• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Orcs & Goblins. Info on the new guest races.

DeletedUser629

I will post some info on the buildings of the new guest races here on the forum so you, the players, don't have to wait for the wiki page to be updated.

I play as human myself, so the info i post here is based on a human city. Elves will follow shortly.

Residences. Human residences at level 19 have a size of 5x2. The size will increase to 4x3, however, your population will increase as well.

From level 19 to level 20, your population will go from 680 to 750. From 20 to 21, your population will increase to 850.

The workshops: Workshops will stay the same size, however, you will be needing Orcs to upgrade them. I will post more info abut the orcs later on.

Armories: very important building. The seize will increase from 3x8 to 5x5. A level 20 armory will have a training size of 69(48 at level 19) At level 21, the size will increase to 74. At level 22, the size will increase to 80. At level 23, the size will increase to 87.

The armory will function as a manufactory where you can breed orcs. Below an image of what it looks like.
b494c07eba2a48ebbe0a8ca15a129cbc.png

You will need to breed orcs to be able to upgrade your workshops as i said earlier.

Workshops and amount of Orcs needed:

From level 19 to level 20, you will need 1680 Orcs. From level 20 to 21 you will need 1910 Orcs.

New Units:

Oh yes, we get 2 unit upgrades!!

Crosbowman II will evolve to master crossbowman, and his new suit looks awesome. Combine him with the needles of the tempest wonder and you've got yourselves a badass archer.

b4f6b7c3e9f04d7380c639d30e4a8498.png

But there can only be 1 who is the most badass of them all. It's every human's favourite puppy, Cerberus. He looks scary and ready to tear your enemies into little pieces. His shiny demon eyes will be the last thing your enemy will see before they die. So sinister ;)

6562dbca5cd641488085ada337318b89.png

To upgrade your manufactories, you won't be needing Orcs, and the size won't increase either.

Portal and Orc buildings.

As you all know by now, a new guest race will require a new portal for them to enter your cities. They also require 2 new buildings where you can produce Orc goods, which you need to be able to advance in the research tree.

building 1: Mushroom farm.

Guess what this building makes. that's right, mushrooms. 4 types of mushrooms to be exact.
df0024a9856742eba9130aad652fc827.png

What is it the shroom of wisdom needs? Is that poo? Yes, yes it is. it's Orc poo :D

Size of 1 farm is 2x2

This is where building 2 comes in:

Orc rally point:

7b3482987afb41f9bc189b5496aa2599.png

The rally point requires Orcs to be able to manufacture goods.

The building is huge, in fact, it's gigantic with its size of 5x7.

The barracks will stay the same size when upgrading.

More info will be added soon, but for now, this it it.

Enjoy the new guest races :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

Portal starts at 3 x 4. I am curious how they expand as they level up. In addition, do the orc production buildings increase in size as they level up?
Please and thank you.

DeletedUser629

The production buildings do not increase in size, just like the previous guest race buildings didn't :)

The portal will increase in size every level.

Preator

Residences. Human residences at level 19 have a size of 5x3. The size will shrink to 4x3, however, your population will increase.

From level 19 to level 20, your population will go from 680 to 750. From 20 to 21, your population will increase to 850.

Human residences at level 19 do not have a size of 5x3. They have a size of 5x2.
If the devs determined the new populations assuming level 19 as 5x3 size, then it appears that they made a big mistake.
Currently, there is almost no reason for us to upgrade the residences beyond level 19. Because the population per square decreases dramatically.

DeletedUser629

You're right, it's 5x2, my bad. Currently, humans have a population of 68 per square at level 19, however, at level 21, the building will be 12 squares, the population will be 850, which is 70,8 per square. That's still an increase, though a very small one.

Preator

Well, for humans you are right. But i play as an elf.
Level 19 -> Size 2x4 , population 550, population per square 68,75
Level 20 -> Size 4x3, population 750, population per square 62,50
Level 21 -> Unknown yet

DeletedUser1345

Well, I do like the increase in coin production. In that regard it makes up for the space with its next level.
Sorry, I don't want to hound about the portal, but is four going to be the max level ? At whatever its highest level is, how big will it get?

DeletedUser1529

Level 21 has the same size as Level 20.

Size 4x3 (Elves) 3x4 (Humans)
Population:850 (70.833 per tile) [this is for both races]

DeletedUser1627

What about the size of the portal?

I think that the developers makes the game harder than before :eek:

Jaxom

So I assume that the fairy military units will never be implemented. Seems like the opportunity to do them has passed.

DeletedUser629

So I assume that the fairy military units will never be implemented. Seems like the opportunity to do them has passed.

They will be implemented at a later time. The new guest race was simply prioritized.

DeletedUser1627

Can we have all the details of the elves buildings... I want to prepare my city to know what I have to erase what I have to add
Maybe the wiki will be update before the update of the worlds servors?

Wow elves gain 300 of population with the new residences! That's amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser629

4 seconds to train 1110 Orcs? That looks a LOT like a testing environment, you naughty boy.

Well of course. If i had run it at normal speed, this thread would have been posted in about 5 days ^^

DeletedUser118

5x7 for a single Orc rally Point?? The shizzle! :eek: Where the hell you want us to put that? o_O If you have 4 of these half of the city space will be already covered. Geez... :confused:

DeletedUser1231

The number of population for residences orc is a little bit low and is going to raise problems.
Residences orc will give 2 population in more by square to the level 21.
In my city I have at present 72 residences thus 576 squared, what will thus make for me an gain of 1152 population in more for the upgrade of my houses for the same used space.

If I look at needs by living to pass at the level 20:
- barracks: 245 * 2 =490
-workshop: 101 * 9=909
- gems manufactory: 460 * 4=1840
-armory: 295 * 2=590

That is 3829 wanted inhabitants only to put in the level 20

Not need to be a mathematician to see that that is not going to be possible

Jixel

To upgrade your manufactories, you won't be needing Orcs, and the size won't increase either.

On Beta, my Gems manufactory now has an Upgrade option which shows the size changing from 4x5 to 5x4 - so the size is the same, but orientation is different ? Or is this a bug ? @Goryn

Edit: Also, I agree with benroq, the residence upgrades are feeble, and for elves our population density goes down on the upgrade to level 20, before going up (but only to slightly higher than before). Even I'm starting to get cynical and see this as another attempt to force people to buy Snails ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser1627

@jixel this is normal, the gems manufactory is an exeption as you can see also in the innogames TV july episode they show you the three changing manufactory and only the gems manufactory orientation changes.

Lissona

The number of population for residences orc is a little bit low and is going to raise problems.
Residences orc will give 2 population in more by square to the level 21.
In my city I have at present 72 residences thus 576 squared, what will thus make for me an gain of 1152 population in more for the upgrade of my houses for the same used space.

If I look at needs by living to pass at the level 20:
- barracks: 245 * 2 =490
-workshop: 101 * 9=909
- gems manufactory: 460 * 4=1840
-armory: 295 * 2=590

That is 3829 wanted inhabitants only to put in the level 20

Not need to be a mathematician to see that that is not going to be possible

Of course not (despite the fact that I do not understand how you calculate tweo barracks). It is not and never should be possible to upgrade every building without the need of more space.

Btw.: before you think of upgrading gems, take a closer look at how much goods you need for research until that point - and how long it will take you to get there (and how much expansions you get until there).