• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix own chat notification after reload

DeletedUser607

Game version: __v1.14.3-(1cd9c6e) (2016-08-31 11:39)
Game world: __ beta 1
Browser + version: __ firefox 47.0.1
Flash Player version: __22.0.0.209
Operating System: __ win 10 pro
Screen resolution: __ 1920x1080 + 1366x768
Account name: __ juni
Humans or Elves: __ elves

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ chat notification after load after error is 1, although it was me who wrote the message (the system informs me about my own chat-message).
__

Expected situation:
__ not being informed that I wrote something in the chat
__

Reproduction Steps
__ write something in the chat (while no one else is writing back)
2. __ wait until the system has a connection error (or session timeout) and wants to reload (sometimes after a few minutes or an hour, or several hours)
3. __ reload the game
4. __ see a notification (1) on the chat menu, that someone wrote a message there.
5. __ click on it and watch the surprise, that the system informs you about your message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Thank you for your report. At this moment we cannot reproduce this issue. Does it only occur when the game reloads due to an error or do you also experience this when you reload the game manually yourself?

Elevenar

It happens, when you log-in again after some time. It also sometimes happens if you just switch view mode, e.g. go to world map, visit other player or research and then back to your city. It's not directly or only related to game crashes.

Veeb

Mine is Edge and does this too. Sometimes after crash - You get a red notification but it is just your own post from before you crashed.

Marindor

I have tried to reproduce this now by trying a known bug that produces an internal error on purpose and I'm not able to reproduce it. Reloading the game doesn't give the "1" for me. I'll have to archive this thread now as such but will leave it open for further replies. Should it reoccur, please try to find more exact reproduction steps and upload a recent screenshot(s). Thank you!

DeletedUser607

just had this bug again.

I did not take screenshots, because I thought that this bug was solved "accidentally" ;-)

essentially after logging in, it looked like there was a ne and unread message in the chat window... which turned out to be mine.

my last message at 1:05 GMT +1 (summer time) was:
2good night, sleep well"

the new login happened at 1:50 (or so), and that message was marked as unread (minimized chat-button with a (1) in a circle to indicate that somebody wrote in there.

EDIT: the last message in the chat does not need to be necessarily by the person who gets logged out, I've seen it once happending with a message from somebody else.

I have no clue about how to reproduce that error other than: write something in the chat, wait for some time, till that accounts gets logged out. re-log in, and there is a chance that your message is marked as unread in the chat.

EDIT2: the only thing I could imagine: every line of text needs to be flagged as "read". otherwise, it shows up as unread after login. maybe writing something + leaving the chatwindow open + getting logged out leads to a situation, where the read-flag is not removed.

EDIT3: happened again.

DeletedUser607

just as a reminder, this bug is still around.

happened to me in virtually every firefox release in the last 12 months, and various browsers (chrome, vivaldi, etc), and on different computers and on different servers.

it must have been recognized by somebody now...

Sir Squirrel

@Marindor
This happens to me quite often as well.
For reproduction try typing something in the chat, close chat window, then let the game sit until it times out, then see if it is red after you refresh. It seems to happen most times that way for me!
Should add that this happens to me when I have 2 browser windows open (my beta and live account) and do visits on one account and the other times out. I use IE for my browser.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1920

I get this a LOT when I do the /who command to see who's online with me.
Glitch 1.jpg Glitch 2.jpg Glitch 3.jpg Glitch 4.jpg Glitch 5.jpg

DeletedUser607

thanks for that report, as I use that command quite often aswell.

giving a quick thought, I had the bug occurring without using /who, but maybe it raises the chance of having that bug.

Elevenar

Hi, as said, the bug still exists (for a very long time now).

It has nothing to do with chat connection aka "can't establish a connection".

Sometimes (so not every time), the notification on your own messages occurs,

- when you just go to the worlmap and back
- or close the browser tab (with or without logging out before) and just return to the game
- if you log out or your session gets lost
- as mentioned also above, when you use chat commands like "/who"
- if you empty your browser cache

I could reproduce the error with emptying the browser (5=always).

CheErs

Elderflower

I have noticed this occasionally too. But I can't reproduce it reliably. When it does happen I don't need to let the game time out to do it. Just writing a bit of chat and then going to the world map or visiting a few cities will sometimes show my own chat as a new message alert when I come back to my city.

DeletedUser1777

I'm having this issue very regulary too. It happens in FF and Chrome, most often when I log in after a while. Don't have reproduction steps at all, but I almost never get the connection error in chat (maybe once in a month).

Marindor

Hi guys! Since we're still not able to reproduce this issue consistently, 5/5 reproduction steps are missing and the impact is very low, for now we will shift our efforts to different things and leave this as it is. If anyone has 5/5 repro steps with which reproduction is guaranteed, please let us know so we can discuss about reopening the bug report :)