• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Text Perk Permissions for those below Arch Mage

SoggyShorts

Game version: v1.139-beta.9-(f8c31b2) - html5 (2021-10-01 10:15)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version:
Chrome latest
Operating System or Mobile Device:
win 10
Screen resolution:
Account name:
Soggyshorts
Humans or Elves:
ELf

Reproducibility:
5/5(

Current situation:
__Mages can spend perk points
__

Expected situation:
__Only AM can spend perk points
__

Reproduction Steps
1. Have a mage
2. spend perk points

Screenshots of the bug:

tap.png

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
moved this to text errors.
OF course mages can also spend those points. Some fellowships have an inactive arch mage and mages are leading it instead

SoggyShorts

We do, when we are asked. As far as I know. It's not really my department though so can't say too much about it
Ok good, so this can be set to AM only as it appears it was intended since the issue of FS without a mage can(and should) be fixed.

Alcaro

We do, when we are asked. As far as I know. It's not really my department though so can't say too much about it
no, you don't. I was in a FS where the AM logged in once in a while (whithout doing anything, not even a word in chat) so the Support considered him active and therefore they didn't want to strip him off the title. Eventually, after several month - almost half a year - we had to leave the FS and start another one, which wasn't our intention in any case.

SoggyShorts

no, you don't. I was in a FS where the AM logged in once in a while (whithout doing anything, not even a word in chat) so the Support considered him active and therefore they didn't want to strip him off the title. Eventually, after several month - almost half a year - we had to leave the FS and start another one, which wasn't our intention in any case.
I think that in such a situation inno's hands are tied.
An Archmage kinda owns their FS and no one can place activity requirements for them other than account abandonment-level inactivity.

You do bring up another valid point though, any FS with a crap AM can make a new FS.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I think that in such a situation inno's hands are tied.
An Archmage kinda owns their FS and no one can place activity requirements for them other than account abandonment-level inactivity.

You do bring up another valid point though, any FS with a crap AM can make a new FS.
Lets assume remaking a new FS because of an inactive AM will be even harder to do in the future, since you have to restart with the perks then.

SoggyShorts

Lets assume remaking a new FS because of an inactive AM will be even harder to do in the future, since you have to restart with the perks then.
Right, but an "inactive" AM can be replaced so there's no need for disbandment.
The only time an issue arises is in the case of a nearly dead AM which happens what? 1 in 10,000 FS?

Edit: I've been convinced, AM & mages should have access to perks.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Right, but an "inactive" AM can be replaced so there's no need for disbandment.
The only time an issue arises is in the case of a nearly dead AM which happens what? 1 in 10,000 FS?
A fully inactive yes, a slightly active no.

If you can't trust a mage with this do not make him a mage, giving the option to 1 person only will inevitably lead to worse situations.
This also makes sure any mage could reset the perkt for diamonds and not 100% of the cost need to be placed on the archmage. of situations at which the archmage needs to swap places for a sec to pay for the reset, it's so much less problematic to make someone mage for a second instead

Last edited:

Aeva

And besides an AM can be taken ill, hospitalized on a very long leave or whatever. And no, not everything is foreseeable.
It is customary to run a FS in a slightly democratic way, like with 1 AM en 2 or 3 mages (or just 1 :p) because in a team there are more competancies and a team can split the workload which makes sense because we play a game.

So I realy would like archmage ánd mages to be able to run the perks.

edeba

I've had 2 FS where the mage just disappeared and support does not removed them until a month after you contact them. Our one mage went on holidays and I wrote support asking about the process two weeks after she was due back and that started the 4 week timer before support removed her. It is actually a long time to be a player short when an archmage goes missing.

SoggyShorts

If you can't trust a mage with this do not make him a mage
At first, I hated this, but I guess we've been too ambivalent towards the titles and need to pay attention. Bleh.
This also makes sure any mage could reset the perkt for diamonds and not 100% of the cost need to be placed on the archmage.
Fair point.
And besides an AM can be taken ill, hospitalized on a very long leave or whatever. And no, not everything is foreseeable.
Yeah, OK I'm convinced.