• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Producing Goods

DeletedUser

And @Dagar, I'd like to see what kind of offers you put on the market.

Same age even trades, ive always traded even (fair) in these games. My trading isnt bad just are lack of 1 good for each age with the neighbours i have. 90% of them are inactive (rough estimate looking at the towns i visit daily for the rewards) I wont trade with ppl i haven't discovered.

DeletedUser338

Well, that could be your problem. See, I offer 1.5 times more goods than I ask. This way the people who have discovered me will choose my goods over others and those who haven't discovered me will have a fair 1:1 trade.

DeletedUser

Accually no isn't my problem, its a game developer problem. If they want to retain people they need to do something fairly fast to sort these hoods out, as many inactives as there are this game wont last long ;)

And as soon as i have to trade to my disavantage, i myself will be gone.

DeletedUser338

...See, if you're greedy, it's no surprise you're not getting goods as much or as fast as you want.
You might call it a disadvantage, but it's really not. The real disadvantage is not having the goods you need because you don't want to give a bit more than you'll get.

DeletedUser629

Bulding a non-boosted silk factory is not something i would recommend. You need silk to upgrade a silk factory, and you built it to get silk, so that's kind of counter productive. I do what Lord Jirre does, i produce ALOT of boosted goods and trade them at a 2:1 ratio or even better. I can't even produce enough to keep up with demands atm, and i've been able to clear 23 provinces last week just by negotiating them. I do realize not every neighbourhood is the same, but there are ways to get a decent amount of goods without building factories you don't need.

DeletedUser

Yes, I agree with many of you: I do the same. When for me it's not possible to find quickly the good I need, I trade them at a 2:1 ratio, so that permits players who have not discovered me yet, to take my offers :D

DeletedUser

Bulding a non-boosted silk factory is not something i would recommend. You need silk to upgrade a silk factory, and you built it to get silk, so that's kind of counter productive. I do what Lord Jirre does, i produce ALOT of boosted goods and trade them at a 2:1 ratio or even better. I can't even produce enough to keep up with demands atm, and i've been able to clear 23 provinces last week just by negotiating them. I do realize not every neighbourhood is the same, but there are ways to get a decent amount of goods without building factories you don't need.

Goryn do I understand you right? My boosted goods are steel, crystal and elixir. Should I stop production of planks, marble, scrolls and silk?

DeletedUser

...to be or not to be: this is the problem! :D
I believe it depends a lot by your possibilities of trading regularly the good you don't produce in the market thanks to your neighbors. If your market has no regular offers, I don't know how much useful is to destroy those not boosted productions :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

Goryn do I understand you right? My boosted goods are steel, crystal and elixir. Should I stop production of planks, marble, scrolls and silk?

That's exactly what i'm saying. I checked your city, you have 3 marble factories at level 9 which cost you a total of 1752 marble/2448 planks/2184 steel. A level 9 elvish marble factory produces only 72 marble per day, so you need 24 days just to get the marble back you used to build them, but you built them for the purpose of gaining marble, so it's counter-productive to build them. Your 3 level 10 planks factories produce only 78 planks per day, but you had to use 1976 planks to upgrade them to that level, plus 3304 marble, so you lost a total of 5056 marble and 4424 planks on those factories. You have 5 steel factories, they should produce enough for you trade for the other 2, you could even build a sixth one if you like and trade at a better rating. I see alot of people in my list who keep trading at a 1:1 ratio, 100 steel for 100 marble/planks, but if you trade 150 steel for 100 marble/planks, players who haven't discovered you yet will see the trade as 150:150 (50% trading fee) and will most likely take your trade. Be prepared to take some minor losses, but when you produce alot of boosted goods, those minor losses are still alot better than building non-boosted factories that hardly produce anything and use up alot of precious space.

DeletedUser

Very well explained: me too, I was thinking about destroy my non-boosted production of marble and steel very soon...;)

DeletedUser

That's exactly what i'm saying. I checked your city, you have 3 marble factories at level 9 which cost you a total of 1752 marble/2448 planks/2184 steel. A level 9 elvish marble factory produces only 72 marble per day, so you need 24 days just to get the marble back you used to build them, but you built them for the purpose of gaining marble, so it's counter-productive to build them. Your 3 level 10 planks factories produce only 78 planks per day, but you had to use 1976 planks to upgrade them to that level, plus 3304 marble, so you lost a total of 5056 marble and 4424 planks on those factories. You have 5 steel factories, they should produce enough for you trade for the other 2, you could even build a sixth one if you like and trade at a better rating. I see alot of people in my list who keep trading at a 1:1 ratio, 100 steel for 100 marble/planks, but if you trade 150 steel for 100 marble/planks, players who haven't discovered you yet will see the trade as 150:150 (50% trading fee) and will most likely take your trade. Be prepared to take some minor losses, but when you produce alot of boosted goods, those minor losses are still alot better than building non-boosted factories that hardly produce anything and use up alot of precious space.

Thank you for doing the calculation for us Goryn. Even I will give your trading system a try. If I test this successfully, I'll eventually change my opinion and tear down some none-boosted Manus.

DeletedUser

...See, if you're greedy, it's no surprise you're not getting goods as much or as fast as you want.
You might call it a disadvantage, but it's really not. The real disadvantage is not having the goods you need because you don't want to give a bit more than you'll get.

Never once did i say i wasn't getting the goods i need. The wholesaler provides me very niicly, and with the combat system the way it is i can't trade the lower end goods as you say i should, thier needed for exploring the map. I also don't see how 'fair trades" = greedy, guess we look at what 'greedy" means a bit differently ;)

Again i know there are work arounds for poor game design, im not willing to use them. Bottom line is this game will go no where if they don't do something about inactive players. Either some type of hood shifts or add guilds, till then this game will never grow. (imo)

Well explained Goryn you should try eve online.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

fair trades aren't fair when most people have to pay 50% more. And if you're getting the goods you need, then why are you complaining?

DeletedUser

Im stating where i see this game going not complaining. Don't think others are having problems getting the goods they need? May want to read the numurious threads stating just that.

Everything i have said is my opinion, if you don't agree with it thats cool, why we have these forums to discuss such things. But saying the game is fine the way it is cause you can work around bad design isn't helping the game imo, thou it does help the few that'll stick around to do it.