• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Optional research

Richord

In some way it was mentioned by inno that optional squad research won't affect the tournament anymore.
Somebody confirmed this is indeed so.

I'd like to have a fact check if this is really the truth.

And a follow up:

All other optional researches; is there a reason to research them? Does it aid a wonder or strength of enemies?

Karvest

optional SSU => more troops produced in unit-producing AWs + bigger training size bonus from bulwark. => worth researching if it really doesn't affect tourney/spire.

optional city expansions when placed in the city => increased spire/tourney cost due to bigger armies involved/more goods needed. => questionable even if research itself doesn't affect tourney/spire directly.

DeletedUser3289

Best to not do anything drastic and wait to see how it hits the live servers.

Richord

ok, inno seemed to have told the moderators that the effect of the squads is indeed different.

but what about the rest of the optional researches? what effect do they have?

Marindor

@Richord unfortunately we won't be able to share any specific information about the exact formulas used in the game, so I'm afraid not, sorry.

Richord

don't care about formulas.
I just want/need to know if optional is without any consequences or not.
does it affect my gameplay or not? (=it doesn't do anything but the effect of the research itself)

Pauly7

As far as I know completing optional SS researches will have a negative impact for you in tournaments, but only a minor one as they will each count as one extra research completed and all researches now affect the formula.

Richord

That part was undone as I understood. that's why many researched them after all and that's why those researches were changed so they could be bought without GR-stuff.

I'd like info about all other optional researches. not squadsize.