• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Other] Email Alerts

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Add email notifications for various game actions.

Description

1. Email notifications for various reasons that can be customized via the "Settings" menu.
  • Your residences are at their capacity for gold. [Perhaps sent when 75% or more of your residences are at capacity]
  • Your workshops are full (unclaimed) [Perhaps due to the fact that these are limited, we can make it so it only sends the alert if supplies are unclaimed for a set number of hours.]
  • You've received a new private message [Instant]
  • You've received a new alert [Instant]
  • Barracks are not recruiting [After a set number of hours of barracks inactivity]
  • Construction has finished [Instant]
2. Have each alert - or perhaps only specific ones allowed to be customized.

Motivation
1. I believe this would provide greater flexibility to the game. Any of the above options would be available - but not compulsory, so players can choose which alerts they wish to receive.
2. Allowing players to customize which alerts they receive and for what reasons they receive them would cater to more gamers and more gaming styles.

Possible downsides
Server load on sending these emails.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I also agree with your idea, RoaringWhisper, - my reason is to be informed when I'm away from game, e.g. at work. When I get Alerts per email I'd be able to take the time to manage the game in short.

DeletedUser

Dislike, -1. I don't want my mailbox filled with meanngless clutter that will end up in the bin anyway. 9/10 that I will kill it without even looking what it is.

DeletedUser118

He said they can be customized. Which means it can also be turned off in the options. So no worry about your mailbox.

DeletedUser

Dislike, -1. I don't want my mailbox filled with meanngless clutter that will end up in the bin anyway. 9/10 that I will kill it without even looking what it is.
You can uncheck the option for receive no email ;)

DeletedUser

This is meant as an option. If you don't like it, turn it off in your settings.

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirements of 20 voters and 80% of the voters in favor of the idea, so we'll have to archive this thread now :)