• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Preferences in Beta-Forum don't work properly

DeletedUser205

what I did:
I didn't mark in Preferences (general) "Show your online status" and "Show online activities".
And
I didn't mark in Preferences " and receive email notifications of replies"
(but I marked "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...")

what I expect:
that these Preferences will work properly

what I get:
my last activity is shown
and
I get mail notifications

I did a logout and login (with name and passwort to give)
and that didn't help.

Please have a look onto your preferences!!

Marindor

Hi Sorella,

Thank you for reporting these issues.

A little check here for your e-mail notifications issue: When you uncheck the "receive email notifications" option, you should not get e-mails for any newly watched/followed threads anymore. The ones for which you already are on the "mailing list", will keep coming into your mailbox. If you'd like to turn this off, would you please go to these corresponding threads and click on the "Unwatch Thread" link on top of the thread? After that, you won't receive e-mail notifications anymore. Should you want to keep watching/following the thread, you can press "Watch Thread" again, but will now get the choice to receive or not receive e-mails from this thread. You can of course, choose not to receive them then.

For your last activity: When I click on your name, your last activity isn't shown to me. I tested this myself as well and when you switch it off, you keep seeing your own activity for yourself, but others will not see it anymore.

Would you please let us know if everything works for you now, after following the watch/unwatch steps explained?

DeletedUser205

ah ok, that sounds like it is: older threads get mailnotifications
(would you mind to write a little notice about that into the preferences, like "only future threads")?

Last activites: if I click on "sorella" I get "sorella was last seen: Viewing forum list, A moment ago"
(but I tested it now, it doesn't change, if I for example go to "members" and back"

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Thank you for that suggestion @sorella, we have now added an extra line there!

I will archive this thread as "not a bug" now. Thank you again for the feedback!