my boosts are in that, I do those first and keep working through the provinces from most expensive to least expensive.

Dony

King of Bugs
this should be considered as a bug, try to make bug report about it, since tooltip is same on both tabs

DeletedUser

Thanks @Dony I'm pretty close to starting on my map for beta and will check it here as well.