• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Pet Food is too rare

Droopy

Hi,

I understand pet food shouldn't be there in abundance, but at live i had only pet food once in the last 10 days in the MA (checked every 6 hours). This is too rare compared to how many buildings are offered which require/work with pet food.

So i would suggest to increase the way to earn/craft pet food.
For example add as prize to the Spire or ensure a bit more that you get at least x times pet food in a week.

Dillipa

Pet Food is the one thing I don't seem to have a problem with!! I get it at LEAST once a Day on my Live Account!

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Worthwhile making sure that you have all of the rotating buildings like the evolving bases, chess set , etc: crafted @Droopy to take them out of the recipe's. As long as you have them either placed in your city or stored in your inventory they stop coming back. This helps to maximise the slots available for the recipes that you do actually want to see.
Making sure that all slots are also available at the recipe reset also helps a great deal.

Droopy

Worthwhile making sure that you have all of the rotating buildings like the evolving bases, chess set , etc: crafted @Droopy to take them out of the recipe's. As long as you have them either placed in your city or stored in your inventory they stop coming back. This helps to maximise the slots available for the recipes that you do actually want to see.
Making sure that all slots are also available at the recipe reset also helps a great deal.
When pet food is craftable it always placed at the same place (5th place) and this only rotates between relics, artifacts and pet food. So i don't see how this would help?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team

I'd like to elaborate a bit more. Crafting some unique building will stop them from appearing again in crafting options, which in term means that other recipes have a higher chance of appearing.
However we split up our recipes in 5 seperate sections a while ago, and since then pet food will not be in the same spot as buildings. So this means crafting those buildings wont help you at all for this case of pet food, but it is helpful info for other crafting related issues (building wise).
The other part of the advice is correct however. If you craft a recipe that shares the same section as the pet food, and you are still crafting that when the 6 hour refesh is up, then you won't have a chance of getting a pet food in that slot.

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Very true, my thoughts were to elaborate on the way that the Magic Academy Recipe's rotate; what can crunch their gears in ways not every player would like :)
I forget that Beta players are generally ahead of that curve ball!

Droopy

I'd like to elaborate a bit more. Crafting some unique building will stop them from appearing again in crafting options, which in term means that other recipes have a higher chance of appearing.
However we split up our recipes in 5 seperate sections a while ago, and since then pet food will not be in the same spot as buildings. So this means crafting those buildings wont help you at all for this case of pet food, but it is helpful info for other crafting related issues (building wise).
The other part of the advice is correct however. If you craft a recipe that shares the same section as the pet food, and you are still crafting that when the 6 hour refesh is up, then you won't have a chance of getting a pet food in that slot.
To clarify a bit more. I always ensure the 5th slot is free when the 6 hours refresh is coming. So i was not crafting relics or anything in the 5th slot.

Karvest

Never seen it in other slots since current recipe slot distribution was introduced.
But I don't find it rare, though. At least my pet food stash keep growing (very slowly, but growing) despite of using 2 fire phoenixes and feeding 2 brown bears once a week.

Last edited:

FieryArien

In the app I see positions changed quite often. For example I had time boost displayed in the 1st slot in my magic academy in the morning and now I have time boost in the 4th slot. Currently I have a building in the 1st slot and I often remember buildings in the 5th slot. It’s just jumping around in the app. ;-)

The bad thing about this is that an app player must memorize the slot categories. We can’t go by the “keep Nth slot empty during recipe refresh to have a chance for pet food” rule. It does not work in the app!

Droopy

Never seen it in other slots since current recipe slot distribution was introduced.
But I don't find it rare, though. At least my pet food stash keep growing (very slowly, but growing) despite of using 2 fire phoenixes and feeding 2 brown bears once a week.
May be i'm just very unlucky with getting pet food. 4 in the week would already be great.

Droopy

There is a bug (or feature?) - when you open recipe list first time after update, position of slots is shuffled, but when you reopen it once again - it goes back to usual order.
Yes, i'm aware of that "bug". I just close the MA and reopen it so it will be in the correct positions.

PrimroseSylvia

It happens if you open (or have still already open) Crafting in the moment recipes are changing (it happens in browser version too); simply close and reopen it, and all recipes will be back in the right sposts ;)
ok, I didn't saw @Karvest and @Droopy answers :p

CrazyWizard

Anyway it's not too rare,

Making choices is part of the game.
You can't get an unlimited amound of pet food, therefore you cannot just activate everything all the time.

On average (many weeks) there is a more than decent amount of pet food each week if you see al recipe pools and make all you see.
In general testing showed you will get between 5-12 potential opportunities per week

Droopy

Anyway it's not too rare,

Making choices is part of the game.
You can't get an unlimited amound of pet food, therefore you cannot just activate everything all the time.

On average (many weeks) there is a more than decent amount of pet food each week if you see al recipe pools and make all you see.
In general testing showed you will get between 5-12 potential opportunities per week
I had 1 pet food in around 10 days at live i think that is too rare IMO, but here at beta i've seen it multiple times every week.

Last edited:

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Had you asked the support team to take a look at this for you Droopy, as they will be able to see the full 24 hour cycles in case you are missing some whilst sleeping? As that may put your mind at rest as it is the same mechanic here and live.