• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Numbering Format

DeletedUser694

Whilst I am aware that certain European countries use a "." (dot) for the thousand separators, a lot of use are from other parts of the world, and would like to see a "," (comma) for the thousand separators.

Also, the justification on the goods menu should be right justified, as opposed to left justified as it is at the minute.

DeletedUser

Also, the justification on the goods menu should be right justified, as opposed to left justified as it is at the minute.
I am not sure what menu you are talking about. Goods are on several menus.

DeletedUser

So this one?
ElvenarTemp_7.jpg

DeletedUser694

Yes that one. As you can see it is left justified and no comma separator.

DeletedUser694

I know there isn't, just that on Forge they introduced correct formatting a couple of releases ago. I assume they will do it on Elvenar if there is more people supporting it.

DeletedUser252

I know there isn't, just that on Forge they introduced correct formatting a couple of releases ago. I assume they will do it on Elvenar if there is more people supporting it.
Maybe on your server, but on mine they didn't. Thank god! For a lot of people is everything after a comma a part of wat it's before the comma. realy confusing if it says 1,423 marble.
Since this is an general server where people from the whole world can play, I hope they don't change it.

DeletedUser694

On Grief they did. But. I assume that you understand 1.423 marble to represent 1423 then? It's not a problem. Was just pointing out that as they introduced onto to English server that they would here. But as you say, this is a world wide Beta server then they will keep formatting as it is and when the Full release comes they may put in correct format for each of the language servers.

DeletedUser252

Frankly; I didn't know there very ppl who put comma's where i put dots! :rolleyes:
For my curiosity: how do you write 1 million dollar and 50 cents?;)

DeletedUser694

Ok here you are:
$1,000,000.50

As a European, how would you write it?

DeletedUser170

If there would be anything please only put empty spaces between the numbers. Both comma and point would mislead me :D

DeletedUser651

"I assume that you understand 1.423 marble to represent 1423 then." Actually, no. 1.423 marble means a little under one and half marble to me. It is one full marble plus four tenths plus two hundredths plus three thousandths.

How do you write decimal places then if you don't use dots?

As an American, it would be incredibly confusing to me to use a decimal point when you don't mean decimal places.

1. Decimal Point. A point or dot used to separate the whole number part from the fractional part of a number. Example: in the number 36.9 the point separates the 36 (the whole number part) from the 9 (the fractional part, which really means 9 tenths).

DeletedUser236

in Europe we use dots and comma the other way around (1.001 = thousand and one while 1,001 = a little over one). So im in favour of not adding any . or , :D

DeletedUser

I'm with acamax. The other countires are a bit weird with that. I get confused nowadays because I can do English as good as Dutch.