• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Optimize Fighting troops

DeletedUser

Hi, I read multiple topics regarding fighting but couldn't find a clear answer how to optimize the troops in order to win the battle with the minimum losses.
I current can train:
Sword Dancer II
Archer II
Treant
Golem

How can I calculate what units to use when fighting against Archer/Necormancer/Knight/War Dog/Cannoneer/Treant/Swamp Monster etc? Can it be simplyfied in a way for example..
Archer II kills War Dogs
Golem kills Swamp Monster?

DeletedUser338

Troops have very clear strengths and weaknesses. Treants, for example, do well against Light Melee, so you should use them to fight that.
War Dogs are fast and have lots of defenses against Short Ranged, so you shouldn't use Archers against them.
Other than that, you'll have to find out yourself or ask an elf. I play with human troops, so I don't know how well certain elven troops work.

DeletedUser

I think there will be much debate on this issue.
I personally use :
45px-Elves_sworddancer.png
against
60px-Mob_wardog_big.png
45px-Orc.png
45px-Archer_Province.png
45px-Necromancer.png
45px-Mortar.png

45px-Elves_archer.png
against
45px-Thief.png
45px-Bandit.png
45px-Archer_Province.png
45px-Knight.png
45px-Steinling.png
45px-Swamp_Monter.png

45px-Elves_ent.png
against
45px-Knight.png
45px-Swamp_Monter.png

45px-Elves_golem.png
against
45px-Archer_Province.png
45px-Knight.png
45px-Swamp_Monter.png

And I have not yet used sorceresse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I havent tested it yet, but based on the information fromt the game and from the link, this table might work. I completed it based on the enemies/troops that I could find up to now in the game.
How about the Canonners, how to fight them?

Also, how about the automatic fighting? Does it have decent results compared to an average manual fighting?

http://prntscr.com/77boqc

DeletedUser

The weak point of Canonners are SwordDancer.
The archers are not very effective against them and my Treants never succeeded to reach. But I imagine that they too can beat them.

DeletedUser778

Golems are also good against Mortars they reach them most of the times faster then sworddancer and aren't the main focus of enemy troops.
Ents are really strong vs light melee (thiefs, orcs, dogs), but if the enemy has heavy range (steinlings, golems, mortars) you should be carefull with them, because ents take a lot of damage from these.

DeletedUser

...I like so much this kinf of discussions 'cause I'm a bad fighter :confused:
Thank you so much for your help about that! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser338

Also, how about the automatic fighting? Does it have decent results compared to an average manual fighting?
I wouldn't suggest automatic fighting. It will always make you lose more troops than with manual fighting. It can be used in some occasions without losing a lot more, but even in those cases I would still fight manually.

DeletedUser

I agree with you, Lor Jirre: in the past, I tried using automatic fighting but it was simply a tragedy...I lost a lot of troops and I promised to myself that I'd have used that mechanism never more! :confused:

DeletedUser

It is true that the automatic fighting is very unreliable . It should be used as little as possible, friendly advice.

DeletedUser

Ok, so it seems clear that it's not advisable using automatic fighting ;)

DeletedUser1151

Auto fight is never good, atlast in this kind og games :) and this style of fighting remind me on Heroes of Might and Magic fight style, if some of you play them, then you know about i talk :) i don't have much problems, but still must make higher number units in squad :D

DeletedUser

Another things about the fighting, is there an option to use different number of troops in each cell?
There are 5 cells in the Army Setup and for example each cell takes 16 Golem. I have 26 Golem. The system puts them 16 + 10. Can I change it to 13 +13. And the most important...does it make a difference? :p

DeletedUser338

You can't change it and I highly doubt it makes a difference. If anything, 16+10 works in your favor, because I believe enemy troops still focus your lower-life troops. So then your squad of 16 deals more damage for more rounds. Not completely sure of that though. But you can't change it anyway, so it makes no difference.