• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Problem loading the Elvenar game on Opera and Chrome browsers

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81672
  • Start date

Deleted User - 81672

I have a problem loading the Elvenar game on Opera and Chrome browsers, it either stops and displayed "Server Error" or it loads completely and the game run in very slow motion.
It tried clearing the cookies and the caches, it didn't work.

DeletedUser2690

I normally use Chrome with Windows 10. I also have Opera for bug reports. I have not had a problem using either with my city. Both load and play well. If you are using wi-fi, you might check to see if other devices are using it at the same time. You can run a speed test on your router to see if it is up to the speed it should be.

Deleted User - 81672

I'm using windows 7 and I currently play on Modzilla.
I can't be the only one with this problem

DeletedUser2690

I'm sorry, but no one else has reported having this problem.

Deleted User - 81672

Someone reported the same behavior:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi Salador, i can see you are running the game in html.
Could you try running the game after closing all other tabs in firefox/chrome.

technical: Html5 is very bad with garbage collection, what means if you have many tabs open the game becomes terribly slow or not responsive at all.

So if you could try running only elvenar and see if that works.

Deleted User - 81672

I tried running only Elvenar on Chrome and after clearing cookies and cache I had the below result:
nlSlIBX.jpg
On Firefox works ok-ish.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
alright, so thats not the issue then :(
since we cant reproduce it, we cant find whats causing it either. So sadly this bug will stay on cannot reproduce for now.

can i give one more suggestions you could try for chrome?
can you make a new shortcut of chrome.
when you have it, right click it and go to the properties of it.
in the properties you should find a field called target which should contain something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe". Can you add this to it --user-data-dir=c:\temp\Elvenar. So now it should be like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=c:\temp\Elvenar

if now open that shortcut you will have a clean/influence free version of chrome without any saved user details etc. Try opening elvenar there and see if it launches then. (i would recommend to not log in to google account there or add other extensions untill you tested it works). If it still doesnt work, you could just delete that shortcut again.

Deleted User - 81672

Same behavior :( it either stops and displayed "Server Error" or it loads completely and the game run in very slow motion.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I think your computer might just not have enough free memory. But there's no technical details in this bug so cant check.
Do you think it might be related to your account? if you want i can log into your account on my machine, but only with your permission. So if you want me to try that, let me know

Deleted User - 81672

I do not think is related to my account since it's working on Modzilla Firefox.
4 GB of ram my pc has.
To be clear it used to work just fine.

Dony

King of Bugs
your best bet is to upgrade your OS, windows 7 support ends in january 2020 and there are already too many problems with win7+chrome