• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Premium military

edeba

Every once in a while Inno sends out these silly military packages with stupid military that really adds very little to the game and they've totally nerfed the events with these crappy military instants. The whole approach here is silly. So it lead me to think about what worked with the military and "premium" military in other games.

So other games had power inducing hats, or gloves, or guns, or whatever, and these were permanent resources that made your military that you had to constantly produce stronger. So, my province 30 tournament military looks like this:

1602955403846.png

And my army camp looks like this:
1602955516169.png

So the prizes and premium military could be something different for every kind of military, or just the type, light melee, light range, etc. For province 30 level 1 my tournament squad size is 6.33 times bigger than my prize squad size. I think at this point the only relevance of the army camp squad size is that it is tied to what the squad size instances given, and perhaps map battles.

So for discussion, lets go for 5 kinds of permanent military boosts. My military instants are for 5 and 10 squads of military that is utterly useless for province 30, level 1. It would be massive easy to wipe out all of my prizes on this province and simply not get anywhere.

So with the military boost idea it could be a sword for one kind of military, a catapult for another, a magic arrow for another, a stone claw with diamond nails for another and this kind of idea, and for the number of military that you have these boosts, they are stronger. You could have both attack and defense for each kind of military.

My tournament base size was probably 296, and the tournament base number is probably a good number to tie these prizes to. And you can have different sized boosts, 10%, 25%, 50%, 100%, although that does add a lot of complication, so say 50%. The daily prize or chest prize would be one tournament base squad size. Say you win 5 attack and 5 defense for the light range. This is how it affects level 1 through the tournament:
ProvincePercent stronger
1100%
250%
333%
425%
520%
616.7%
714.3%
812.5%
911.1%
1010%
119.1%
128.3%
137.7%
147.1%
156.7%
205%
254%
303.3%
352.9%
402.5%
452.2%
502%
601.67%
701.43%
801.25%
1001%
So the effect of this military boost is very powerful in the early provinces where you don't need it, a modest 5% at province 20, for one kind of military only, which if different events featured different military, it would take 5 events to improve 5% across all military at province 20. I've suggest having both attack and defense, and maybe a player tries harder for just attack or just defense... I've suggested an event to be planned that you can get 5 each of attack and defense and maybe an average of 10 should be with the event package that costs in the range of $50-70, and without premium purchase the average player will win around 7 of these boosts in an event.

The military packages sold are a total joke, but throwing in varying numbers of these things tied to the size of the purchase would make the military packages something to consider.

SoggyShorts

I've suggested an event to be planned that you can get 5 each of attack and defense and maybe an average of 10 should be with the event package that costs in the range of $50-70, and without premium purchase the average player will win around 7 of these boosts in an event.
Even for a permanent boost, I find it stunning that people would pay $70 for a ~15% boost.
AAA games cost $70 to buy the entire game.

To be honest, I find all P2W abhorrent, but I'm able to comfortably ignore the broken ranking in Elvenar, so as long as such a "premium" feature isn't inno's idea for offsetting game imbalances, I say go for it.

Marindor

We are currently happy with the expiring buildings that give temporary boosts and with the possiblities e.g. Ancient Wonders give. We currently have no intention to introduce other permanent options, so I'll archive this thread now.