• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Opinion poll, Should Elvenar be able to change a functioning prize in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1909

After its been won.? And the event is over.

My vote is no.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

It would be pretty simple to make all old buildings into "Legacy" buildings, and then the new changed building could be for any won in the future (like orc nests)
I don't think any of the changed buildings were overpowered before (in fact they are better now from a purely mathematical efficiency view), but players are bound to be annoyed if they build their cities around something and it gets changed- even if it';s an improvement on paper.

The most recent change of making orc nests give T3 instead of supplies is a perfect example:
The new version is quite good at making T3 per square, and can actually save you more space than the old version.
The problem is that players have had them for a while and designed the city around them. Maybe they built another T3 factory and nuked a workshop. Now they need to nuke the factory and build another workshop? Even if it's "better" in the long run, that is a huge pain in the butt, and there's going to be negative feedback.

Brummbaer

My vote is : NO

If I decided to build up a building - I know what I get. That's the reason I build this. If there is a change I do not have what I want
;)

Lisha

They should at the very least acknowledge that not everybody will want the change and thus give those players an option to choose, or in any other way offer them a replacement building with similar features, not force the change upon them.

Deleted User - 60107

my vote is yes because people wanted them to be changed
Some people, but not everyone. I was quite happy with the supplies my Orc-chapter Mana Hut was producing and did not want it changed.

They should at the very least acknowledge that not everybody will want the change and thus give those players an option to choose, or in any other way offer them a replacement building with similar features, not force the change upon them.
Exactly. Different players need different things, and not everyone is going to want the T3 goods. Especially since they didn't even give a warning about the coming change before it happened.

DeletedUser1909

I sure as hell didn't. and it amounts to false advertising.

DeletedUser332

I think a short-term penalty in having to readjust one's city based on a changed building is a fine price to pay for the long-term benefit of having a more powerful building. This is a game played over months/years, after all. By the time the next big event rolls around, you're already going to have come out ahead with the changed building versus what you would have received from the old one.

DeletedUser1909

If it's not what I won the way it was, then it's a rip off.
I could care less about the adjustment I want what I won not something thats has mutated

DeletedUser1657

Yes - there are reasons for the change whether balance or improvement. Asking for historical versions is not realistic in the terms of game mechanics and fairness. Whether they could do something to improve the approach when something changes, well that is a whole different question ;)

DeletedUser1909

Really when making a change to something you have won, is very poor I see it as fraud, but that's my opinion. Once something is acquired would you want it to change, especially if you had geared your city for the prizes?

Take premium culture for an example you pay for a 10,200 culture item and they change it to 5100 culture, would you not feel ripped off? Even if it was a "balancing thing" this is an example only.
And some of these balancing changes are still not functioning correctly do we get anything for that?
No...

Jackluyt

Well they are covered in the End Users Licence Agreement - which we all signed!
They are entitled to make any changes to the game they feel fit.
:)
But they way they go about it is often insensitive and undiplomatic - and unnecessarily ruffles a lot of feathers...

DeletedUser1657

Really when making a change to something you have won, is very poor I see it as fraud, but that's my opinion. Once something is acquired would you want it to change, especially if you had geared your city for the prizes?

Is the issue change or the type of change? Only a person can answer that for themselves, but when all of the wonders changed I don't recall any complaints about those that got better even though something we had worked hard for and levelled and was intended to help our strategy changed. For many it is about an unexpected or unwanted change, and the unwanted is subjective so there won't be 100% agreement amongst players and possibly evens devs.

Take premium culture for an example you pay for a 10,200 culture item and they change it to 5100 culture, would you not feel ripped off? Even if it was a "balancing thing" this is an example only.
And some of these balancing changes are still not functioning correctly do we get anything for that?
No...

This for me is the issue, the method of applying the change. I can tolerate a need for change and even mistakes. For me the calibre of a company shows through in how they handle that mistake (or change in this case). If we had little compensation packs for things like this even if it was somewhat token in nature it would go a long way to showing an understanding of the frustrations some/all players will experience with the change.

I recall when tournaments changed they mentioned KP was a low value gift, I could handle some free KP as compensation when appropriate. :rolleyes::p

DeletedUser1909

Yes maybe a few hundred
Thanks Mykan

Marindor

Hi guys!

In a continuesly developing game like Elvenar, balancing changes will be made from time to time. This is inevitable and like @Mykan said: We never do that without having good reasons for that to preserve the future of the game. If you don't like that, you might better look for games with a certain begin and a certain end, like regular pc games. You can play it from the begin till the end and then buy a new one :) Online browser games that keep developing for many years, do need alterations now and then to make sure the games survive and stay attractive on the long run. @jps54 we have given you some room here to let off your steam and you've made your point, but since this thread is not going to lead anywhere and it's pretty useless to keep it open, we will now close it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.