• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Producing Goods

DeletedUser

Hi,

what is the best tactic by producing goods? To concentrate on the 3 goods with production boosts and to buy the needed goods? Or to produce all goods?

Best regards

Katzepanther

DeletedUser338

Best way to do it is to focus on producing goods with production boost only. In the horrible scenario where you have no active neighbors at all, you can still buy quite a bit from the wholesaler. But that's quite unlikely.

DeletedUser

I've built min 2 of every non-boosted Manus to be not entirely addicted to traders and the wholesaler. It works.

DeletedUser338

dependent, not addicted (addicted is when you can't stay off the alcohol) ;)
And sure, you could build non-boosted manufactories, but if you build boosted factories, you can usually put great offers on the market that will be accepted quite fast. Not only does it work for you, you also help your neighbors with it.

DeletedUser

;) ah, ok. thanks for correction 'dependent'

This is a matter of demand and offer - it seems to be a misbalance between both at my neighbourhood.

DeletedUser338

Well, my neighborhood isn't exactly balanced either. But I just offer 3 goods for every 2 I ask. That way, even those who haven't discovered me yet get a 1:1 ratio. And the luckier ones get 1.5 times as many goods as they pay.

DeletedUser

Not sure what game your playing Jirre but early game my trades were never accepted and now at 7500+ population im still having trouble getting some goods traded.Im 8 rings out if that helps any to judge just how inactive this game is. (doesnt matter thou with these repeatable quests getting goods is a joke from the wholesaler) And its worse on the US server. Glad you have active neighbours thou :)

I personaly also run 2 of the non boosted goods till im settled enough that i can delete em due to being able to use the wholesaler.

DeletedUser

I have 8 workshops level 8, 3 Marble level 9, 5 steel level 9 (boosted), 3 planks level 10, 1 plank level 7, 1 elexier level 4 (boosted), 1 crystal level 10 and 1 crystal level 6 (boosted), 1 silk level 7 and 1 scroll level 5. Should I change something?

DeletedUser338

I wouldn't know. As you can see, the game is different for everyone. If you're doing fine with those manufactories right now and you don't need the space, you can just as well leave them there.

And @Dagar, I'd like to see what kind of offers you put on the market.

DeletedUser118

Don't forget that you will need none boosted goods manufactories later on in the main questline. And no, the quests cannot be declined, so I guess the best is to have at least one manufactory of each none boosted good as well.

DeletedUser

I personally have all types of manufactures. The reason is, the market give not enough goods for me, so I need my own production of all things. The market is now a little bit better, but 200 offers or 100... I see no real difference (more offers but not the right goods), but it could be chanced in the evening.

If it is possible in the future to trade with friends or guild members you don`t need all manufactures. It depends at the moment on the market situation. And if you go futher in the storyline you need goods without boost, too. This is not so good, but we will see... I hope this will be chanced.

DeletedUser

As I said before: the market at my neigbourhood is always lacking e.g., on silk. Doesn't matter which offer I set up. Nobody is willing to sell silk beause we have to pay tons of it for negotiating and other needs (Research and Residences...)
The only way to get this goods (especially Silk and Scrolls here) is the Wholesaler.
So I produce some of them by myself.

DeletedUser

yup ppl..i had same trouble as well.. did lot of scouting..discovering..but i manage...what i cant get in trade i produce..or well.. to monitor trade was useful, because i had some oriantation point, meaning like for example Lord Jirre ;) (+ many many others) he had a lot goods what i needed and vice versa, so i started to scout and conquer everything in his direction, till i discovered him, was Worth it, it took me long time though...or for example i discovered others who had goods that were needed for others so i could trade With others to get what i want and need..so all Depends how you play the game..lot of strategy..lot of adaptations, calculations..long story short > patience is a key ;)

but Yeah i wish there was more options for trade, we are kinda stuck, from time to time..even With 200 more..the trouble is..not all ppl are active, many dont play at all, and not to mention many dont even trade whats of ever. and kinda i get the feeling that all in soroundings have same boosts and goods as i do..or the ones i need are far far away..weard...so not sure what happened there...
and Yeah...i wish we can trade all goods not only boosted ones..cos sometimes i get more goods than i need and cant sell use or trade..hmm...
all in all I love this game <3

DeletedUser

I like this game too, I'm still here.

Maybe it is possible, to get around the trader for some time. A good way could be, if the devs implement the function to search players via the players menu (if we get a notification or via the Rankinglist) and then visit a player. When leaving him, not being brought back to our own map, but stay on the map where this special player is located. Then we could perhaps find our way home and prepeare the way to this player... hmmmm

Better, we had a coordinate system or something like that.

DeletedUser118

But if you stay on the players home where its located you still have too search for your hometown to see how far you two are apart from each other.

The Beta map is smaller so that might still be working but think about larger maps later on. I don't really wanna search for half an hour to find my way back home so I know how far somebody else is from me. How about including a smaller world map to this idea of yours?

DeletedUser

Oh yes, this is a very good idea. Or what about a zoom in and out function?

Sure, my suggestion would take some time to find my way home, but at least I'd know the direction towards I discover next.

DeletedUser118

Zooming the map could work as well with your current position still being marked as well as your hometown.

DeletedUser338

I like the idea of being able to focus on other people's cities on the map. Maybe not to find people through the ranking list, but it would be quite useful if someone traded with you and you want to know where on the map they are (it can be quite annoying to find them sometimes).