• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Orcs & Goblins. Info on the new guest races.

DeletedUser651

Is my math right? I have 80 houses taking up 640 spaces currently. If I upgrade them all to the maximum I will get roughly 2 more pop per space so that will be an additional 1280 population once I upgrade every house in the city. But I can't do anything until that happens because we go negative in population until they are maxed out, right?

I can then use that to upgrade the other things.....it is 295 to upgrade one armory one level. 489 pop to upgrade the main hall one level. 271 to upgrade one dust factory. 245 to upgrade the barracks one level. And I am done being able to upgrade anything else unless I get more expansions and build some more houses.

Ok. I think I have it. I will need to focus on changing all those houses asap. And maybe tearing down something to give me more population to spread around. I had wanted to have 4 armories, but I don't see how I can have the people for them. I had also wanted 4 upgraded dust factories...

Well, maybe I don't need the dust factories upgraded. I can't really afford to keep them running now. They cost too much in supplies. So I will skip those.

I am not sure what to do about all the workshops. I need a lot of those, but I can't upgrade them all. That takes orcs and more population which I won't have.

This is all a very interesting puzzle. It will be a challenge, but fun. I like it when we go back to the puzzle of the building game. :)

Has anyone figured out what the new "it" building will be? That building that gives you the most ranking points for the space?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

Ok...besides wonders that I will never be able to get enough runes to build....lol....what is the new building that gives you the best points per square?

Lissona

After doing some math I stopped thinking about any upgrades - and instead planned which buildings to tear down to get enough space for orc rallye points and mushroom farms. It seems that the orcs need much more space in my city than the dwarves/fairies...

DeletedUser1231

Of course not (despite the fact that I do not understand how you calculate tweo barracks). It is not and never should be possible to upgrade every building without the need of more space.

Btw.: before you think of upgrading gems, take a closer look at how much goods you need for research until that point - and how long it will take you to get there (and how much expansions you get until there).
Actually for the barracks it is an error from me, him(it) not there's only one.

Otherwise during the passage in the era of the dwarfs houses won 12 inhabitants by square of the level 15 at the level 17, in the period I had 480 squared by house is an earnings of 5760 inhabitants.

For the passage in the era of the fairies the gains by square were 10 by carré.à the period I had 554 squares of houses thus an gain of 5540 inhabitants.

For the passage in the era of orcs the gains by square are 2, as I have 576 squared by house the gains are thus 1152 inhabitants.

5500 inhabitants are widely sufficient to cross at the upper level all the buildings, see even crossing them of 2 levels.
Thus with 1150 inhabitants I am not going to make big chose.je am going to be obliged to put 4 Residences in more for compensate, what takes me 50 squares is 2 extension on 6 that I am going to have by the end of the tech tree (4 freed and 2 with the explorations).

I thus have 4 explorations to put my buildings in the upper level as well as the specific buildings of orcs, it is not thus possible.il be going to need to remove buildings (and I do not even speak about the possibilitée to put new AW.

DeletedUser1502

The part that DOES NOT please me is the need for Orcs BEFORE you can make them...How is this fair to those of us who have to WAIT. Why are there Orc in both the tournaments and for negotiating? I am still working on Fairies on the research tree and Orc/goblins are not even close to where I am.

DeletedUser118

Muf-Muf stated, that the Orcs showing up in tournaments are probably a bug. The ones on the map should show up, once you've reached a specific range from your home town for as far as I have understood.

Edit: Here you have Muf-Muf's statement about it.

It is intended that negotiating requires Orcs in provinces of distance 10 or further. If it happens below that, it should not be like that. Will have to check on the cater costs for tournaments.

For the Tournaments this is not intended, so we will forward that for fixing. Thanks for the report!

DeletedUser651

They are creating a catch 22 for us and really slamming the door on exploring. You can't clear the next tech until you have a lot of kp, but you can't negotiate provinces to get that kp until you clear the tech.

First it was the chests...hey players...you aren't exploring enough provinces....now it is hey players...you are exploring too many! Stop! No more exploring for you until you get to a certain spot on the tech tree. UNLESS....unless you are fighter....you fighter players, you can do what you want. But you peaceful folks who like to negotiate....you folks can't.

At sectors 12 onward, fighting is impossible for all but the best fighters around here. So, only the most brilliant fighters will be allowed to clear those provinces. Because negotiators need orcs to negotiate and you don't get those orcs for quite a while. I reached sector 10 a LONG time ago. I'm so grateful I was long through the fairy chapter before this change came in.

Brummbaer

Orcs!!
Where are they stored?
Where can I find the amount of available orcs?
What happens in the future with the orcs we need to negotate tournaments/province figths?
Please let us be informed, thanks

DeletedUser283

it is clearly illogical, if not straightforward dishonnest, to ask players for orcs that they just cannot have because they have not yet researched the appropriate technology;
this is the product of a lazy mind : instead of triggering orcs for catering according to where players are in the tech tree, let us just ask for orcs in provinces ring XX onwards; what, they have no orcs yet ? well let them eat cake !
this is the exact equivalent of quest that would ask a player to produce Magical goods while he is still in chapter II !

Brummbaer

Why is it illogical?
I like to be well informed. The new chapter started and I miss this information.
I'm the "Knowledge Pool" of my fellowship and of my neighbors around.

DeletedUser326

I'm curious where we are supposed to get all the supplies from to even train orcs.

When i look at the costs and how few i will get for that i will have to stop half of my goods production if not all.

Overall it Looks nice. But will be a hell of a challenge.

DeletedUser1502

Hi Chimere,
I thing now is the time to use the Magic Academy to create "Supply Boost Spells"

The problem with this is this too is a catch 22...you need runes to produce spells, and runes to boost supplies...every time you use a spell you are using at least 3 runes (depending on the spell. Some are more) and if that spell requires rune from your boosted goods you are robbing yourself with every use. The further you are along with "provinces" the longer the scouting takes. So that if you use 3 spells (fastest time is 11 hrs. per spell) you will need to replace a minimum of 9 runes with probably of needing to scout 3 different provinces for those runes and "win" 3 spots in each province to get those runes. It will take you longer to do this than it may be worth. IF you need runes from your "boosted" good you are lowering your production of those goods to try to "help" another good. I don't see this as being helpful. Don't forget you also need runes to build your AW's as well as you also need them for upgrades.

DeletedUser118

The MA doesn't need any boosted goods relics for as far as I know. Besides, you can sure get alot of them from fighting in tournaments.