• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug problems with the techtree when playing on mobile.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Game version:
Game world: life and Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: android 12
Operating System or Mobile Device:
Screen resolution:
Account name:
Humans or Elves:

Reproducibility:
5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
I don't wish to do the cauldron research but if I use my mobile phone and I look at what I need for a research I am first placed on an optional research for the cauldron.
I then have to scroll manually to the right research point.

Expected situation:
Stop forcing the cauldron on to players and let us come straight in to our current chapter research point.

Reproduction Steps
1. Be in any chapter beyond ch5
2. don't have the cauldron research unlocked.
3. now open the tech tree on your mobile device and you are looking at this stupid research point

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks for reporting that @Bor de Wolf 1965 but this is not a bug: it was expressly requested because many players weren't able to find the Cauldron tech.
But we can forward the idea to get back to "normal" tech tree after some times that this suggestion's been ignored ;)

Bor de Wolf 1965

I have unlocked the cauldron on my main beta account and I don't like it.
I have here 2 nagging messages a week about this cauldron and a red exclamation mark in the MA so it is a constant reminder about a new part of this game I don't like.
I play a second account on beta that has no contact with my main at all and I am there in chapter 6 and I didn't activate the cauldron for I don't want to.
But now I get the nagging part again while it should only show me this part only once and not every time when I use my tablet for that account.
And now it wend life on all the other servers as well and players that know what is does and decided not to activate it also gets this nagging screen every time they use a mobile device.
To me it feels like someone else decides how I should play a game and I don't like that at all.

fixie

it was expressly requested because many players weren't able to find the Cauldron tech.
But we can forward the idea to get back to "normal" tech tree after some times that this suggestion's been ignored ;)
Bit odd to only implement this on the mobile app. In the browser game you don’t get the Cauldron tech when you open the research tree. You go straight to the last tech item. Apparently these players are able to find the Cauldron tech. We mobile players are not? Strange.

Karvest

On browser I was forced to scroll from dwarves all game long due to SSU16+CE22 optional techs were focused. With the cauldron arrival I've finally researched them to get my 11 diplomas.=)