• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Proposed trading star rating changes

Sir Squirrel

I agree with most others here that the ratio issue being addressed and Inno really investing the time to get it sorted out with our feedback, and being handled like it has is the greatest improvement of all !! Thank you!
I will be content with either of the ratios presented, depending on which one creates the least problems with being implemented and has the least needed amount of changes to other parts of the game.

Last edited:

Moonlady70

It took some time to screen the old and new trading ratios, but i finally finished it

1580141246302.png

If something is wrong please let me know where and i change that.

First the changes for 2 star rating looks better, still not where they should be but better.

On the other side the max. trading should be also changed and not into higher possibility than it was before, it will make "Pushing" easier.

Still the best and fairest way is to cancel cross trades.

DeletedUser1657

On the other side the max. trading should be also changed and not into higher possibility than it was before, it will make "Pushing" easier.

The increased ratio was a surprise in your screenshots. I was not expecting it to increase from 1:4 to 1:8, like you I immediately thought of the impact this might have on pushing. Granted if people are pushing they will just post multiple trades anyway so probably not a big deal in the end.

Still the best and fairest way is to cancel cross trades.

I disagree as it is a disadvantage to those who want to do these trades and use them to benefit their town (those trading both directions, not the T3 only towns). Fairest is a cross-tier trading filter that defaults to off. That way people can completely ignore this aspect of the game if they choose and new players have time to learn about it before digging in too deep. It also means those wishing to do these trades can happily do them without upsetting anyone else.

However I think it unlikely a filter will ever come now due to the star rating change.

Biloutte91

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have postponed the release of the Trader star rating changes by a few days, aiming to release them with our next Beta update, currently expected to happen on Monday, 27 January. We will not yet make the changes to the Wholesaler that we described in our post on Tuesday (see above).

We have made this decision because we want to invest more time in verifying what changes would be required to quests related to the Wholesaler, in an effort to ensure that they do not become too difficult with the intended changes. To achieve the level of quality and internal testing we would want, we would have to spend more time on the topic than we currently can. That is why we decided to temporarily postpone the changes to the Wholesaler and decouple them from the star ratio changes.

Monday's update will therefore only change the Trader's star rating to become 1.5:1, without further changes to the Wholesaler. We believe that these changes, even when not paired with the Wholesaler update, would be welcomed by you, our community. This means you can already enjoy this change, and also gives us more time to perfect our other planned changes before releasing them to the public.

Thanks again for the feedback you've provided to us over the course of the last few weeks, and stay tuned for Monday's update!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

@Marindor , some news about this ? Thanks :)